• Educate me

From justan@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 19 19:30:12 2022
    I have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?
    --
    Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet?

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bill@21:1/5 to justan on Thu Jan 20 02:41:16 2022
    justan <me@here.com> wrote:

Not a Treager these days. Are better pellet grills. I like the light
    smoke taste it imparts. Is easy to BBQ. My older Treager does not really grill, except at the front or back edges. Does not get hot enough. New grills do. Way easier than a Weber or any charcoal grill. Turn it on,
    wait a few minutes and cook. Can set the temperature for low and slow, or hotter. I spatchcock whole chicken and they are so moist when cooked.
    You can use different pellets for different flavors. I use Pit Boss competition blend from Amazon. Cheaper and decent pellets.
    I really don’t miss my gas grill. I do have a Blackstone 28” flat top for searing and cooking a lot of fried stuff..

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John H@21:1/5 to justan on Thu Jan 20 10:23:48 2022
    On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

I like my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,
    etc. I use my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home and
    the q1100 in the RV.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to John H on Thu Jan 20 11:58:57 2022
    John H <jherring@cox.net> Wrote in message:r
    On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>I have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?I like my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I use my gas weber q 2200 for steaks,
    burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the RV.

This is for home. Id like something that can do everything. I've
    had problems with the temp control on more than 1 Q grill. So
    I/ve been trying other brands. I haven't owned a pellet grill yet
    so I'd like to try one. I recall you had feeder problems with one
    of yours Those things are kind of pricy so I'd like to hear the
    good,bad, and,ugly about various brands before choosing
    one.
    --

----Android NewsGroup Reader---- https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.html

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to justan on Thu Jan 20 13:01:12 2022
    On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 11:58:57 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>I have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?I like my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I use my gas weber q 2200 for steaks,

one.

I put an adjustable regulator and gauge on my old Sams gas grill and
    it gives me a lot more control over the heat.

https://gfretwell.com/ftp/grill%20regulator.jpg

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Bill@21:1/5 to justan on Thu Jan 20 17:38:09 2022
    justan <me@here.com> wrote:
    On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>I
    have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?I like
    my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I use
    my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the RV.

one.

You want a pellet grill with a PID a controller. Much better temperature control. Also get a Smoke tube. About $13 on Amazon. Great for cold smoking. I put about a 1/2 load of pellets in the tube, which gives me
    about 1.5 hours smoke. Cold night, cut 4# block of cheese in to 4 quarters
    and smoke. Then I vacuum seal, don’t know if ziplock does just as well
    and let the cheese age for 4 weeks or so. Great smoked cheese. You can
    use the smoke tube in any enclosed BBQ.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to Bill on Thu Jan 20 16:34:11 2022
    Bill <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    justan <me@here.com> wrote:> John H <jherring@cox.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>I>> have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?I like>> my Traeger for longer cooks,
    like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I use>> my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the RV.> > This is for home. Id like something that can do everything. I've> had problems with the temp control on more than 1 Q grill.
    I/ve been trying other brands. I haven't owned a pellet grill yet> so I'd like to try one. I recall you had feeder problems with one> of yours Those things are kind of pricy so I'd like to hear the> good,bad, and,ugly about various brands before
    choosing> one.You want a pellet grill with a PID a controller. Much better temperaturecontrol. Also get a Smoke tube. About $13 on Amazon. Great for coldsmoking. I put about a 1/2 load of pellets in the tube, which gives meabout 1.5 hours smoke.
    Cold night, cut 4# block of cheese in to 4 quartersand smoke. Then I vacuum seal, don?t know if ziplock does just as welland let the cheese age for 4 weeks or so. Great smoked cheese. You canuse the smoke tube in any enclosed BBQ.

