• Hatching files

From Phantom Nomad@21:2/143 to All on Tue Dec 19 09:36:02 2017
    Hello all. Just wondering if anyone can help me with hatching files as they come in. I'm looking to automatically unzip the nodelists and copy them to
    my nodelist directory then run the mutil to compile them. Also I have a
    daily weather that I would like to unzip to my http directory so I can view
    the images in my browser.

Thanks
    Stephen aka Phantom Nomad

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A36 2017/12/03 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: The Bit Bucket (21:2/143)
  • From g00r00@21:1/108 to Phantom Nomad on Tue Dec 19 13:59:22 2017
    Hello all. Just wondering if anyone can help me with hatching files as they come in. I'm looking to automatically unzip the nodelists and copy them to my nodelist directory then run the mutil to compile them. Also

In the case of Mystic, it will do all of that for you. The typical flow
    of how this works is:

When you receive a new nodelist it will be put into its appropriate file base by processing the TIC file. You would configure MUTIL's nodelist compiler to look at those directories for each nodelist you want to include, and thats it.

The next time you run MUTIL it will look in all of the configured places for nodelists, figure out which nodelists are the most recent, and then it will unzip them and create a master nodelist that Mystic will use.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A37 2017/12/17 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Sector 7 [Mystic BBS WHQ] (21:1/108)
  • From Phantom Nomad@21:2/143 to g00r00 on Wed Dec 20 14:02:04 2017
    When you receive a new nodelist it will be put into its appropriate file base by processing the TIC file. You would configure MUTIL's nodelist compiler to look at those directories for each nodelist you want to include, and thats it.

That makes sense. Wasn't sure if it would automagically unzip the files.
    When playing with the setup I had already unzipped them in to that directory.

What about hatching other files? I would like to unzip the daily weather and have it put in to my www directory so I can view satellite maps and such when they come in.

Thanks for the help.
    Phantom Nomad

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A36 2017/12/03 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: The Bit Bucket (21:2/143)
  • From g00r00@21:1/108 to Phantom Nomad on Thu Dec 21 12:11:52 2017
    That makes sense. Wasn't sure if it would automagically unzip the
    files. When playing with the setup I had already unzipped them in to
    that directory.

Yep it will unzip or unrar or unlha etc depending on the format. You don't have to do any steps yourself! :)

What about hatching other files? I would like to unzip the daily
    weather and have it put in to my www directory so I can view satellite maps and such when they come in.

Unfortunately, you'd have to make something to do this on your own in your script that runs things or create an event to check once a day and put it in the proper place. Does the daily weather have the same filename each day?

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A37 2017/12/20 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Sector 7 [Mystic BBS WHQ] (21:1/108)