• =?UTF-8?B?UkU6IFJlOiBTdHJhbmcgRWJheSBQb3N0aW5ncw==?=

From =?UTF-8?B?VG9tIEt1bmljaA==?=@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 27 16:04:45 2024
    On Tue Feb 27 07:55:08 2024 NFN Smith wrote:
    Tom Kunich wrote:
    In several places now I have noticed postings of some fairly desireable things for decent prices but with the note that they are only available for pick-up on site.

It isn't as if shipping is all that difficult, you simply take it to the local bike shop for packing and shipping but that seems to be too difficult. Most people simply add the packing and shipping costs. So why would someone have an S-works nike (
    with crappy components on it) and say it is only available for pickup in
    New Jersey? Or in my case - a nice set of Bontrager X-lite wheels only for pickup in San Deigo?

So, if you're buying things off of Ebay now, be sure that the seller will ship.

It may not necessarily be a question of convenience of packaging and shipping.

I believe that you're the one that sold through eBay, and when you
    shipped, you had problems with the buyer cancelling the order and then
    not returning the bike.

It may be that they're trying to protect themselves by making sure that there's a clean transaction.

BTW, how did your problem eBay transaction turn out?

Smith

Actually it was a problem of him taking his own sweet time returning it. This is apparently because he receives his mail at his mother's house and works in foreign locations most of the time. And ALL of this would not have been a problem if Ebay had
    dealt with the problem correctly. So I no longer sell through Ebay.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)