I saw PID mentioned. what does it stand for?
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to gfretwell@aol.com on Thu Jan 20 16:36:41 2022
    gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
    On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 11:58:57 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>John H <jherring@cox.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>I have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and
    why?I like my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I use my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the RV.>>This is for home. Id like something that can do everything. I've> had problems with the temp
    control on more than 1 Q grill. So> I/ve been trying other brands. I haven't owned a pellet grill yet> so I'd like to try one. I recall you had feeder problems with one> of yours Those things are kind of pricy so I'd like to hear the> good,bad, and,ugly
    about various brands before choosing> one.I put an adjustable regulator and gauge on my old Sams gas grill andit gives me a lot more control over the heat. https://gfretwell.com/ftp/grill%20regulator.jpg

Thermostat controlled?
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John H@21:1/5 to justan on Thu Jan 20 18:04:57 2022
    On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 16:34:11 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

Bill <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    justan <me@here.com> wrote:> John H <jherring@cox.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>I>> have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?I like>> my Traeger for longer
    cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I use>> my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the RV.> > This is for home. Id like something that can do everything. I've> had problems with the temp control on more than 1 Q
    grill. So> I/ve been trying other brands. I haven't owned a pellet grill yet> so I'd like to try one. I recall you had feeder problems with one> of yours Those things are kind of pricy so I'd like to hear the> good,bad, and,ugly about various brands
    before choosing> one.You want a pellet grill with a PID a controller. Much better temperaturecontrol. Also get a Smoke tube. About $13 on Amazon. Great for coldsmoking. I put about a 1/2 load of pellets in the tube, which gives
    meabout 1.5 hours smoke. Cold night, cut 4# block of cheese in to 4 quartersand smoke. Then I vacuum seal, don?t know if ziplock does just as welland let the cheese age for 4 weeks or so. Great smoked cheese. You canuse the smoke tube in any
    enclosed BBQ.

I saw PID mentioned. what does it stand for?

Your answer:

https://www.pelheat.com/pellet-grills-smokers-pid-controllers.html

Don't know if my Traeger has one or not. But I'm happy with the
    controller it has.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John H@21:1/5 to justan on Thu Jan 20 18:01:39 2022
    On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 11:58:57 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

one.

Never had a feeder problem, but had what I thought was a fan problem.
    It turned out that the noise I was hearing was from a wire that the
    fan was hitting. I moved it and haven't had a problem since. Wait, I
    did have a hot rod (the thing that ignites the pellets) go bad. Got
    another from Amazon and fixed it. No sweat.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From gfretwell@aol.com@21:1/5 to justan on Thu Jan 20 19:31:02 2022
    On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 16:36:41 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

gfretwell@aol.com Wrote in message:r
    On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 11:58:57 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>John H <jherring@cox.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>I have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and
    why?I like my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I use my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the RV.>>This is for home. Id like something that can do everything. I've> had problems with the temp
    control on more than 1 Q grill. So> I/ve been trying other brands. I haven't owned a pellet grill yet> so I'd like to try one. I recall you had feeder problems with one> of yours Those things are kind of pricy so I'd like to hear the> good,bad, and,ugly
    about various brands before choosing> one.I put an adjustable regulator and gauge on my old Sams gas grill andit gives me a lot more control over the heat. https://gfretwell.com/ftp/grill%20regulator.jpg

Thermostat controlled?

No.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to John H on Thu Jan 20 20:01:47 2022
    On Thu, 20 Jan 2022 16:34:11 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>Bill <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r>> justan <me@here.com> wrote:> John H <jherring@cox.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST),
    justan <me@here.com> wrote:>I>> have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?I like>> my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I use>> my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the
    This is for home. Id like something that can do everything. I've> had problems with the temp control on more than 1 Q grill. So> I/ve been trying other brands. I haven't owned a pellet grill yet> so I'd like to try one. I recall you had feeder
    problems with one> of yours Those things are kind of pricy so I'd like to hear the> good,bad, and,ugly about various brands before choosing> one.You want a pellet grill with a PID a controller. Much better temperaturecontrol. Also get a Smoke tube.
    About $13 on Amazon. Great for coldsmoking. I put about a 1/2 load of pellets in the tube, which gives>meabout 1.5 hours smoke. Cold night, cut 4# block of cheese in to 4 quartersand smoke. Then I vacuum seal, don?t know if ziplock does just as
    welland let the cheese age for 4 weeks or so. Great smoked cheese. You canuse the smoke tube in any enclosed BBQ.>>I saw PID mentioned. what does it stand for?Your answer:https://www.pelheat.com/pellet-grills-smokers-pid-controllers.htmlDon't know if
    my Traeger has one or not. But I'm happy with thecontroller it has.

