• Northwest current operations

From ASM@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jan 18 20:11:11 2023
    I am curious if anyone in the Pacific Northwest is currently flying gliders. By mid February I have to accomplish a single flight in a glider in order to maintain my flight review through the FAA wings program. Just yesterday I finished my advanced Wings
    in an airplane, but now that one task calls for a flight in a glider and I cannot get around it. I can travel fairly quickly around north Oregon and throughout Washington. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Frank Whiteley@21:1/5 to ASM on Wed Jan 18 20:50:08 2023
    On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 9:11:13 PM UTC-7, ASM wrote:
    I am curious if anyone in the Pacific Northwest is currently flying gliders. By mid February I have to accomplish a single flight in a glider in order to maintain my flight review through the FAA wings program. Just yesterday I finished my advanced
    Wings in an airplane, but now that one task calls for a flight in a glider and I cannot get around it. I can travel fairly quickly around north Oregon and throughout Washington. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    There are a number of commercial glider operations open this time of year. Most in California and AZ Soaring at Estrella. Again, check the SSA Where-To-Fly map.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Frank Whiteley@21:1/5 to ASM on Wed Jan 18 20:47:56 2023
    On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 9:11:13 PM UTC-7, ASM wrote:
    I am curious if anyone in the Pacific Northwest is currently flying gliders. By mid February I have to accomplish a single flight in a glider in order to maintain my flight review through the FAA wings program. Just yesterday I finished my advanced
    Wings in an airplane, but now that one task calls for a flight in a glider and I cannot get around it. I can travel fairly quickly around north Oregon and throughout Washington. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Not sure what you're expected to do on this flight. Demonstrated competency? On the SSA Where-To-Fly map, are several locations. However, most are clubs/chapters and they don't perform public commercial services apart from possible scenic flights so
    flights may be limited only to members.

Wave Soaring Adventures in Toledo, WA, has been seasonal, Apr-Oct. Contact info on the Where-To-Fly map. https://www.ssa.org/where-to-fly-map/

Independence Glider Club in Independence, Oregon, is not an SSA club/chapter and may have some more latitude for what you need.
    https://www.independencegliderclub.org/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Linda Chism@21:1/5 to ASM on Sun Jan 22 09:31:34 2023
    On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 8:11:13 PM UTC-8, ASM wrote:

ASM,
    Evergreen Soaring in Arlington, WA has a year round club scheduled weekend operation (weather cancels always a possibility this time of year, but the intent is scheduling tow pilots and instructors on weekend days year round.) The location is at KAWO,
    about an hours drive north of Seattle. The usual 2-placers are L-23’s.
    I don’t know the rules for visiting pilots but I do we do offer several “intro” options for prospective club members that can include an hour with a CFIG , or a flight with a Commercial rated pilot. Maybe something could work out around that. Here
    is the club’s web site, it has contact info etc that hopefully you can find helpful. L

http://www.evergreensoaring.info/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From ASM@21:1/5 to Linda Chism on Sun Jan 22 17:24:07 2023
    On Sunday, January 22, 2023 at 9:31:36 AM UTC-8, Linda Chism wrote:
    On Wednesday, January 18, 2023 at 8:11:13 PM UTC-8, ASM wrote:
    ASM,
    Evergreen Soaring in Arlington, WA has a year round club scheduled weekend operation (weather cancels always a possibility this time of year, but the intent is scheduling tow pilots and instructors on weekend days year round.) The location is at KAWO,
    about an hours drive north of Seattle. The usual 2-placers are L-23’s.
    I don’t know the rules for visiting pilots but I do we do offer several “intro” options for prospective club members that can include an hour with a CFIG , or a flight with a Commercial rated pilot. Maybe something could work out around that.
    Here is the club’s web site, it has contact info etc that hopefully you can find helpful. L

http://www.evergreensoaring.info

Thanks Linda, I will contact Ron.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05