• Re: Bronica 645 Rangefinder vs Fuji GA645?

From vol@21:1/5 to Sam Anderson on Wed Feb 15 11:31:09 2023
    On Sunday, March 17, 2002 at 9:42:04 PM UTC-5, Sam Anderson wrote:
    What sparked my interest in the Bronica was I found one with the 65mm lens and the dedicated flash for less than $1300 US. Very tempting. But I am starting to think the Bronica will be more bulky to carry and have poor resale down the road. Also, with the main choices being the 45mm and 65mm lenses I did not see enough range. I know there was the 135mm but they recalled it since it was so poor a combination. They are just announcing a 100mm that may fill the need. However, even with the 100mm the total range
    of the system is 45-100. I am leaning heavily to staying with the Fuji. Thanks again!
    Sam
    "John Halliwell" <jo...@photopia.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:7VwONjAV...@photopia.demon.co.uk...
    In article <jXal8.18522$Vl.10...@typhoon.austin.rr.com>, Amr Ibrahim <aibr...@houston.rr.com> writes
    With Bronica stopping its lens range to the 100mm, I would like to suggest keeping to the Fuji GA645Zi model.

The 135mm appears to be still available from some dealers who claim to
    be able to 'match' an individual lens to an individual camera. I haven't looked into detail regarding this, and I'm not exactly sure whether it's
    a definite fix for the problem or just a way to shift some 135mm lenses
    in a more controlled way.

The RF645 has fallen dramatically in price in the UK over recent months, now the body and 65mm lens cost around the same as the GA645Zi.

Its zoom range is 55 to
    90, well built and with legendry performance.

My biggest problem with the zoom is it's slow apertures, especially at 90mm.

--
    John

Preston, Lancs, UK.
    Photos at http://www.photopia.demon.co.uk

Hi this is such an ancient thread of discussion. How are you guys doing nowadays? Any places that you share your recent photos?
    Thanks!
    Jeff

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)