Thanks for the great resource.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mr. Luddite@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 21 08:34:17 2022
    T24gMS8yMC8yMDIyIDQ6MzQgUE0sIGp1c3RhbiB3cm90ZToNCj4gQmlsbCA8Y2FsaWZiaWxsOTk5 OHJlbW92ZThAZ21haWwuY29tPiBXcm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlOnINCj4+IGp1c3RhbiA8bWVAaGVy ZS5jb20+IHdyb3RlOj4gSm9obiBIIDxqaGVycmluZ0Bjb3gubmV0PiBXcm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdl OnI+PiBPbiBXZWQsIDE5IEphbiAyMDIyIDE5OjMwOjEyIC0wNTAwIChFU1QpLCBqdXN0YW4gPG1l QGhlcmUuY29tPiB3cm90ZTo+ST4+IGhhdmUgYSBnYXMgZ3JpbGwgb24gaXRzIGxzdCBsZWdzLiBT aG91bGQgSSBidXkgYSBUcmFlZ2VyLCBhbmQgd2h5P0kgbGlrZT4+IG15IFRyYWVnZXIgZm9yIGxv bmdlciBjb29rcywgbGlrZSBoYW0sIHBvcmsgc2hvdWxkZXIsIGJyaXNrZXQsZXRjLiBJIHVzZT4+ IG15IGdhcyB3ZWJlciBxIDIyMDAgZm9yIHN0ZWFrcywgYnVyZ2VycywgZXRjIGF0IGhvbWUgYW5k dGhlIHExMTAwIGluIHRoZSBSVi4+ID4gVGhpcyBpcyBmb3IgaG9tZS4gSWQgbGlrZSBzb21ldGhp bmcgdGhhdCBjYW4gZG8gZXZlcnl0aGluZy4gSSd2ZT4gIGhhZCBwcm9ibGVtcyB3aXRoIHRoZSB0 ZW1wIGNvbnRyb2wgb24gbW9yZSB0aGFuIDEgUSBncmlsbC4gU28+ICBJL3ZlIGJlZW4gdHJ5aW5n IG90aGVyIGJyYW5kcy4gSSBoYXZlbid0IG93bmVkIGEgcGVsbGV0IGdyaWxsIHlldD4gIHNvIEkn ZCBsaWtlIHRvIHRyeSBvbmUuIEkgcmVjYWxsIHlvdSBoYWQgZmVlZGVyIHByb2JsZW1zIHdpdGgg b25lPiAgb2YgeW91cnMgVGhvc2UgdGhpbmdzIGFyZSBraW5kIG9mIHByaWN5IHNvIEknZCBsaWtl IHRvIGhlYXIgdGhlPiAgZ29vZCxiYWQsIGFuZCx1Z2x5IGFib3V0IHZhcmlvdXMgYnJhbmRzIGJl Zm9yZSBjaG9vc2luZz4gIG9uZS5Zb3Ugd2FudCBhIHBlbGxldCBncmlsbCB3aXRoIGEgUElEIGEg Y29udHJvbGxlci4gIE11Y2ggYmV0dGVyIHRlbXBlcmF0dXJlY29udHJvbC4gICBBbHNvIGdldCBh IFNtb2tlIHR1YmUuICBBYm91dCAkMTMgb24gQW1hem9uLiAgIEdyZWF0IGZvciBjb2xkc21va2lu Zy4gICBJIHB1dCBhYm91dCBhIDEvMiBsb2FkIG9mIHBlbGxldHMgaW4gdGhlIHR1YmUsIHdoaWNo IGdpdmVzIG1lYWJvdXQgMS41IGhvdXJzIHNtb2tlLiAgQ29sZCBuaWdodCwgY3V0IDQjIGJsb2Nr IG9mIGNoZWVzZSBpbiANCnRvIDQgcXVhcnRlcnNhbmQgc21va2UuICAgVGhlbiBJIHZhY3V1bSBz ZWFsLCBkb24/dCBrbm93IGlmIHppcGxvY2sgZG9lcyANCmp1c3QgYXMgd2VsbGFuZCBsZXQgdGhl IGNoZWVzZSBhZ2UgZm9yIDQgd2Vla3Mgb3Igc28uICBHcmVhdCBzbW9rZWQgDQpjaGVlc2UuICAg WW91IGNhbnVzZSB0aGUgc21va2UgdHViZSBpbiBhbnkgZW5jbG9zZWQgQkJRLg0KDQoNCg0KPiBJ IHNhdyBQSUQgbWVudGlvbmVkLiB3aGF0IGRvZXMgaXQgc3RhbmQgZm9yPw0KDQpBaCwgY29tZSBv biAuLi4gYXMgYW4gb2xkIGZhcnQgZm9ybWVyIE5hdnkgRVQgeW91ICprbm93KiB3aGF0IGEgUElE IA0KY29udHJvbGxlciBpcy4NCg0KUElEIHN0YW5kcyBmb3IgIlByb3BvcnRpb25hbCBJbnRlZ3Jh bCBEZXJpdmF0aXZlIiAgYW5kIGlzIHVzZWQgaW4gDQpkZXZpY2VzIHN1Y2ggYXMgdGVtcGVyYXR1 cmUgY29udHJvbHMgdG8gYXV0b21hdGljYWxseQ0KYWRqdXN0IGdhaW4gb3IgcG93ZXIgYmFzZWQg b24gYW4gYW50aWNpcGF0ZWQgc2xvcGUgb3IgcmlzZQ0KdGhhdCBpcyBpbnRlcm5hbGx5IGNhbGN1 bGF0ZWQuDQoNClByb3Blcmx5IGFkanVzdGVkLCBpdCBwcmV2ZW50cyBvdmVyc2hvb3Qgb3IgZGV2 ZWxvcGluZyBvc2NpbGxhdGlvbnMNCmFyb3VuZCB0aGUgZGVzaXJlZCBzZXRwb2ludC4NCg0KDQoN Cg0KDQoNCi0tIA0KVGhpcyBlbWFpbCBoYXMgYmVlbiBjaGVja2VkIGZvciB2aXJ1c2VzIGJ5IEFW Ry4NCmh0dHBzOi8vd3d3LmF2Zy5jb20NCg==

