• Eudora migration from one computer to another, license info?

From Fred Lorrain@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 13 09:24:21 2022
    Hi, I have a client who is wedded to his Eudora mail, his old machine is crashing frequently, and Eudora isn't opening correctly, I have copied his installation directory and implemented Hermes for SSL, so it is working in Win 10 on his new machine, but
    it is not the registered version, is there a way to copy the registration info from the dying machine to the new one? He also has a ton of folders, I initially installed T-bird 17.09, which was the last to have "import from Eudora" but because Eudora isn'
    t installed in Program Files T-Bird can't find the .mbox files, and there is no "browse" feature in the import dialog. How should I get his folders back into his current Eudora install, and how can I make the T-Bird import function work? Any help would
    be appreciated, Thanks!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Techi Zino@21:1/5 to fred.l...@gmail.com on Wed Jul 13 10:58:16 2022
    On Wednesday, July 13, 2022 at 9:54:22 PM UTC+5:30, fred.l...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi, I have a client who is wedded to his Eudora mail, his old machine is crashing frequently, and Eudora isn't opening correctly, I have copied his installation directory and implemented Hermes for SSL, so it is working in Win 10 on his new machine,
    but it is not the registered version, is there a way to copy the registration info from the dying machine to the new one? He also has a ton of folders, I initially installed T-bird 17.09, which was the last to have "import from Eudora" but because Eudora
    isn't installed in Program Files T-Bird can't find the .mbox files, and there is no "browse" feature in the import dialog. How should I get his folders back into his current Eudora install, and how can I make the T-Bird import function work? Any help
    would be appreciated, Thanks!

25dollarsupport.com can help you migrate from Eudora to Mozilla thunderbird or any other email clients

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Dennis Lee Bieber@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 13 15:06:16 2022
    On Wed, 13 Jul 2022 09:24:21 -0700 (PDT), Fred Lorrain
    <fred.lorrain@gmail.com> declaimed the following:

Hi, I have a client who is wedded to his Eudora mail, his old machine is crashing frequently, and Eudora isn't opening correctly, I have copied his installation directory and implemented Hermes for SSL, so it is working in Win 10 on his new machine, but
    it is not the registered version, is there a way to copy the registration info from the dying machine to the new one? He also has a ton of folders, I initially installed T-bird 17.09, which was the last to have "import from Eudora" but because Eudora isn'
    t installed in Program Files T-Bird can't find the .mbox files, and there is no "browse" feature in the import dialog. How should I get his folders back into his current Eudora install, and how can I make the T-Bird import function work? Any help would
    be appreciated, Thanks!

What version of Eudora? If it is prior to 7.1 (or even is 7.1) The registration information should be in the "Help/Payment&Registration"
    pop-up. Or... (from a command shell on the old machine) %appdata%/Qualcomm/Eudora/Eudora.ini

If the version is prior to 7.1: Find a site you trust with 7.1 installer file, download it... Install it, and use

RegFirstNamePro=Generic
    RegLastNamePro=User
    RegCodePro=3291578383333015

as the registration code to unlock it (that's from my Eudora.ini file).

NOTE: I've been using Pandora http://www.drivehq.com/web/brana/pandora.htm
    for a few years now. You need to pay for current major version(s), but that allows for multiple servers, personalities, etc. It has a multi-step (run
    for Accounts, run for Messages, run for Contacts, etc.) importer (sense of humor -- rather than a Wizard it is a Witcher) that can load Eudora data.

--
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    wlfraed@ix.netcom.com http://wlfraed.microdiversity.freeddns.org/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark@21:1/5 to fred.l...@gmail.com on Fri Jul 15 08:43:27 2022
    On Wednesday, 13 July 2022 at 17:24:22 UTC+1, fred.l...@gmail.com wrote:
    Hi, I have a client who is wedded to his Eudora mail, his old machine is crashing frequently, and Eudora isn't opening correctly, I have copied his installation directory and implemented Hermes for SSL, so it is working in Win 10 on his new machine,
    but it is not the registered version, is there a way to copy the registration info from the dying machine to the new one? He also has a ton of folders, I initially installed T-bird 17.09, which was the last to have "import from Eudora" but because Eudora
    isn't installed in Program Files T-Bird can't find the .mbox files, and there is no "browse" feature in the import dialog. How should I get his folders back into his current Eudora install, and how can I make the T-Bird import function work? Any help
    would be appreciated, Thanks!

All you need to do is open Eudora on his old machine and go to Help>Payment & Registration. There you'll find his registered name and license code. Now go to the same screen on his 'unregistered' version, click on ''Enter your code' and put the same
    information in.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05