• Current opinions..on world

From n2qfd@21:1/154 to All on Tue May 14 12:45:05 2024

I can't believe mayonnaise as condiment never entered the fray... I suppose you can take the boy out of Europe but not Europe out of the boy... Next you'll tell me you'd rather have Pepsi than Kvas....

So from the ARRL (Amateur Radio Relay League) kind of an old standby:

Hams can talk about anything, but there are some topics we try to avoid. Discussions of politics and religion tend to attract controversy and start arguments on the air. If it looks like your rag chew is heading in those directions, use good judgment. Does the other operator agree with your views? If not, will you be offended? Will he (or others) be offended? If you have doubts, it is best to change the subject. Conduct yourself as though anyone in the world might be listening at any time.

I assume that's where fsx drew the policy from.

To Quote President Merkin Muffley - Gentlemen, You Can't Fight In Here! This is The War Room!

N2QFD{Queen City BBS}:// "Does this need to be said? Does this need to be said by me? Does this need to be said by me right now?" - Craig Ferguson

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Raspberry Pi/32)
    * Origin: Queen City BBS (21:1/154)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to n2qfd on Tue May 14 10:00:13 2024
    Re: Current opinions..on world
    By: n2qfd to All on Tue May 14 2024 12:45 pm

I can't believe mayonnaise as condiment never entered the fray... I suppose you can take the boy out of Europe but not Europe out of the boy... Next you'll tell me you'd rather have Pepsi than Kvas....

Mayonnaise is very common in the US, to use as a spread on sandwiches and in some salads (such as tuna salad, egg salad, etc.). I don't think mayonnaise is a European thing..

I'm not familiar with Kvas though, but I actually do prefer Pepsi over Coke.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: Digital Distortion: digdist.synchro.net (21:1/137)
  • From Warpslide@21:3/110 to Nightfox on Tue May 14 13:24:56 2024
    On 14 May 2024, Nightfox said the following...

Mayonnaise is very common in the US, to use as a spread on sandwiches
    and in some salads (such as tuna salad, egg salad, etc.). I don't think mayonnaise is a European thing..

This reminds me when I was a teenager (back in the 90s), we had a constant stream of new missionaries for my church coming in from the US.

We were out for lunch with the new missionaries at a burger place and they were surprised to see we only had ketchup and vinegar packets available for the fries. They both asked for mayo packets and the person behind the counter said that they don't have mayo in packets, but was happy to give them some in a small cup.

I'd never really seem someone dip their fries in mayo before that day and one of the missionaries was kind of repulsed that I was putting vinegar on my fries. He was the same one who thought we were playing a prank on him when he saw that our milk comes in bags.

Jay

... Need an ark to save two of every animal? I noah guy!

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A49 2023/04/30 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Northern Realms (21:3/110)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to Warpslide on Tue May 14 11:52:34 2024
    Re: Re: Current opinions..on world
    By: Warpslide to Nightfox on Tue May 14 2024 01:24 pm

This reminds me when I was a teenager (back in the 90s), we had a constant stream of new missionaries for my church coming in from the US.

We were out for lunch with the new missionaries at a burger place and they were surprised to see we only had ketchup and vinegar packets available for the fries. They both asked for mayo packets and the person behind the counter said that they don't have mayo in packets, but was happy to give them some in a small cup.

Interesting.. These were missionaries from the US? From what I've heard, I always thought mayonnaise on french fries was more common in Europe. I personally haven't known anyone in the US who likes mayonnaise on their fries. In the US, ketchup is usually what people like on fries, and sometimes other sauces (Thousand Island dressing, sometimes barbecue sauce, or what some places call "fry sauce", which seems like Thousand Island dressing to me). I've also known some people to mix ketchup and mayonnaise for fries; just not mayonnaise by itself.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Accession@21:1/200 to Warpslide on Tue May 14 13:26:42 2024
    On Tue, 14 May 2024 18:24:56 -0400, you wrote:

I'd never really seem someone dip their fries in mayo before that day
    and one of the missionaries was kind of repulsed that I was putting
    vinegar on my fries. He was the same one who thought we were playing a prank on him when he saw that our milk comes in bags.

My wife and daughter love to dip their fries in mayo. I personally gag just by the thought of it, but I'm not a fan of mayo by itself on anything. Subs/sandwiches I'd rather have olive oil and vinegar. Burgers, ketchup and mustard, or I can deal with versions of thousand island dressing (which may or may not have mayo, heck sometimes it's just a mixture of ketchup and mayo - which I don't mind).

We've also had a fairly popular gas station chain around here called Kwik Trip that, up until recently always sold milk in bags.

Then again, I'm in Wisconsin, so fairly close to Canada. I'm sure that some popular traits make their way across the border at some time or another. :)

Regards,
    Nick

... Take my advice, I don't use it anyway.
    --- Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:115.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderb
    * Origin: _thePharcyde distribution system (Wisconsin) (21:1/200)
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to Accession on Tue May 14 12:03:18 2024
    By: Accession to Warpslide on Tue May 14 2024 01:26 pm

My wife and daughter love to dip their fries in mayo. I personally gag just by the thought of it, but I'm not a fan of mayo by itself on anything. Subs/sandwiches I'd rather have olive oil and vinegar. Burgers, ketchup and mustard, or I can deal with versions of thousand island dressing (which may or may not have mayo, heck sometimes it's just a mixture of ketchup and mayo - which I don't mind).

I tend to like oilive oil & vinegar on subs as well. One of my favorite subs is the "Original Italian" from Jersey Mike's - They tend to put generous amounts of olive oil & vinegar on it, and I think it adds a lot to the flavor of the sandwich.