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From True North@21:1/5 to justan on Fri Jan 21 07:57:41 2022
    On Friday, 21 January 2022 at 11:48:28 UTC-4, justan wrote:
    "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> Wrote in message:r
    On 1/20/2022 4:34 PM, justan wrote:> Bill <califbill9...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r>> justan <m...@here.com> wrote:> John H <jher...@cox.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>I>> have a
    gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?I like>> my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I use>> my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the RV.> > This is for home. Id like
    something that can do everything. I've> had problems with the temp control on more than 1 Q grill. So> I/ve been trying other brands. I haven't owned a pellet grill yet> so I'd like to try one. I recall you had feeder problems with one> of yours Those
    things are kind of pricy so I'd like to hear the> good,bad, and,ugly about various brands before choosing> one.You want a pellet grill with a PID a controller. Much better temperaturecontrol. Also get a Smoke tube. About $13 on Amazon. Great for
    coldsmoking. I put about a 1/2 load of pellets in the tube, which gives meabout 1.5 hours smoke. Cold night, cut 4# block of cheese in to 4 quartersand smoke. Then I vacuum seal, don?t know if ziplock does just as welland let the cheese age for 4 weeks
    or so. Great smoked cheese. You canuse the smoke tube in any enclosed BBQ.> I saw PID mentioned. what does it stand for?Ah, come on ... as an old fart former Navy ET you *know* what a PID controller is.PID stands for "Proportional Integral Derivative"
    and is used in devices such as temperature controls to automaticallyadjust gain or power based on an anticipated slope or risethat is internally calculated.Properly adjusted, it prevents overshoot or developing oscillationsaround the desired setpoint.--
    This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com

I was in the old diesel navy where digital meant rectal exam and
    6J6 was an rf amplifier.
    --

