• Plasma

From Keyop to All on Mon Jan 8 22:04:02 2024
    Anyone else having problems connecting to Plasma Sphere BBS via modem in recent months?
  • From Ginger1 to KEYOP on Tue Jan 9 21:33:00 2024
    @MSGID: <659C7152.41.local-general@bbs.magnum.uk.net> Anyone else
    having problems connecting to Plasma Sphere BBS via modem in
    recent months?

There was a period about a month ago where it didn't connect - with a BT "This number is not recognised" message. Then we were back in business and connecting at decent speeds - potentially a touch more laggy.

In trying pretty much every night over the last week, it's struggled to
    connect and when it did, it was laggy as anything and would drop carrier - often without even getting to the main menu. Tonight, it's the harrowing
    BT message again.

Not sure what's going on there. Seems like they're doing some "work" on the line. I fear what that means.

--== dial-up Nights BBS ==--
    Running on an a1200 030
    Open 9 pm - 5 am UTC
    +44(0)1202 741079
    ============================ 3007 06-06-2221:20DANIEL PATH GINGER1 Re:amiga 500 pimpin' 1
    ... OK Scottie, a jokes a joke, now beam down my clothes.
    NesQWK 1.06 < (c) 1995 NoLimits Software. Unregistered evaluation copy.
  • From Keyop to Ginger1 on Tue Jan 9 23:36:52 2024
    Re: Re:Plasma
    By: Ginger1 to KEYOP on Tue Jan 09 2024 21:33:00

There was a period about a month ago where it didn't connect - with a BT "This number is not recognised" message. Then we were back in business and connecting at decent speeds - potentially a touch more
    laggy.

In trying pretty much every night over the last week, it's struggled to connect and when it did, it was laggy as anything and would drop carrier - often without even getting to the main menu. Tonight, it's the harrowing
    BT message again.

Not sure what's going on there. Seems like they're doing some "work" on the line. I fear what that means.

Well if the modem line is becoming too unreliable, then you could always connect via gateway 1 here ...

Login as "plasma" instead of "magnum" to get to Plasma Sphere.