• Re: Fred Seaman's First Meeting With John

From pamina58@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 29 12:41:43 2024
    I am reading Seaman's Last Days of John Lennon. It looks like Yoko was surrounded by NYPD people after John's death. Seaman makes a good case for Yoko perhaps having foreknowledge that something was going to happen to John and making sure she controlled
    the information coming out...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Norbert@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 1 11:24:19 2024
    I don't know if Seaman implied that. He does say that Yoko's bodyguard, Douglas MacDougal, urged Yoko to expand their security and that Yoko brushed these suggestions off.

John Green also advised Yoko that Lennon should have security. Green says that Yoko responded with, "Men don't need security. Women do."

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pamina58@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 1 13:16:22 2024
    Seaman also said that when John was in Bermuda, Yoko decided she was going to divorce him. But then something happened, and she changed her mind.

I wonder if that is when she caught wind of the plot to assassinate John.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 1 19:52:29 2024
    Yeah, Sam Green backed out of the marriage plans, insisting that Yoko's way of going about this was too cruel to John.

Green also by now was well aware of how dangerous Ono was; she had sent him sailing into Bermuda in the expectation that he would vanish into the supposed "Bermuda Triangle."

Sam was a reluctant sexual partner of Ono in the first place, telling her, "I love you, Yoko -- but not *that* way!"

Nonetheless, evidence of Yoko's plans linger. E.g., near the end of his life, John modified his will, appointing Sam Green as Sean Lennon's guardian in the event that something happened to him (John).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 1 20:30:55 2024
    I meant to imply that Sam Green was aware that Ono had sent *John* in to Bermuda in the hopes that he'd be swallowed up in he supposed Bermuda Triangle.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From pamina58@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 3 20:38:25 2024
    Do you mean this?
    https://groups.google.com/g/rec.music.beatles/c/QEMxCpVS-4A

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert@21:1/5 to All on Sun Mar 3 22:50:10 2024
    That article is a good find! Yeah, I was thinking of Frederic Seaman's reports and those of a couple of others who knew Sam Green.

Green had quite a life -- some of it appears in the movie & true-crime book Savage Grace -- and he could have written a hell of a memoir. At least he spoke to Goldman and allowed a few other writers to quote him.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05