Ah ha!
    So that's what y'all did in the navee. Explains a lot.
    "Rectal exam" indeed!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to Mr. Luddite on Fri Jan 21 10:48:25 2022
    "Mr. Luddite" <nothere@noland.com> Wrote in message:r
    On 1/20/2022 4:34 PM, justan wrote:> Bill <califbill9998remove8@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r>> justan <me@here.com> wrote:> John H <jherring@cox.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>I>> have a
    gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?I like>> my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I use>> my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the RV.> > This is for home. Id like
    something that can do everything. I've> had problems with the temp control on more than 1 Q grill. So> I/ve been trying other brands. I haven't owned a pellet grill yet> so I'd like to try one. I recall you had feeder problems with one> of yours
    Those things are kind of pricy so I'd like to hear the> good,bad, and,ugly about various brands before choosing> one.You want a pellet grill with a PID a controller. Much better temperaturecontrol. Also get a Smoke tube. About $13 on Amazon.
    Great for coldsmoking. I put about a 1/2 load of pellets in the tube, which gives meabout 1.5 hours smoke. Cold night, cut 4# block of cheese in to 4 quartersand smoke. Then I vacuum seal, don?t know if ziplock does just as welland let the cheese
    age for 4 weeks or so. Great smoked cheese. You canuse the smoke tube in any enclosed BBQ.> I saw PID mentioned. what does it stand for?Ah, come on ... as an old fart former Navy ET you *know* what a PID controller is.PID stands for "Proportional
    Integral Derivative" and is used in devices such as temperature controls to automaticallyadjust gain or power based on an anticipated slope or risethat is internally calculated.Properly adjusted, it prevents overshoot or developing oscillationsaround
    the desired setpoint.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com

