• THREE THOUSAND YEARS OF LONGING

From Bill Anderson@21:1/5 to All on Wed Sep 14 14:45:57 2022
    Tilda Swinton is a brilliant classics professor who finds an ancient bottle
    and when she pops the top Idris Elba the genie appears and offers three
    wishes. But Tilda is too smart for that old cliche and what follows is a sometimes gorgeous, sometimes fascinating, sometimes talky exploration of
    the art of storytelling. I suspect this one isn’t for everybody, but I enjoyed it very much and if you’re up a magical mystery tour de force I recommend you have a look.

--
    Bill Anderson

I am the Mighty Favog

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From william ahearn@21:1/5 to Bill Anderson on Thu Sep 15 17:28:17 2022
    On Wednesday, September 14, 2022 at 10:46:06 AM UTC-4, Bill Anderson wrote:
    Tilda Swinton is a brilliant classics professor who finds an ancient bottle and when she pops the top Idris Elba the genie appears and offers three wishes. But Tilda is too smart for that old cliche and what follows is a sometimes gorgeous, sometimes fascinating, sometimes talky exploration of the art of storytelling. I suspect this one isn’t for everybody, but I enjoyed it very much and if you’re up a magical mystery tour de force I recommend you have a look.

Nice to see Tilda as more than just a face. I found the end almost a send-up of Harvey.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Arthur Lipscomb@21:1/5 to Bill Anderson on Fri Sep 16 17:24:11 2022
    On 9/14/2022 7:45 AM, Bill Anderson wrote:
    Tilda Swinton is a brilliant classics professor who finds an ancient bottle and when she pops the top Idris Elba the genie appears and offers three wishes. But Tilda is too smart for that old cliche and what follows is a sometimes gorgeous, sometimes fascinating, sometimes talky exploration of
    the art of storytelling. I suspect this one isn’t for everybody, but I enjoyed it very much and if you’re up a magical mystery tour de force I recommend you have a look.

I liked it too. I especially liked Tilda being aware of the dangers of wishing.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05