• (EuroTcl 2023) Coding for coffee: a programmer shares his insights of w

From Decent Espresso@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 16 01:11:32 2023
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hYLYHWavAI

This recent presentation was a good opportunity for me to give a programmer-centric update on how the Decent/Tcl project is going.

This is very much not a salesy-video. It's a programmer's view, and focuses on goals and challenges, on contributions, and where things have been difficult and have fallen short. There's talk about open source and freedoms, disagreements, and my plans
    for the future for this app.

I'm very much of the opinion that Androwish is a really great way to develop mobile apps, as fast (if not faster) than with other technologies.

-john

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From aldo.w.buratti@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 16 09:17:52 2023
    Really interesting. I never used Androwish (nor Android) and all the results you presented give me the motivation and the opportunity to start.
    Abu

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Christian Werner@21:1/5 to All on Wed Aug 16 22:33:30 2023
    Howdy John, all

unfortunately, once again I didn't make it to Vienna, but am happy to see your presentation on YT and the OpenACS website. Thanks and applause!

Still envisioning world dominance of AndroWish, I shall point you to another thing in the making, which could be key for the Decent Espresso Coffee Machine getting even more immersive.
    (Spoiler alert) I'm actively developing a Tcl binding to the open source OPC/UA implementation open62541 (see the wiki page https://wiki.tcl-lang.org/page/topcua) and there exists a so called OPC/UA Companion Specification for Commercial Kitchen
    Equipment which coincidentally defines a device profile for coffee machines. Since this binding is based on C and Tcl it does run an all supported platforms including AndroWish. So in theory your basic framework might be ready for remote monitoring and
    control and factory automation and ...

All the best,
    Christian

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05