I was in the old diesel navy where digital meant rectal exam and
    6J6 was an rf amplifier.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mr. Luddite@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 21 15:13:34 2022
    T24gMS8yMS8yMDIyIDEwOjQ4IEFNLCBqdXN0YW4gd3JvdGU6DQo+ICJNci4gTHVkZGl0ZSIg PG5vdGhlcmVAbm9sYW5kLmNvbT4gV3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZTpyDQo+PiBPbiAxLzIwLzIw MjIgNDozNCBQTSwganVzdGFuIHdyb3RlOj4gQmlsbCA8Y2FsaWZiaWxsOTk5OHJlbW92ZThA Z21haWwuY29tPiBXcm90ZSBpbiBtZXNzYWdlOnI+PiBqdXN0YW4gPG1lQGhlcmUuY29tPiB3 cm90ZTo+IEpvaG4gSCA8amhlcnJpbmdAY294Lm5ldD4gV3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZTpyPj4g T24gV2VkLCAxOSBKYW4gMjAyMiAxOTozMDoxMiAtMDUwMCAoRVNUKSwganVzdGFuIDxtZUBo ZXJlLmNvbT4gd3JvdGU6Pkk+PiBoYXZlIGEgZ2FzIGdyaWxsIG9uIGl0cyBsc3QgbGVncy4g U2hvdWxkIEkgYnV5IGEgVHJhZWdlciwgYW5kIHdoeT9JIGxpa2U+PiBteSBUcmFlZ2VyIGZv ciBsb25nZXIgY29va3MsIGxpa2UgaGFtLCBwb3JrIHNob3VsZGVyLCBicmlza2V0LGV0Yy4g SSB1c2U+PiBteSBnYXMgd2ViZXIgcSAyMjAwIGZvciBzdGVha3MsIGJ1cmdlcnMsIGV0YyBh dCBob21lIGFuZHRoZSBxMTEwMCBpbiB0aGUgUlYuPiA+IFRoaXMgaXMgZm9yIGhvbWUuIElk IGxpa2Ugc29tZXRoaW5nIHRoYXQgY2FuIGRvIGV2ZXJ5dGhpbmcuIEkndmU+ICBoYWQgcHJv YmxlbXMgd2l0aCB0aGUgdGVtcCBjb250cm9sIG9uIG1vcmUgdGhhbiAxIFEgZ3JpbGwuIFNv PiAgSS92ZSBiZWVuIHRyeWluZyBvdGhlciBicmFuZHMuIEkgaGF2ZW4ndCBvd25lZCBhIHBl bGxldCBncmlsbCB5ZXQ+ICBzbyBJJ2QgbGlrZSB0byB0cnkgb25lLiBJIHJlY2FsbCB5b3Ug aGFkIGZlZWRlciBwcm9ibGVtcyB3aXRoIG9uZT4gIG9mIHlvdXJzIFRob3NlIHRoaW5ncyBh cmUga2luZCBvZiBwcmljeSBzbyBJJ2QgbGlrZSB0byBoZWFyIHRoZT4gIGdvb2QsYmFkLCBh bmQsdWdseSBhYm91dCB2YXJpb3VzIGJyYW5kcyBiZWZvcmUgY2hvb3Npbmc+ICBvbmUuWW91 IHdhbnQgYSBwZWxsZXQgZ3JpbGwgd2l0aCBhIFBJRCBhIGNvbnRyb2xsZXIuICBNdWNoIGJl dHRlciB0ZW1wZXJhdHVyZWNvbnRyb2wuICAgQWxzbyBnZXQgYSBTbW9rZSB0dWJlLiAgQWJv dXQgJDEzIG9uIEFtYXpvbi4gICBHcmVhdCBmb3IgY29sZHNtb2tpbmcuICAgSSBwdXQgYWJv dXQgYSAxLzIgbG9hZCBvZiBwZWxsZXRzIGluIHRoZSB0dWJlLCB3aGljaCBnaXZlcyBtZWFi b3V0IDEuNSBob3VycyBzbW9rZS4gIENvbGQgbmlnaHQsIGN1dCA0IyBibG9jayBvZiBjaGVl c2UgaW4gdG8gNCBxdWFydGVyc2FuZCBzbW9rZS4gICBUaGVuIEkgdmFjdXVtIHNlYWwsIGRv bj90IGtub3cgaWYgemlwbG9jayBkb2VzIGp1c3QgYXMgd2VsbGFuZCBsZXQgdGhlIGNoZWVz ZSBhZ2UgZm9yIDQgd2Vla3Mgb3Igc28uICBHcmVhdCBzbW9rZWQgY2hlZXNlLiAgIFlvdSBj YW51c2UgdGhlIHNtb2tlIHR1YmUgaW4gYW55IGVuY2xvc2VkIEJCUS4+IEkgc2F3IFBJRCBt ZW50aW9uZWQuIHdoYXQgZG9lcyBpdCBzdGFuZCBmb3I/QWgsIGNvbWUgb24gLi4uIGFzIGFu IG9sZCBmYXJ0IGZvcm1lciBOYXZ5IEVUIHlvdSAqa25vdyogd2hhdCBhIFBJRCBjb250cm9s bGVyIGlzLlBJRCBzdGFuZHMgZm9yICJQcm9wb3J0aW9uYWwgSW50ZWdyYWwgRGVyaXZhdGl2 ZSIgIGFuZCBpcyB1c2VkIGluIGRldmljZXMgc3VjaCBhcyB0ZW1wZXJhdHVyZSBjb250cm9s cyB0byBhdXRvbWF0aWNhbGx5YWRqdXN0IGdhaW4gb3IgcG93ZXIgYmFzZWQgb24gYW4gYW50 aWNpcGF0ZWQgc2xvcGUgb3IgcmlzZXRoYXQgaXMgaW50ZXJuYWxseSBjYWxjdWxhdGVkLlBy b3Blcmx5IGFkanVzdGVkLCBpdCBwcmV2ZW50cyBvdmVyc2hvb3Qgb3IgZGV2ZWxvcGluZyBv c2NpbGxhdGlvbnNhcm91bmQgdGhlIGRlc2lyZWQgc2V0cG9pbnQuLS0gVGhpcyBlbWFpbCBo YXMgYmVlbiBjaGVja2VkIGZvciB2aXJ1c2VzIGJ5IEFWRy5odHRwczovL3d3dy5hdmcuY29t DQo+IA0KDQoNCj4gSSB3YXMgaW4gdGhlIG9sZCBkaWVzZWwgbmF2eSB3aGVyZSBkaWdpdGFs IG1lYW50IHJlY3RhbCBleGFtIGFuZA0KPiAgIDZKNiB3YXMgYW4gcmYgYW1wbGlmaWVyLg0K DQpMT0whDQo=

