• domande

From aurora baccio@21:1/5 to All on Thu May 18 11:44:51 2023
    Good evening,
    I have two questions :
    First question : Is it possible to disable the mouse until an event happens (end of printing for example) and then re-enable it ?
    Second question : what is the difference between endwindow() and destroy(). Basically when is it useful to use one versus the other ?
    Thanks for the help
    Aurora Baccio

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Robert Pope@21:1/5 to aurora baccio on Thu May 18 22:52:43 2023
    On Friday, May 19, 2023 at 4:44:53 AM UTC+10, aurora baccio wrote:
    Good evening,
    I have two questions :
    First question : Is it possible to disable the mouse until an event happens (end of printing for example) and then re-enable it ?
    Second question : what is the difference between endwindow() and destroy(). Basically when is it useful to use one versus the other ?
    Thanks for the help
    Aurora Baccio

It sounds like you might be looking for Window:Disable() and Window:Enable().

EndWindow() closes the window but it remains in memory. You can still query the window object for values. Destroy() takes it out of memory, you can no longer query the window object.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From aurora baccio@21:1/5 to All on Fri May 19 22:41:43 2023
    Il giorno venerdì 19 maggio 2023 alle 07:52:45 UTC+2 Robert Pope ha scritto:
    On Friday, May 19, 2023 at 4:44:53 AM UTC+10, aurora baccio wrote:
    Good evening,
    I have two questions :
    Thanks for the help
    Aurora Baccio

It sounds like you might be looking for Window:Disable() and Window:Enable().
    EndWindow() closes the window but it remains in memory. You can still query the window object for values. Destroy() takes it out of memory, you can no longer query the window object.

I thank you for your response.
    I believe destroy() is to be used as many times as I have finished the reference mask.
    Obviously I need to close all open archives.
    hence a question:
    is there any way to know if and which archive is left open ?
    I currently use an unprofessional system.
    I would like in the close method to insert this control, giving an error message .
    thanks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jamal@21:1/5 to aurora baccio on Sat May 20 21:54:43 2023
    1. Why not just disable your print button and enable afterwards?!
    Disabling the mouse is not such a good idea unless you know what you are
    doing and this requires a very low level API knowledge.

2. There is a big difference. While DataWindow:Destory() will close the
    Window and NULL all objects, you SHOULD use EndWindow(), otherwise your QueryClose() and Close() DataWindow events will never be called.

If you need to reclaim memory, although the VO Garabage Collector
    handles that automatically, you can call CollectForced() especially in situations where huge variables are used.

Only use Destroy() for objects other than Windows (Data Windows and
    Dialogs).

Jamal

On 5/18/2023 2:44 PM, aurora baccio wrote:
    Good evening,
    I have two questions :
    Thanks for the help
    Aurora Baccio

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05