• IPhone 14 Pro impressions

From Thomas E.@21:1/5 to All on Tue Sep 20 14:31:04 2022
    It's been a good overall experience. About an hour to buy, and more than that to get all the logon credentials and other details set up.

No major hiccups. The car charger is hit or miss, so the car is going to get a MagSafe puck. Everything else seems to work just like the SE2, but with a vastly better camera. Adapting to FaceID was painless, but I do miss the home button.

It's great to see Apple adding/copying some great Android/Google features. The list so far:

https://9to5mac.com/2022/09/16/ios-16-features-now-available/#:~:text=Here%E2%80%99s%20a%20rundown%20of%20some%20other%20new%20iOS,in%20landscape%20on%20supported%20iPhone%20models.%20More%20items

New Lock Screen customization options: Android has had custom lock screens with widgets for years.

New iMessage features: Undo send and editing messages: Nice, and not copied.

Notifications in iOS 16: Finally pretty much caught up to Android

Coming Soon, Photos library sharing: Google Photos has had this for years.

Maps multi-stop routing: Google Maps has had this for MANY years.

Scheduled email send: Gmail (and Outlook) features for a long time.

Fitness app: I use the Fitbit app, works fine.

Apple native Keyboard haptic feedback: Long-time Android feature.

Home App: OMG, finally caught up to Google Home/Nest.

Those are my highlights, there are other changes that may affect you more than they do me. Actually, other than iMessage features and the screen customizations I already had the copied iOS changes in my Google/Microsoft apps!

Happily, I'll continue to use Google and Office apps wherever possible.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)