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to True North on Fri Jan 21 14:41:26 2022
    True North <princecraft49@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    On Friday, 21 January 2022 at 11:48:28 UTC-4, justan wrote:> "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> Wrote in message:r > > On 1/20/2022 4:34 PM, justan wrote:> Bill <califbill9...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r>> justan <m...@here.com> wrote:> John H <jher...
    @cox.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>I>> have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?I like>> my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I use>
    my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the RV.> > This is for home. Id like something that can do everything. I've> had problems with the temp control on more than 1 Q grill. So> I/ve been trying other brands. I haven't
    owned a pellet grill yet> so I'd like to try one. I recall you had feeder problems with one> of yours Those things are kind of pricy so I'd like to hear the> good,bad, and,ugly about various brands before choosing> one.You want a pellet grill with a PID
    a controller. Much better temperaturecontrol. Also get a Smoke tube. About $13 on Amazon. Great for coldsmoking. I put about a 1/2 load of pellets in the tube, which gives meabout 1.5 hours smoke. Cold night, cut 4# block of cheese in to 4 quartersand
    smoke. Then I vacuum seal, don?t know if ziplock does just as welland let the cheese age for 4 weeks or so. Great smoked cheese. You canuse the smoke tube in any enclosed BBQ.> I saw PID mentioned. what does it stand for?Ah, come on ... as an old fart
    former Navy ET you *know* what a PID controller is.PID stands for "Proportional Integral Derivative" and is used in devices such as temperature controls to automaticallyadjust gain or power based on an anticipated slope or risethat is internally
    calculated.Properly adjusted, it prevents overshoot or developing oscillationsaround the desired setpoint.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com > > I was in the old diesel navy where digital meant rectal exam and > 6J6 was
    an rf amplifier.> -- > Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet? > > > ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlAh ha!So that's what y'all did in the navee. Explains a lot."Rectal exam" indeed!

Yaknow, I wasn't even trying to bait you with that one.
    Nevertheless you rose to the occasion. Snerk!
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From John H@21:1/5 to justan on Sat Jan 22 18:39:11 2022
    On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 14:41:26 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

On Friday, 21 January 2022 at 11:48:28 UTC-4, justan wrote:> "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> Wrote in message:r > > On 1/20/2022 4:34 PM, justan wrote:> Bill <califbill9...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r>> justan <m...@here.com> wrote:> John H <jher..
    .@cox.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>I>> have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?I like>> my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I
    my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the RV.> > This is for home. Id like something that can do everything. I've> had problems with the temp control on more than 1 Q grill. So> I/ve been trying other brands. I haven'
    t owned a pellet grill yet> so I'd like to try one. I recall you had feeder problems with one> of yours Those things are kind of pricy so I'd like to hear the> good,bad, and,ugly about various brands before choosing> one.You want a
    pellet
    grill with a PID a controller. Much better temperaturecontrol. Also get a Smoke tube. About $13 on Amazon. Great for coldsmoking. I put about a 1/2 load of pellets in the tube, which gives meabout 1.5 hours smoke. Cold night, cut 4# block of cheese in
    to 4 quartersand smoke. Then I vacuum seal, don?t know if ziplock does just as welland let the cheese age for 4 weeks or so. Great smoked cheese. You canuse the smoke tube in any enclosed BBQ.> I saw PID mentioned. what does it stand for?Ah, come on ...
    as an old fart former Navy ET you *know* what a PID controller is.PID stands for "Proportional Integral Derivative" and is used in devices such as temperature controls to automaticallyadjust gain or power based on an anticipated slope or risethat is
    internally calculated.Properly adjusted, it prevents overshoot or developing oscillationsaround the desired setpoint.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com > > I was in the old diesel navy where digital meant
    rectal exam and > 6J6 was an rf amplifier.> -- > Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet? > > > ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlAh ha!So that's what y'all did in the navee. Explains a lot."
    Rectal exam" indeed!

He's too easy.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alex@21:1/5 to John H on Sun Jan 23 00:45:37 2022
    John H wrote:
    On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 14:41:26 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

