• BANK OF DAVE (Netflix)

From Bill Anderson@21:1/5 to All on Sun Feb 11 20:21:39 2024
    There are spoilers here I guess, but does it really matter? BANK OF DAVE
    is the kind of movie that telegraphs from the open scenes every single
    thing that is going to happen, and that’s OK with me when I want to see
    every single thing that is going to happen happen. It’s a feel-good movie with no surprises if you don’t count Def Leppard. Will the hero fall in
    love with the town he doesn’t want to visit? Will the boy and the girl get together? Will the town pull together and raise the money? Will the nasty banker be humiliated? Have you never seen a movie like this before in your life? I was charmed and if you are not a curmudgeon you just might be too. It’s on Netflix.

--
    Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From moviePig@21:1/5 to Bill Anderson on Mon Feb 12 21:57:11 2024
    On 2/11/2024 3:21 PM, Bill Anderson wrote:
    There are spoilers here I guess, but does it really matter? BANK OF DAVE
    is the kind of movie that telegraphs from the open scenes every single
    thing that is going to happen, and that’s OK with me when I want to see every single thing that is going to happen happen. It’s a feel-good movie with no surprises if you don’t count Def Leppard. Will the hero fall in love with the town he doesn’t want to visit? Will the boy and the girl get together? Will the town pull together and raise the money? Will the nasty banker be humiliated? Have you never seen a movie like this before in your life? I was charmed and if you are not a curmudgeon you just might be too. It’s on Netflix.

What kind of shit-heel would pan this movie? Not me...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)