• =?UTF-8?Q?CyclingMikey=20=E2=80=98accidentally=E2=80=99?= =?UTF-8?Q?=20

From Spike@21:1/5 to All on Thu Apr 11 10:11:54 2024
    [One traffic light green, three traffic lights red, CyclingMikey ‘accidentally’ rides through red light junction unlike the motor traffic that stayed stopped]

"I'll pay the fine! You're not going to see me complaining": CyclingMikey shares footage of him accidentally riding through red light, although
    barrister doubts prosecution is "in the public interest"

Here's a bizarre turn of events for your Wednesday live blog. CyclingMikey,
    the road safety campaigner who uploads and reports videos of road users committing traffic offences, has shared his latest video, in which the road user in question is... himself?!

Having stopped at traffic lights on Eccleston Street in Westminster, one of
    the four lights visible soon turned green, signalling the bicycle rider to advance and cross the junction. However, with no traffic following, and the benefit of camera footage to look back on, he worked out the other three
    lights were red and the green light was in fact for traffic from another direction and had been twisted out of place. How the junction should
    look...

CyclingMikey red light video (YouTube/CyclingMikey)
    Anyway, Mikey took the bold (and admirably principled) step of uploading
    the footage to social media and even invited any trolls who may wish to
    report the incident to the police, giving the time and date of the incident
    to assist any report.

"It's my mistake, I hold my hands up, I'm at fault there," Mikey told his YouTube video. "I missed that the other two traffic lights were still red.
    I realised something was wrong when the scooter rider next to me revved his engine and then stopped, so he obviously almost got caught too, but he and
    the other scooter rider behind me didn't follow through.

That's probably the best use of video cameras that I have over the years,
    that I can go back and look at when there's been a point of conflict or something's gone unexpectedly and I can find out what went wrong and change
    my own riding as a result.

"I'm sure that some trolls would like to report me for running the red
    light... you're welcome to, I'll even give you the time and date! It was yesterday, the 8th April, at 13:16, I'm sure you can work out where the
    road is.

"If the police prosecute me, so what? I'll pay the fine, you're not going
    to see me complaining."

Barrister and fellow YouTuber the BlackBeltBarrister saw the footage and suggested it "ought not be in the public interest" to prosecute in this
    case.

"Perfect example of where the police can use discretion as this video
    serves as education and a show of integrity — so it ought not to be in the public interest to prosecute," he commented.

<https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-10-april-2024-307749#live-blog-item-56699>

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to Spike on Thu Apr 11 14:40:11 2024
    On 11/04/2024 11:11 am, Spike wrote:

[One traffic light green, three traffic lights red, CyclingMikey ‘accidentally’ rides through red light junction unlike the motor traffic that stayed stopped]

"I'll pay the fine! You're not going to see me complaining": CyclingMikey shares footage of him accidentally riding through red light, although barrister doubts prosecution is "in the public interest"

Here's a bizarre turn of events for your Wednesday live blog. CyclingMikey, the road safety campaigner who uploads and reports videos of road users committing traffic offences, has shared his latest video, in which the road user in question is... himself?!

Having stopped at traffic lights on Eccleston Street in Westminster, one of the four lights visible soon turned green, signalling the bicycle rider to advance and cross the junction. However, with no traffic following, and the benefit of camera footage to look back on, he worked out the other three lights were red and the green light was in fact for traffic from another direction and had been twisted out of place. How the junction should
    look...

the footage to social media and even invited any trolls who may wish to report the incident to the police, giving the time and date of the incident to assist any report.

"It's my mistake, I hold my hands up, I'm at fault there," Mikey told his YouTube video. "I missed that the other two traffic lights were still red.
    I realised something was wrong when the scooter rider next to me revved his engine and then stopped, so he obviously almost got caught too, but he and the other scooter rider behind me didn't follow through.

That's probably the best use of video cameras that I have over the years, that I can go back and look at when there's been a point of conflict or something's gone unexpectedly and I can find out what went wrong and change my own riding as a result.

"I'm sure that some trolls would like to report me for running the red light... you're welcome to, I'll even give you the time and date! It was yesterday, the 8th April, at 13:16, I'm sure you can work out where the
    road is.

to see me complaining."

Barrister and fellow YouTuber the BlackBeltBarrister saw the footage and suggested it "ought not be in the public interest" to prosecute in this
    case.

serves as education and a show of integrity — so it ought not to be in the public interest to prosecute," he commented.

<https://road.cc/content/news/cycling-live-blog-10-april-2024-307749#live-blog-item-56699>

Why doesn't the snivelling hypocrite just report himself to the police?

And of course, while he says he would "pay the fine", the disingenuous
    little turd wouldn't get points on his chav-cycling licence, would he?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to JNugent on Thu Apr 11 16:05:20 2024
    JNugent <JNugent73@mail.com> wrote:
    On 11/04/2024 11:11 am, Spike wrote:

[One traffic light green, three traffic lights red, CyclingMikey
    ‘accidentally’ rides through red light junction unlike the motor traffic >> that stayed stopped]

"I'll pay the fine! You're not going to see me complaining": CyclingMikey
    shares footage of him accidentally riding through red light, although
    barrister doubts prosecution is "in the public interest"

Here's a bizarre turn of events for your Wednesday live blog. CyclingMikey, >> the road safety campaigner who uploads and reports videos of road users
    committing traffic offences, has shared his latest video, in which the road >> user in question is... himself?!

Having stopped at traffic lights on Eccleston Street in Westminster, one of >> the four lights visible soon turned green, signalling the bicycle rider to >> advance and cross the junction. However, with no traffic following, and the >> benefit of camera footage to look back on, he worked out the other three
    lights were red and the green light was in fact for traffic from another
    direction and had been twisted out of place. How the junction should
    look...

the footage to social media and even invited any trolls who may wish to
    report the incident to the police, giving the time and date of the incident >> to assist any report.

"It's my mistake, I hold my hands up, I'm at fault there," Mikey told his
    YouTube video. "I missed that the other two traffic lights were still red. >> I realised something was wrong when the scooter rider next to me revved his >> engine and then stopped, so he obviously almost got caught too, but he and >> the other scooter rider behind me didn't follow through.

That's probably the best use of video cameras that I have over the years,
    that I can go back and look at when there's been a point of conflict or
    something's gone unexpectedly and I can find out what went wrong and change >> my own riding as a result.

"I'm sure that some trolls would like to report me for running the red
    light... you're welcome to, I'll even give you the time and date! It was
    yesterday, the 8th April, at 13:16, I'm sure you can work out where the
    road is.

to see me complaining."

Barrister and fellow YouTuber the BlackBeltBarrister saw the footage and
    suggested it "ought not be in the public interest" to prosecute in this
    case.

serves as education and a show of integrity — so it ought not to be in the >> public interest to prosecute," he commented.

Why doesn't the snivelling hypocrite just report himself to the police?

Do as I say, not as I do, perhaps?

And of course, while he says he would "pay the fine", the disingenuous
    little turd wouldn't get points on his chav-cycling licence, would he?

If CyclingMikey couldn’t see three red traffic lights, nor have the
    gumption to realise that no-one else was going through them, then he shouldn’t be on the road in any way, shape, or form; never mind telling others how they should behave.

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05