On Friday, 21 January 2022 at 11:48:28 UTC-4, justan wrote:> "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> Wrote in message:r > > On 1/20/2022 4:34 PM, justan wrote:> Bill <califbill9...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r>> justan <m...@here.com> wrote:> John H <jher.
    ..@cox.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>I>> have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?I like>> my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I
    my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the RV.> > This is for home. Id like something that can do everything. I've> had problems with the temp control on more than 1 Q grill. So> I/ve been trying other brands. I haven'
    t owned a pellet grill yet> so I'd like to try one. I recall you had feeder problems with one> of yours Those things are kind of pricy so I'd like to hear the> good,bad, and,ugly about various brands before choosing> one.You want a
    pellet
    grill with a PID a controller. Much better temperaturecontrol. Also get a Smoke tube. About $13 on Amazon. Great for coldsmoking. I put about a 1/2 load of pellets in the tube, which gives meabout 1.5 hours smoke. Cold night, cut 4# block of cheese in
    to 4 quartersand smoke. Then I vacuum seal, don?t know if ziplock does just as welland let the cheese age for 4 weeks or so. Great smoked cheese. You canuse the smoke tube in any enclosed BBQ.> I saw PID mentioned. what does it stand for?Ah, come on ...
    as an old fart former Navy ET you *know* what a PID controller is.PID stands for "Proportional Integral Derivative" and is used in devices such as temperature controls to automaticallyadjust gain or power based on an anticipated slope or risethat is
    internally calculated.Properly adjusted, it prevents overshoot or developing oscillationsaround the desired setpoint.-- This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com > > I was in the old diesel navy where digital meant
    rectal exam and > 6J6 was an rf amplifier.> -- > Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet? > > > ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > https://piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlAh ha!So that's what y'all did in the navee. Explains a lot."
    Rectal exam" indeed!

He's too easy.

No, he's dumb.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From justan@21:1/5 to Alex on Sun Jan 23 06:53:12 2022
    Alex <Xela777@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r
    John H wrote:> On Fri, 21 Jan 2022 14:41:26 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:>>> True North <princecraft49@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r>>> On Friday, 21 January 2022 at 11:48:28 UTC-4, justan wrote:> "Mr. Luddite" <not...@noland.com> Wrote in
    message:r > > On 1/20/2022 4:34 PM, justan wrote:> Bill <califbill9...@gmail.com> Wrote in message:r>> justan <m...@here.com> wrote:> John H <jher...@cox.net> Wrote in message:r>> On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <m...@here.com> wrote:>I>>
    have a gas grill on its lst legs. Should I buy a Traeger, and why?I like>> my Traeger for longer cooks, like ham, pork shoulder, brisket,etc. I use>> my gas weber q 2200 for steaks, burgers, etc at home andthe q1100 in the RV.> > This is for home. Id
    like something that can do everything. I've> had problems with the temp control on more than 1 Q grill. So> I/ve been trying other brands. I haven't owned a pellet grill yet> so I'd like to try one. I recall you had feeder problems with one> of yours
    Those things are kind of pricy so I'd like to hear the> good,bad, and,ugly about various brands before choosing> one.You want a> pellet>> grill with a PID a controller. Much better temperaturecontrol. Also get a Smoke tube. About $13 on Amazon. Great for
    coldsmoking. I put about a 1/2 load of pellets in the tube, which gives meabout 1.5 hours smoke. Cold night, cut 4# block of cheese in to 4 quartersand smoke. Then I vacuum seal, don?t know if ziplock does just as welland let the cheese age for 4 weeks
    or so. Great smoked cheese. You canuse the smoke tube in any enclosed BBQ.> I saw PID mentioned. what does it stand for?Ah, come on ... as an old fart former Navy ET you *know* what a PID controller is.PID stands for "Proportional Integral Derivative"
    and is used in devices such as temperature controls to automaticallyadjust gain or power based on an anticipated slope or risethat is internally calculated.Properly adjusted, it prevents overshoot or developing oscillationsaround the desired setpoint.--
    This email has been checked for viruses by AVG.https://www.avg.com > > I was in the old diesel navy where digital meant>> rectal exam and > 6J6 was an rf amplifier.> -- > Thanks Donald. Do you miss him yet? > > > ----Android NewsGroup Reader---- > https:/
    /piaohong.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/usenet/index.htmlAh ha!So that's what y'all did in the navee. Explains a lot."Rectal exam" indeed!>>>> Yaknow, I wasn't even trying to bait you with that one.>> Nevertheless you rose to the occasion. Snerk!> He's
    too easy.No, he's dumb.

You're both right. So sad.
    --

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mr Robot@21:1/5 to justan on Thu Jan 27 10:56:32 2022
    On Wed, 19 Jan 2022 19:30:12 -0500 (EST), justan <me@here.com> wrote:

Educate you? That's not possible, since you're an idiot.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05