• "Guru is the pop star of India" -- Yoko Ono

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Wed Mar 22 07:29:32 2023
    "Anyway, went I went to (self-help seminar) EST, I saw Werner Erhardt, the same thing. He's a nice showman, and he's got a nice gig there. I felt the same thing when we went to Sai Baba in India. In India, you have to be a guru instead of a pop star.
    Guru is the pop star of India, and pop is the guru here."

-- from the Playboy interview

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Pamela Brown@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Thu Mar 23 08:23:34 2023
    On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 9:29:34 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:
    "Anyway, went I went to (self-help seminar) EST, I saw Werner Erhardt, the same thing. He's a nice showman, and he's got a nice gig there. I felt the same thing when we went to Sai Baba in India. In India, you have to be a guru instead of a pop star.

I did not know about Sai Baba. Odd coincidence...my dear stepson's mom got involved with him, traveling to India and all that...
    Here's my post about Kevin... https://dylagence.wordpress.com/2020/02/16/example-post/
    Pamela

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Pamela Brown on Thu Mar 23 09:13:49 2023
    On Thursday, March 23, 2023 at 8:23:37 AM UTC-7, Pamela Brown wrote:
    On Wednesday, March 22, 2023 at 9:29:34 AM UTC-5, Norbert K wrote:

I did not know about Sai Baba. Odd coincidence...my dear stepson's mom got involved with him, traveling to India and all that...
    Here's my post about Kevin... https://dylagence.wordpress.com/2020/02/16/example-post/
    Pamela

I'm very sorry to learn about your stepson, Pamela. A friend's sister ended her life in the same way -- also not entirely unexpected.

I hope Kevin's mother was cautious. Sai Baba was a con man and predator, albeit of young men rather than women.

Yeah, even Goldman didn't discuss John and Yoko's visit to Sai Baba. I'm assuming this occurred after Lennon's return to the Dakota in 1975.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05