• Sound of Freedom (US) 2023

From william ahearn@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 27 00:49:45 2023
    Hey,

This is not what I expected. From what I had read in mass media news about a link with the filmmakers to Qanon, I was surprised that there was no scene in a DC--area pizza place basement with Hillary Clinton stuffing children into burlap sacks.

Instead, we get a story about two Homeland Security agents going rogue to save a young brother and sister from the hell of child sexual exploitation. It is not the riveting film the subject deserves and I am totally at loss to explain its success as an
    independent film.

As a film it's OK, but "thriller" is going a bit far.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Bill Anderson@21:1/5 to william ahearn on Fri Oct 27 20:11:55 2023
    william ahearn <wlahearn@gmail.com> wrote:
    Hey,

This is not what I expected. From what I had read in mass media news
    about a link with the filmmakers to Qanon, I was surprised that there was
    no scene in a DC--area pizza place basement with Hillary Clinton stuffing children into burlap sacks.

Instead, we get a story about two Homeland Security agents going rogue to save a young brother and sister from the hell of child sexual
    exploitation. It is not the riveting film the subject deserves and I am totally at loss to explain its success as an independent film.

As a film it's OK, but "thriller" is going a bit far.

Thanks for the first comments on this film I’ve read in which I have confidence there’s no agenda. So like you, I am perplexed by the movie’s success. Some people believe they are doing the Lord’s work by eating at Chick-fil-A. Maybe a similar mass delusion surrounded this film and if
    that’s the case I have to tip my hat to the marketing team.

--
    Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)