• =?UTF-8?Q?Re=3A_Motorist_ridiculed_after_calling_for_=E2=80=9Cslow_dri?

From uk.rec.cycling@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 06:23:11 2023
    brooksby replied to NickSprink | 12177 posts | 2 hours ago
    9 likes

I do wonder sometimes whether some people have absolutely no idea how fast things travel... Perhaps he genuinely thinks that cyclists are travelling everywhere at 2mph and motorists are travelling everywhere at 40-60 mph?

Anyway, when I'm riding through town I am regularly held up by stationary motor vehicles (which are of course now built wide enough to fill the entire traffic lane.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 06:20:47 2023
    peted76 wrote:

A slow drive protest, you couldn't make this up!

Ah! That explains it! I've been caught up in these before, I just never knew what they were about. I'm not sure why they needed to last 12 hours, or why they happened on the M4, but still - Bloody cyclists, eh?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Simon Mason@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 19 06:27:36 2023
    (which are of course now built wide enough to fill the entire traffic lane).

Reminds of Saturday on a narrow lane. Start to go round the corner in the car and 2 wankpanzers the other way. Of course had they been narrower, it would have been easier for us all to pass.

I reversed back to where I knew it was wider, only I had to reverse on a bend. Not impressed when I moved off to find they could have reversed in a straight line to a wider bit !

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05