• McCartney Takes a Swipe At Michael Jackson

From Norbert K@21:1/5 to All on Fri Feb 4 05:09:12 2022
    "Michael's the kind of guy who picks brains. When we worked together, I don't even think he'd had the cosmetic surgery. [He actually did have surgery by that time.] I've got photos of me and him at our house, and he looks quite different. He's
    had a lot of facial surgery since then. He actually told me he was going to a religious retreat, and I believed him. But he came out of that religious retreat with a new nose. The power of prayer, I guess."

-- McCartney, quoted in J. Randy Taraborrelli's Jackson bio

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Blueshirt@21:1/5 to Norbert K on Fri Feb 4 18:44:23 2022
    On 04/02/2022 13:09, Norbert K wrote:
    "Michael's the kind of guy who picks brains. When we worked together, I don't even think he'd had the cosmetic surgery. [He actually did have surgery by that time.] I've got photos of me and him at our house, and he looks quite different. He'
    s had a lot of facial surgery since then. He actually told me he was going to a religious retreat, and I believed him. But he came out of that religious retreat with a new nose. The power of prayer, I guess."

Paul should just have kept his mouth shut about music publishing! There wouldn't have been a problem then.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Norbert K@21:1/5 to Blueshirt on Fri Feb 11 05:39:53 2022
    On Friday, February 4, 2022 at 1:44:25 PM UTC-5, Blueshirt wrote:
    On 04/02/2022 13:09, Norbert K wrote:
    "Michael's the kind of guy who picks brains. When we worked together, I don't even think he'd had the cosmetic surgery. [He actually did have surgery by that time.] I've got photos of me and him at our house, and he looks quite different. He's had a
    lot of facial surgery since then. He actually told me he was going to a religious retreat, and I believed him. But he came out of that religious retreat with a new nose. The power of prayer, I guess."

Paul should just have kept his mouth shut about music publishing! There wouldn't have been a problem then.

I agree. McCartney apparently bought into Jackson's Peter Pan persona and assumed their relationship was one of teacher and pupil. Jackson even told McCartney outright that he (Jacko) would purchase McCartney's publishing rights; McCartney -- with
    astonishing naivete -- interpreted that as a joke.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05