• Classes for the fixed strategy hill

From Sascha Zapf@21:1/5 to All on Wed Mar 2 01:19:41 2022
    Hi,

i just want to buold a new version of the fixed strategy hill for optimizing.
    I just wondering if this set of classes is still complete or is there another upcoming thing that should be added.

cds Clear-directing Scanner #ddddaa
    clr Coreclears, Oneshot's and Twoshot #cccccc
    pap Paper #88ddff
    pwi Paper with 3/7-point imps #ffccff
    pws Paper with seperate stone #ccccff
    sai Stones with a-imps #ffaaaa
    sbi Stones with b-imps #ffaacc
    scn Scanner #ffffcc
    stn Bomber and Vampires without imps #ffcccc
    evo p-Warrior #ccffcc

What are the rumors about scanner papers? is that the new shit or just fine when sorted under "pap"

Sascha

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From John Metcalf@21:1/5 to Sascha Zapf on Sat Mar 5 17:49:27 2022
    On Wed, 02 Mar 2022 01:19:41 -0800, Sascha Zapf wrote:
    I just wondering if this set of classes is still complete or is there
    another upcoming thing that should be added.

Which hills are you creating FSH for? There's hydra which may be worth including. Binary hydra are most effective on 88, but continuous hydra
    work well on most hills. There's a list here:

* https://corewar.co.uk/hydrae.htm

What are the rumors about scanner papers?

I'd file them with normal paper for now, as there are only a few examples (mostly for the 88 hill), Sneaky, Infiltrator, Gothik and Dubstep.

John

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Sascha Zapf@21:1/5 to John Metcalf on Mon Mar 7 01:54:13 2022
    John Metcalf schrieb am Samstag, 5. März 2022 um 18:49:29 UTC+1:
    On Wed, 02 Mar 2022 01:19:41 -0800, Sascha Zapf wrote:
    I just wondering if this set of classes is still complete or is there another upcoming thing that should be added.
    Which hills are you creating FSH for? There's hydra which may be worth including. Binary hydra are most effective on 88, but continuous hydra
    work well on most hills. There's a list here:

* https://corewar.co.uk/hydrae.htm
    What are the rumors about scanner papers?
    I'd file them with normal paper for now, as there are only a few examples (mostly for the 88 hill), Sneaky, Infiltrator, Gothik and Dubstep.

John

For me i only will create fsh for tiny and 94nop, but the script which runs warriors against the fsh can do fsh of all specs. If someone decide to use this benchmark script he can easily create his own fsh.
    If there is a need for i can publish them on my website. But i hva enot enough experience to collect warrior for 88, lp or large hill's

For hydra i will open this as a class. Everything that boots more than one copy of assaultcode which ist not a replicator ( papaer or silk) is called a hydra.

Thx John for this hint

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From inversed@21:1/5 to All on Fri Mar 18 12:31:39 2022
    What are the rumors about scanner papers? is that the new shit or just fine when sorted under "pap"

I would not file them with regular papers, especially for benchmarking purposes - the performance profile is too different. I'd say dumping them into "misc" would be a better option.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05