• New MPY app

From Gryphon@21:1/120 to All on Tue Dec 12 11:33:28 2017
    Hello All,

I just wanted to annouce a new MPY script that I have developed. It is a recreation of the Synchronet BBS List xtrn module. With the advent of the ability to read messages in the new Mystic 1.12 A37, a whole new world of
    IBBS utilities are not envisioned.

This new script is a work in process so I have not packaged it up for general use. It can be had by going to the Cyberia BBS website and downloading it
    from the free section:

cyberia.darktech.org >> Free Files >> Mystic MPL Scripts >> sbbl.mpy

As a requirement, the SYNCDATA Dovenet conference must be available. If you don't have the Dovenet SYNCDATA conference, you will not be able to use this app right now. If you are not a part of dovenet, you might be able to pull
    the SYNCDATA echo from fidonet.

This app will not yet allow for the creation or update of a new BBS to the database. That functionality is not yet available but I hope that it will be available in the next Mystic alpha release. At the moment, it is only good
    for viewing BBS list information and to illustrate the possibilities of IBBS games and apps.

In the future, when the app is able to send posts to the message base, it can then be used for any networked message base. For instance the FSX_BOT echo
    can be used.

Please check it out and let me know what you think.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A37 2017/12/07 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Cyberia BBS | cyberia.darktech.org | San Jose, CA (21:1/120)
  • From g00r00@21:1/108 to Gryphon on Tue Dec 12 16:50:30 2017
    This app will not yet allow for the creation or update of a new BBS to
    the database. That functionality is not yet available but I hope that
    it will be available in the next Mystic alpha release. At the moment,
    it is only good for viewing BBS list information and to illustrate the possibilities of IBBS games and apps.

Let me know what you need and I'll try to get it in there for you. It sounds like you just need to post a message, which you could probably do now by writing the message to a file in the temp directory and then using the menucmd function to post it - all from within Python.

I realize that isn't a clean way but if you want to do something TODAY that might work. I'll work on a msg_post function next time I am working
    with Python.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A37 2017/12/10 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Sector 7 [Mystic BBS WHQ] (21:1/108)
  • From Gryphon@21:1/120 to g00r00 on Tue Dec 12 14:39:32 2017
    On 12/12/17, g00r00 said the following...

This app will not yet allow for the creation or update of a new BBS t the database. That functionality is not yet available but I hope tha it will be available in the next Mystic alpha release. At the moment it is only good for viewing BBS list information and to illustrate th possibilities of IBBS games and apps.

Let me know what you need and I'll try to get it in there for you. It sounds like you just need to post a message, which you could probably do now by writing the message to a file in the temp directory and then
    using the menucmd function to post it - all from within Python.

as it happens, that is exactly the way I was intending to do it. That is the same way I did it with MPL. Write a text file and use the MX menu command to post the file to the message base. However I was under the impression that the menucmd() function was not yet implemented in MPY. Am I wrong? If I am, then I'm doing something wrong in the implementation. Perhaps the function format is different than the format in MPL? I could find no reference to it in any of the whatsnew or python.txt. Except that the python.txt said that it was yet to be impelemented.

I realize that isn't a clean way but if you want to do something TODAY that might work. I'll work on a msg_post function next time I am working with Python.

Using the menucmd("MX",blah) function works for me for my purposes. Unless
    you want to implement a direct function to do it.

• From g00r00@21:1/108 to Gryphon on Tue Dec 12 19:26:52 2017
    as it happens, that is exactly the way I was intending to do it. That
    is the same way I did it with MPL. Write a text file and use the MX
    menu command to post the file to the message base. However I was under the impression that the menucmd() function was not yet implemented in
    MPY. Am I wrong? If I am, then I'm doing something wrong in the implementation. Perhaps the function format is different than the
    format in MPL? I could find no reference to it in any of the whatsnew
    or python.txt.

Yes, its there and I believe its the same. Python.txt is my original notes about Python from the first release a year or more ago, so its not a document on Python. But even so it was listed as functional there too which is why
    its not in the Whatsnew.

menucmd("GT", "This is a test!|PA");

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A37 2017/12/10 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Sector 7 [Mystic BBS WHQ] (21:1/108)
  • From Gryphon@21:1/120 to g00r00 on Tue Dec 12 19:48:52 2017
    On 12/12/17, g00r00 said the following...

as it happens, that is exactly the way I was intending to do it. Tha is the same way I did it with MPL. Write a text file and use the MX menu command to post the file to the message base. However I was und the impression that the menucmd() function was not yet implemented in MPY. Am I wrong? If I am, then I'm doing something wrong in the implementation. Perhaps the function format is different than the format in MPL? I could find no reference to it in any of the whatsne or python.txt.

Yes, its there and I believe its the same. Python.txt is my original notes about Python from the first release a year or more ago, so its not
    a document on Python. But even so it was listed as functional there too which is why its not in the Whatsnew.

Yes, the problem was in my end. I messed up the formatting and that's what caused the error.

• From Zazz@21:1/134 to Gryphon on Wed Dec 13 17:12:48 2017
    I just wanted to annouce a new MPY script that I have developed. It is a recreation of the Synchronet BBS List xtrn module. With the advent of
    the ability to read messages in the new Mystic 1.12 A37, a whole new
    world of IBBS utilities are not envisioned.

it will be available in the next Mystic alpha release. At the moment,
    it is only good for viewing BBS list information and to illustrate the

It worked but the short list gave me an error when I got to the end of the list. Below is the error:

PYTHON ERROR (sbbl.mpy)

File "sbbl.mpy", line 560, in <module>

File "sbbl.mpy", line 543, in main_men
    u

File "sbbl.mpy", line 212, in short_list

IndexError: list index out of
    range

Press a key

Ruben Figueroa aka Zazz
    Mystic Prison Board Sysop
    telnet://pb.darktech.org:24
    Web: www.rdfig.net

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A37 2017/12/09 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Mystic Prison Board BBS*Mesquite Tx (21:1/134)
  • From Gryphon@21:1/120 to Zazz on Thu Dec 14 11:29:42 2017
    On 12/13/17, Zazz said the following...

I just wanted to annouce a new MPY script that I have developed. It recreation of the Synchronet BBS List xtrn module. With the advent o the ability to read messages in the new Mystic 1.12 A37, a whole new world of IBBS utilities are not envisioned.

it will be available in the next Mystic alpha release. At the moment it is only good for viewing BBS list information and to illustrate th

It worked but the short list gave me an error when I got to the end of
    the list. Below is the error:

PYTHON ERROR (sbbl.mpy)

File "sbbl.mpy", line 560, in <module>

File "sbbl.mpy", line 543, in main_men
    u

File "sbbl.mpy", line 212, in short_list

Come get a new updated copy at cyberia.darktech.org/free/mpl/sbbl.mpy

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A37 2017/12/13 (Linux/64)
  • From Zazz@21:1/134 to Gryphon on Thu Dec 14 17:43:30 2017
    Come get a new updated copy at cyberia.darktech.org/free/mpl/sbbl.mpy

Will do.

Ruben Figueroa aka Zazz
    Mystic Prison Board Sysop
    telnet://pb.darktech.org:24
    Web: www.rdfig.net

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A37 2017/12/13 (Windows/32)
    * Origin: Mystic Prison Board BBS*Mesquite Tx (21:1/134)