• AP's 310th book of science:: Why the first 10 elements are not all gase

From Archimedes Plutonium@21:1/5 to All on Mon Nov 27 22:56:38 2023
    I cannot remember what year I studied chemistry at University of Cincinnati from 1968-1972. It had to be one of the first two years. I remember one year was chemistry and the other was physics, but was it freshman year chemistry and sophomore year
    physics? No, I bet, knowing myself that I plunged in and took both chemistry and physics and calculus all in the first year. Most students would shudder at such a course load, for I also took Geology that first year. I think we were allowed at maximum 5
    sciences in any given quarter. And I always managed to take the maximum course load. I wanted knowledge, not grades.

Anyway, I remember me in chemistry class one day and wondering the question of why carbon is not a gas. Perhaps it was the triple point. But I kind of though in my teenager mind, that it had something to do with the mass, the density of the atom. Hard
    to think a diamond atoms could be gases. And why was lithium a metal, and not a gas.

In my teenager mind, I thought that the Noble gases the inability to bond with other atoms, caused it to be a gas, for surely Radon was a heavy element with atomic number 86, yet it still was a gas. And element 118, which was not around in the late 1960s,
    early 1970s, is so heavy, would it be a gas? Or would it be atoms that are solids that never bonded with other elements and would be the tinest solid you could come across?

These and many more questions were on my teenager mind and none got solved. But now, in late 2023 with knowing the geometry inside of Atoms, knowing the function and geometrical structure inside atoms, it is time to review the theory of gas, liquid and
    solids.

AP

AP's 310th book of science:: Why the first 10 elements are not all gases, and what makes a gas?//Chemistry by Archimedes Plutonium

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)