• Semi-OT: "14 Things Old People Do That Young People Don't Understand"

From Lenona@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jun 3 10:56:33 2023
    I'm sure the title was a gross exaggeration, but I liked reading the article anyway.

And, while we Gen Xers are not yet "old," I certainly embrace at least 8 of the 14 habits. Especially traditional manners, cooking from scratch, puzzles, landlines, physical newspapers and books, and low-tech hobbies.

But one thing I wish they'd mentioned, somewhere, is the joy of resisting the pressure to buy high-tech items - AND not having to PAY to upgrade them! Maybe even the laptop will become completely obsolete one day?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/14-things-old-people-do-that-young-people-don-t-understand/ss-AA1c5aBZ?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=89fd5024aa9b4d6d9cf5302ea53fe172&ei=104

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From The Real Bev@21:1/5 to Lenona on Sat Jun 3 13:33:37 2023
    On 6/3/23 10:56 AM, Lenona wrote:
    I'm sure the title was a gross exaggeration, but I liked reading the article anyway.

And, while we Gen Xers are not yet "old," I certainly embrace at least 8 of the 14 habits. Especially traditional manners, cooking from scratch, puzzles, landlines, physical newspapers and books, and low-tech hobbies.

4.5 for me.

But one thing I wish they'd mentioned, somewhere, is the joy of resisting the pressure to buy high-tech items - AND not having to PAY to upgrade them! Maybe even the laptop will become completely obsolete one day?

Variant: Understanding the concept of frugality! Corollary: Realizing
    that spending more is frequently just wasting more.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/14-things-old-people-do-that-young-people-don-t-understand/ss-AA1c5aBZ?ocid=mailsignout&pc=U591&cvid=89fd5024aa9b4d6d9cf5302ea53fe172&ei=104

--
    Cheers, Bev
    Giving advice likely to kill the stupid is called passive eugenics.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)