• Re: Christian Women Guitarists

From Chelsea Savage@21:1/5 to Jennifer L. Morgan on Fri May 13 14:16:08 2022
    I know this conversation is 27 years old, but I thought I would contribute! :) I am a Christian female who plays guitar and I release music under the name "Chelsea Amber." I started a Facebook group and recently a podcast, both called "Christian Guitar
    Girls" (ChristianGuitarGirls.com) to provide community and encouragement for women of all skill levels who want to grow in their guitar abilities. I found it really fascinating to see that 27 years ago this was already a conversation!

On Sunday, April 16, 1995 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Jennifer L. Morgan wrote:
    Amazing. I've never thought of a guitar as a gender-specific instrument. What about pianists? Christian churches are full of women pianists and organists. Why are there so few women keyboardists in the CCM community. Sorry guys, despite your posts, I suspect we are looking at some
    cultural, rather than talent, barriers here.
    Jennifer Morgan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Ant@21:1/5 to Chelsea Savage on Fri May 13 23:09:35 2022
    Woah, time flies. Just curious. How many bassists are in that group?

Chelsea Savage <chelsea.a.n.savage@gmail.com> wrote:
    I know this conversation is 27 years old, but I thought I would contribute! :) I am a Christian female who plays guitar and I release music under the name "Chelsea Amber." I started a Facebook group and recently a podcast, both called "Christian Guitar
    Girls" (ChristianGuitarGirls.com) to provide community and encouragement for women of all skill levels who want to grow in their guitar abilities. I found it really fascinating to see that 27 years ago this was already a conversation!

On Sunday, April 16, 1995 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-7, Jennifer L. Morgan wrote:
    Amazing. I've never thought of a guitar as a gender-specific instrument. What about pianists? Christian churches are full of women pianists and organists. Why are there so few women keyboardists in the CCM community. Sorry guys, despite your posts, I suspect we are looking at some
    cultural, rather than talent, barriers here.
    Jennifer Morgan
    --
    Friday the 13th! :O Will it be quiet too? So far, it is even though getting hot. Still aching like the left foot with its ankle.
    Note: A fixed width font (Courier, Monospace, etc.) is required to see this signature correctly.
    /\___/\ Ant(Dude) @ http://aqfl.net & http://antfarm.home.dhs.org.
    / /\ /\ \ Please nuke ANT if replying by e-mail.
    | |o o| |
    \ _ /
    ( )

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)