• Struggling with VLC video on second screen

From Adrien Torris@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 9 18:10:01 2023
    Hi,

I'm struggling with Raspbian 11 (Bullseye) and VLC.

I need to play a video on the second screen. I tried everything but nothing works...

Do you know if it's possible to do it with .NET, Python or a command line?

Also, I have unclutter active and I do not find the shortcut to open the menu/task bar anymore, is everyone who knows it?

Thank you!

Best regards,

*Adrien Torris**Mobile :* +33 6 09 60 17 91

<div dir="ltr">Hi,<div><br></div><div>I&#39;m struggling with Raspbian 11 (Bullseye) and VLC.</div><div><br></div><div>I need to play a video on the second screen. I tried everything but nothing works...</div><div><br></div><div>Do you know if it&#39;s
    possible to do it with .NET, Python or a command line?</div><div><br></div><div>Also, I have unclutter active and I do not find the shortcut to open the menu/task bar anymore, is everyone who knows it?</div><div><br></div><div>Thank you!</div><div><br></
    <div>Best regards,<br clear="all"><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><div><div dir="ltr"><p><b><font color="#0d0d0d" size="2">Adrien Torris</font><font color="#595959"><br></font></b><i style="
    color:rgb(102,102,102)"><span style="font-size:10pt">Mobile :</span></i><font color="#666666">
    +33 6 09 60 17 91</font><font></font></p><p><font><br></font></p></div></div></div></div></div></div></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Andrew M.A. Cater@21:1/5 to Adrien Torris on Thu Feb 9 19:50:01 2023
    On Thu, Feb 09, 2023 at 06:05:30PM +0100, Adrien Torris wrote:
    Hi,

Hi Adrien,

Sorry, we can't help with Raspberry PiOS - you need to chat to them in
    their support forums, I think.

I need to play a video on the second screen. I tried everything but nothing works...

Talk to the Raspberry Pi Foundation - they will know best how a Raspberry Pi is set up.

Do you know if it's possible to do it with .NET, Python or a command line?

Also, I have unclutter active and I do not find the shortcut to open the menu/task bar anymore, is everyone who knows it?

If we don't have the same set up as you do, we probably won't know.
    Have you tried uninstalling unclutter?

Unfortunately, different distributions make different choices and do
    things differently with different numbers of developers. Debian can't
    give support answers for Raspbian/Raspberry PiOS/Armbian/Ubuntu, for example, and you need to ask the maintainers for each of these in their forums or whatever. We're not resourced/may have no idea of differences: any answers
    we would be able to give would only be best efforts..

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater
    Thank you!

Best regards,

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Adrien Torris@21:1/5 to All on Thu Feb 9 20:00:01 2023
    Ok, I will continue to search.

Thank you.

Le jeu. 9 févr. 2023 à 19:47, Andrew M.A. Cater <amacater@einval.com> a écrit :

On Thu, Feb 09, 2023 at 06:05:30PM +0100, Adrien Torris wrote:
    Hi,

Hi Adrien,

Sorry, we can't help with Raspberry PiOS - you need to chat to them in
    their support forums, I think.

I need to play a video on the second screen. I tried everything but
    nothing
    works...

Talk to the Raspberry Pi Foundation - they will know best how a Raspberry
    Pi is
    set up.

Do you know if it's possible to do it with .NET, Python or a command
    line?

If we don't have the same set up as you do, we probably won't know.
    Have you tried uninstalling unclutter?

Unfortunately, different distributions make different choices and do
    things differently with different numbers of developers. Debian can't
    give support answers for Raspbian/Raspberry PiOS/Armbian/Ubuntu, for
    example,
    and you need to ask the maintainers for each of these in their forums or whatever. We're not resourced/may have no idea of differences: any answers
    we would be able to give would only be best efforts..

With every good wish, as ever,

Andy Cater
    Thank you!

Best regards,

<div dir="ltr">Ok, I will continue to search.<div><br></div><div>Thank you.</div><div><div><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_signature" data-smartmail="gmail_signature"><div dir="ltr"><div><div dir="ltr"><p><b><font color="#0d0d0d" size="2">Adrien Torris</font>
    <font color="#595959"><br></font></b><i style="color:rgb(102,102,102)"><span style="font-size:10pt">Mobile :</span></i><font color="#666666">
    +33 6 09 60 17 91</font><font></font></p><p><font><br></font></p></div></div></div></div></div><br></div></div><br><div class="gmail_quote"><div dir="ltr" class="gmail_attr">Le jeu. 9 févr. 2023 à 19:47, Andrew M.A. Cater &lt;<a href="mailto:amacater@
    einval.com">amacater@einval.com</a>&gt; a écrit :<br></div><blockquote class="gmail_quote" style="margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left:1px solid rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">On Thu, Feb 09, 2023 at 06:05:30PM +0100, Adrien Torris wrote:<br>
    &gt; Hi,<br>
    &gt; <br>
    &gt; I&#39;m struggling with Raspbian 11 (Bullseye) and VLC.<br>
    &gt; <br>

Hi Adrien,<br>

Sorry, we can&#39;t help with Raspberry PiOS - you need to chat to them in <br> their support forums, I think.<br>

&gt; I need to play a video on the second screen. I tried everything but nothing<br>
    &gt; works...<br>
    &gt; <br>

Talk to the Raspberry Pi Foundation - they will know best how a Raspberry Pi is<br>
    set up.<br>

&gt; Do you know if it&#39;s possible to do it with .NET, Python or a command line?<br>
    &gt; <br>
    &gt; Also, I have unclutter active and I do not find the shortcut to open the<br>
    &gt; menu/task bar anymore, is everyone who knows it?<br>
    &gt; <br>

If we don&#39;t have the same set up as you do, we probably won&#39;t know.<br> Have you tried uninstalling unclutter?<br>

Unfortunately, different distributions make different choices and do<br>
    things differently with different numbers of developers. Debian can&#39;t<br> give support answers for Raspbian/Raspberry PiOS/Armbian/Ubuntu, for example,<br>
    and you need to ask the maintainers for each of these in their forums or<br> whatever. We&#39;re not resourced/may have no idea of differences: any answers<br>
    we would be able to give would only be best efforts..<br>

With every good wish, as ever,<br>

Andy Cater<br>
    &gt; Thank you!<br>
    &gt; <br>
    &gt; Best regards,<br>
    &gt; <br>
    &gt; <br>
    &gt; *Adrien Torris**Mobile :* +33 6 09 60 17 91<br>

</blockquote></div>

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05