• Vegas activities NOT gambling relarted

From jb343@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 11 08:01:21 2023
    Many folks might be going to Vegas for the F1 race. There was a discussion on visitors and gambling awhile back. There are options. If you go, have fun!

I confess--I like going to Vegas for work/business. Why?

--a short flight for me. 3-4 four hours less than east coast US.
    --Lots of flights. Business finished soon, leave early. Or stay later no problem.
    --Many very good restaurants at a range of prices. Can always find something for 1-8 people.
    --Many decent hotels--but the resort fee is a negative for everyone, especially business travelers.

There are many interesting and fun things to do, this list is in no particular order:

Pinball Hall of Fame
    Atomic Testing Museum
    Hoover Dam and optional inside tour
    Red Rock Canyon
    Neon Boneyard
    Escape Rooms
    Lots of karting opportunities. I got my FIA international karting license on a trip. My brothers and I rented the track for 3 hours and got checked off on 125 cc Aprilia two stroke shifter karts. FUN and challenging.. Much different than our normal
    open wheel racing. The two-stroke shifters were a hoot.
    Valley of Fire
    Death Valley
    Pawn shops

and many more

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From geoff@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 12 14:42:41 2023
    On 12/11/2023 5:01 am, jb343 wrote:
    Many folks might be going to Vegas for the F1 race. There was a discussion on visitors and gambling awhile back. There are options. If you go, have fun!

I confess--I like going to Vegas for work/business. Why?

--a short flight for me. 3-4 four hours less than east coast US.
    --Lots of flights. Business finished soon, leave early. Or stay later no problem.
    --Many very good restaurants at a range of prices. Can always find something for 1-8 people.
    --Many decent hotels--but the resort fee is a negative for everyone, especially business travelers.

There are many interesting and fun things to do, this list is in no particular order:

Pinball Hall of Fame
    Atomic Testing Museum
    Hoover Dam and optional inside tour
    Red Rock Canyon
    Neon Boneyard
    Escape Rooms
    Lots of karting opportunities. I got my FIA international karting license on a trip. My brothers and I rented the track for 3 hours and got checked off on 125 cc Aprilia two stroke shifter karts. FUN and challenging.. Much different than our normal
    open wheel racing. The two-stroke shifters were a hoot.
    Valley of Fire
    Death Valley
    Pawn shops

and many more

Naa - you are just a closet gambler, pretending you like all those
    'other' things in Vegas ;- )

geoff

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From jb343@21:1/5 to geoff on Sun Nov 12 15:59:11 2023
    On Saturday, November 11, 2023 at 5:42:55 PM UTC-8, geoff wrote:
    [...]
    Naa - you are just a closet gambler, pretending you like all those
    'other' things in Vegas ;- )

geoff

How much do you want to bet that I am not into gambling? (Does the stock market count?)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05