• Bipedal "Ape" found in Germany?

From JTEM is so reasonable@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 25 23:41:26 2023
    Now I'm on record stating that I'm the very last person
    to pee myself over a tooth but, for the benefit of those
    who cling to these things like a drowning man to a life
    preserver...

So National Geographic absolutely ROTS as a cite but
    here's this:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/ancient-teeth-found-germany-dont-rewrite-human-history-science

In the highly likely event you can't even read that one, here's
    another URL:

https://www.sciencealert.com/ancient-teeth-rewrite-human-history-9-7-million-year-old-mystery

The claim is that the tooth -- teeth, it seems -- compare to
    Ardipithecus or Australopithecus, only they're *Way* older
    than anything found in Africa... almost 10 million years old.

Speaking of old, this is a 2017 story. Obviously it's not something
    that resonated.

But I'm raising it, because although it's too old for any of us
    other than the good Doctor, it's interesting.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/707463053539672064

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jan 26 04:01:00 2023
    Op donderdag 26 januari 2023 om 08:41:29 UTC+1 schreef JTEM is so reasonable:
    preserver...
    here's this: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/ancient-teeth-found-germany-dont-rewrite-human-history-science
    another URL: https://www.sciencealert.com/ancient-teeth-rewrite-human-history-9-7-million-year-old-mystery
    that resonated.

A new great ape with startling resemblances to African members of the hominin tribe, excavated from the Mid-Vallesian Dinotheriensande of Eppelsheim. First report (Hominoidea, Miocene, MN 9, Proto-Rhine River, Germany) 2017 Herbert Lutz cs
    In Sept.2016, 2 teeth of an up to now undescribed hominoid have been uncovered from sediments of the Proto-Rhine River (Dinotheriensande) & of 25 mammals of various systematic positions. Together with other finds from Eppelsheim & Wissberg (18 km away),
    these are the northern-most occurrences of Miocene primates in Europe. Both teeth (the crowns of an upper left canine & an upper right 1st molar) are exceptionally well-preserved, and obviously come from the same body of unknown sex. Their
    sedimentological environment & the accompanying faunal elements point to an age shortly before the Mid-Vallesian crisis, c 9.7 Ma. While the molar shares characters with various other taxa, the canine reveals intriguingly potential hominin affinities:
    its lingual outline is clearly diamond-shaped; its ratio of lingual Ht/mesiodistal length is within the range of Au.afarensis, Ardip.ramidus, kadabba & females of Pan troglodytes. The rel.size of the canine (the ratio of the buccal Hts of C & M1) is
    similar to Dryopithecus sp., Ankarapith.meteai , Ardip.ramidus. Both, reduced size & shape of the canine likely indicate: the new species from Eppelsheim had lost a honing (C/p3) complex already c 9.7 Ma. From all infm gathered up to now, the question
    arises:is the newly discovered Eppelsheim species related to members of the African hominin tribe?

Hominids-dryopiths lived all around the Med.Sea (e.g. BP footprints Trachilos c 6 Ma) + Eur.rivers, but died out 6-5 Ma (cooling? mega-flood? ...?), only those in the Red Sea survived:
    -Gorilla fossil Praeanthr.afarensis->boisei followed the N-Rift,
    -when de Red Sea opened into the Gulf (5.33 Ma? Francesca Mansfield), Pan went right (E.Afr.coastal forests -> S-Rift -> Au.africanus->robustus // Gorilla) & Homo went left:
    Pliocene Homo followed the S.Asian coasts ->H.erectus Java etc.
    Simple, no? :-)
    See my book pp.299-300.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Primum Sapienti@21:1/5 to littor...@gmail.com on Fri Jan 27 22:52:46 2023
    littor...@gmail.com wrote:
    Op donderdag 26 januari 2023 om 08:41:29 UTC+1 schreef JTEM is so reasonable:
    preserver...
    here's this:
    https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/ancient-teeth-found-germany-dont-rewrite-human-history-science
    another URL:
    https://www.sciencealert.com/ancient-teeth-rewrite-human-history-9-7-million-year-old-mystery
    that resonated.

A new great ape with startling resemblances to African members of the hominin tribe, excavated from the Mid-Vallesian Dinotheriensande of Eppelsheim. First report (Hominoidea, Miocene, MN 9, Proto-Rhine River,

The link and the REAL abstract

https://carta.anthropogeny.org/libraries/bibliography/new-great-ape-startling-resemblances-african-members-hominin-tribe-excavated

A new great ape with startling resemblances to African members
    of the hominin tribe, excavated from the Mid-Vallesian
    Dinotheriensande of Eppelsheim. First report (Hominoidea,
    Miocene, MN 9, Proto-Rhine River, Germany)

