• Stars Of Latest 'Planet Of The Apes' Movie Say They're "Team Ape" Becau

From Ubiquitous@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 15 21:05:10 2024
    XPost: alt.politics.greens, alt.stupidity

Two human stars of “Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” say they are on the
    side of the animals due to the current state of the planet.

The Associated Press shared a clip of stars Freya Allan and Owen Teague discussing the topic while promoting their new film. “I’m fully team ape,” Teague says in the clip.

Allan agreed with that assessment. “Listen, I’m obviously — when I’m playing Mae, I’m team human, but I’m team ape — Freya’s team ape.”

“I mean look at the planet — oh here we go …” she added, acknowledging that
    her statements would cause controversy among listeners.

“Look at what the humans have done to the Earth,” Teague added.

Allan also said she was disappointed with human behavior, especially in
    regard to their approach to environmental protection.

“Well yeah, I dislike humans a lot,” the 22-year-old actress said. “You know, you know there’s the odd one that’s like — no I mean you know, there are
    times when you see humans come together and you go, ‘oh isn’t this lovely’,
    and there are times you go — I absolutely hate us!”

"Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes" stars Freya Allan and Owen Teague
    say they're both "Team Ape" and agree that humans have hurt the planet
    with war and environmental devastation. pic.twitter.com/pP119K0Lhq

— AP Entertainment (@APEntertainment) May 13, 2024

“Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” was released on May 8. The sci-fi action film is the fourth installment in the reboot franchise, which is based upon French author Pierre Boulle’s 1963 novel “La Plančte des singes,” which, translated, means “Planet of the Apes” or “Monkey Planet.” Since its debut, there have been multiple film and TV adaptations, including five films
    between 1968 and 1973, a remake in 2001, and a reboot of the series beginning in 2011.

The story depicts a world where humans and super-intelligent apes vie for control of civilization. The latest film imagines a world where the apes rule and humans are feral creatures.

The “Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes” description on IMDb says, “As a new tyrannical ape leader builds his empire, one young ape undertakes a harrowing journey that will cause him to question all that he has known about the past and to make choices that will define a future for apes and humans alike.”

The latest “Apes” movie had a strong opening weekend, collecting $58.5
    million in sales.

--
    Let's go Brandon!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)