Abstract
    In September 2016, two teeth of an up to now undescribed
    member of the Hominoidea have been uncovered from
    sediments of the Proto-Rhine River near Eppelsheim,
    Germany, the type locality for the Eppelsheim Formation
    (i. e. Dinotheriensande) and of 25 mammals of various
    systematic positions. Together with other finds from
    Eppelsheim and the Wissberg location, which is only 18 km
    away, these are the northernmost occurrences of Miocene
    primates in Europe. Both teeth, the crowns of an upper
    left canine and an upper right first molar, are
    exceptionally well preserved and obviously come from the
    same body of unknown sex. Their sedimentological
    environment and the accompanying faunal elements point to
    an age shortly before the Mid-Vallesian crisis at ca.
    9.7 Ma. While the molar shares characters with various
    other taxa, the canine reveals intriguingly potential
    hominin affinities: its lingual outline is clearly
    diamond-shaped; its ratio of lingual height / mesiodistal
    length is within the range of Australopithecus afarensis,
    Ardipithecus ramidus, Ardipithecus kadabba, and females
    of Pan troglodytes. The relative size of the canine,
    i. e. the ratio of the buccal heights of C and M1, is
    similar to those of e.g. Dryopithecus sp., Ankarapithecus
    meteai but also Ardipithecus ramidus. Both, reduced size
    and shape of the canine likely indicate that the new
    species from Eppelsheim had lost a honing (C/p3) complex
    already ca. 9.7 Ma ago. From all information gathered up
    to now, the question arises, if the newly discovered
    Eppelsheim species may be related to members of the
    African hominin tribe.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From littoral.homo@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jan 28 07:37:05 2023
    https://carta.anthropogeny.org/libraries/bibliography/new-great-ape-startling-resemblances-african-members-hominin-tribe-excavated
    A new great ape with startling resemblances to African members of the hominin tribe, excavated from the Mid-Vallesian Dinotheriensande of Eppelsheim. First report (Hominoidea, Miocene, MN 9, Proto-Rhine River, Germany)
    In Sept.2016, 2 teeth of an up to now undescribed hominoid have been uncovered from sediments of the Proto-Rhine River ... type locality for the Eppelsheim Fm (i.e. Dinotheriensande) & of 25 mammals of various systematic positions. Together with other
    finds from Eppelsheim & the Wissberg location (only 18 km away), these are the northern-most occurrences of Miocene primates in Europe. Both teeth, the crowns of an upper left canine & an upper right M1, are exceptionally well preserved, and obviously
    come from the same body of unknown sex. Their sedimentological environment & the accompanying fauna point to an age shortly before the Mid-Vallesian crisis, c 9.7 Ma. While the molar shares characters with various other taxa, the canine reveals
    intriguingly potential hominin affinities: its lingual outline is clearly diamond-shaped; its ratio of lingual height / mesio-distal length is within the range of Au.afarensis, Ardip.ramidus & kadabba & females of Pan troglodytes. The rel.size of the
    canine (the ratio of the buccal Hts of C & M1) is similar to those of e.g. Dryopithecus sp., Ankarap.meteai, but also Ardip.ramidus. Reduced size & shape of the canine likely indicate: the new species from Eppelsheim had lost a honing (C/p3) complex
    already c 9.7 Ma. From all infm gathered up to now, the question arises, if the newly discovered Eppelsheim species may be related to members of the African hominin tribe.

:-) Thanks! This perfectly confirms our view of hominoid evolution: schematically (my book pp.299-300):
    -25 Ma India approaching S-Eurasia -> archipel fm: cercopith/ape split: Catarrhini reaching these coastal forests became Hominoidea: larger size, tail loss, very broad sternum-thorax-pelvis = dorsal scapulas = lateral arm+leg movements, shorter &
    central lumbar spine = orthogrady: wading bipedally + climbing arms overhead in swamp forests, google "aquarboreal",
    -20 Ma India underneath Eurasia split lesser apes (E -> SE.Asia) & great apes (W) -> Tethys Sea-coastal forests + rivers,
    -15 Ma Mesopotamian Seaway closure split hominids-dryopiths (W -> Med.Sea + rivers) & pongids-sivapiths (E -> S.Asia),
    Med.Sea hominids died out (Messinian Salinity Crisis 5.96–5.33 Ma? Zanclean flood 5.33 Ma? Plio-Pleist.cooling...?), only the Red Sea hominids suvived: today Gorilla & Homo-Pan,
    -8 Ma northern Rift fm: Orrorin, Sahelanthr., Praeanthr.afarensis->boisei, HP remained in Red Sea,
    -5.33 Ma Red Sea opened into Gulf (Francesca Mansfield): Pan went right -> E.Afr.coast -> southern Rift: Au.africanus->robustus // afarensis->boisei, google "aquarboreal",
    Pliocene Homo went left -> SE.Asia, e.g. early-Pleist.H.erectus Java: brain x2, pachy-osteo-sclerosis, stone tools, shell engravings, island colonizations = shallow-diving for shellfish.

IOW, only incredible imbeciles believe their ancestors ran after kudus, fat & furless, sweating water+sodium under the hot Afr.sun. :-DDD
    Incredible fools!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JTEM is so reasonable@21:1/5 to Primum Sapienti on Sat Jan 28 19:07:38 2023
    Primum Sapienti wrote:

The link and the REAL abstract

Why don't you get it over with & denounce Aquatic Ape as "Jewish Science."

Maybe hold a book burning.

Their sedimentological
    environment and the accompanying faunal elements point to
    an age shortly before the Mid-Vallesian crisis at ca.
    9.7 Ma. While the molar shares characters with various
    other taxa, the canine reveals intriguingly potential
    hominin affinities: its lingual outline is clearly
    diamond-shaped; its ratio of lingual height / mesiodistal
    length is within the range of Australopithecus afarensis,
    Ardipithecus ramidus, Ardipithecus kadabba, and females
    of Pan troglodytes. The relative size of the canine,
    i. e. the ratio of the buccal heights of C and M1, is
    similar to those of e.g. Dryopithecus sp., Ankarapithecus
    meteai but also Ardipithecus ramidus. Both, reduced size
    and shape of the canine likely indicate that the new
    species from Eppelsheim had lost a honing (C/p3) complex
    already ca. 9.7 Ma ago. From all information gathered up
    to now, the question arises, if the newly discovered
    Eppelsheim species may be related to members of the
    African hominin tribe.

No contradictions.

-- --

https://jtem.tumblr.com/post/707620975420850176

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05