I like ketchup & mustard on burgers, though I think mayonnaise and ketchup can be a good combination on a burger too. Burger King's Whopper has that, and I think it goes well with the other toppings on the Whopper.

I think Thousand Island and similar on a burger is good too. A&W's Papa Burger is like that, and it's one of my favorite fast food burgers.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Accession@21:1/200 to Nightfox on Tue May 14 14:53:16 2024
    On Tue, 14 May 2024 17:03:18 -0700, you wrote:

I tend to like oilive oil & vinegar on subs as well. One of my favorite subs is the "Original Italian" from Jersey Mike's - They tend to put generous amounts of olive oil & vinegar on it, and I think it adds a lot
    to the flavor of the sandwich.

While Jersey Mikes is by far my favorite sub shop, sometimes they can go a little overboard with the oil and vinegar. Not so much that it ruins any flavor, but moreso that it ends up all over your hands and face. :)

I like ketchup & mustard on burgers, though I think mayonnaise and
    ketchup can be a good combination on a burger too. Burger King's
    Whopper has that, and I think it goes well with the other toppings on
    the Whopper.

Agreed. I just can't stand mayo by itself, or really any time you can actually taste it.

I think Thousand Island and similar on a burger is good too. A&W's Papa Burger is like that, and it's one of my favorite fast food burgers.

Chik-fil-a sauce is pretty awesome on fries and burgers, too. It could be argued that sauce is also similar to a thousand island dressing, though.

Regards,
    Nick

• From Warpslide@21:3/110 to Accession on Tue May 14 16:51:40 2024
    On 14 May 2024, Accession said the following...

My wife and daughter love to dip their fries in mayo. I personally gag just by the thought of it, but I'm not a fan of mayo by itself on anything.

Yeah, I tried mayo on fries & it wasn't for me. It seems I don't like mayo on anything warm or hot, about the only time I don't mind mayo is coleslaw, potato salad & deviled eggs.

Jay

... What do evil hens lay? Deviled eggs

• From Accession@21:1/200 to Warpslide on Tue May 14 16:10:42 2024
    On Tue, 14 May 2024 21:51:40 -0400, you wrote:

Yeah, I tried mayo on fries & it wasn't for me. It seems I don't like
    mayo on anything warm or hot, about the only time I don't mind mayo is coleslaw, potato salad & deviled eggs.

Hah, yup! Any time it's mixed and not by itself. I don't mind any of what you mentioned, either. :)

Regards,
    Nick

• From Nightfox@21:1/137 to Accession on Tue May 14 15:24:23 2024
    By: Accession to Nightfox on Tue May 14 2024 02:53 pm

While Jersey Mikes is by far my favorite sub shop, sometimes they can go a little overboard with the oil and vinegar. Not so much that it ruins any flavor, but moreso that it ends up all over your hands and face. :)

I don't really mind, as I think the oil & vinegar helps with the flavor, especially since that's the only thing keeping the sandwich from being dry.

There's a local Greek restaurant in my area that has a really big sandwich, similar to an Italian sub. Their location closest to me closed for a few years, but I used to get one of those sandwiches sometimes, and it also has oil & vinegar on it. Recently, that location opened back up and I've gotten one of those sandwiches from there a couple times and it seems quite a bit more dry than it used to be.. So I appreciate a place like Jersey Mike's that puts a generous amount of that on there. :)

Chik-fil-a sauce is pretty awesome on fries and burgers, too. It could be argued that sauce is also similar to a thousand island dressing, though.

I don't really like Chik-Fil-A sauce much, but I might have to try it on a burger. Overall I don't really get the hype around Chick-Fil-A..

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Nightfox@21:1/137 to Warpslide on Tue May 14 15:28:30 2024
    Re: Re: Current opinions..on world
    By: Warpslide to Accession on Tue May 14 2024 04:51 pm

Yeah, I tried mayo on fries & it wasn't for me. It seems I don't like mayo on anything warm or hot, about the only time I don't mind mayo is coleslaw, potato salad & deviled eggs.

I didn't realize coleslaw had mayo.. It always seemed to me that coleslaw has a dressing that is more runny and isn't as thick as mayo. I looked up a coleslaw dressing recipe, and indeed it mentions mayo.

I've put together coleslaw at home sometimes, and often I've bought pre-made coleslaw dressing such as this:
    https://www.vons.com/shop/product-details.106040046.html
    Looking at the ingredients for that, it doesn't specifically say it has mayo, I imagine several of the ingredients are pretty much what's in mayo.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Adept@21:2/108 to Nightfox on Tue May 14 22:27:11 2024
    Interesting.. These were missionaries from the US? From what I've
    heard, I always thought mayonnaise on french fries was more common in Europe. I personally haven't known anyone in the US who likes
    mayonnaise on their fries. In the US, ketchup is usually what people
    like on fries, and sometimes other sauces (Thousand Island dressing, sometimes barbecue sauce, or what some places call "fry sauce", which

That comment struck me as odd, too, as mayo seems to be the standard fry condiment in Germany, and I'm in the ketchup camp.

Well, I'm mostly in the, "no real need to get fries, but I'll eat some if they're around" camp.

And I grew up with my dad, for whom fries were ketchup-delivery vehicles. He was also a fan of ketchup on eggs.

But I'd use mayo if no ketchup was available. Though maybe just not eat the fries. Potatoes just aren't my thing.

--- Mystic BBS v1.12 A48 (Linux/64)
    * Origin: Storm BBS (21:2/108)
  • From Accession@21:1/200 to Nightfox on Tue May 14 18:03:04 2024
    On Tue, 14 May 2024 20:24:22 -0700, you wrote:

I don't really mind, as I think the oil & vinegar helps with the flavor, especially since that's the only thing keeping the sandwich from being dry.

I agree there, just sometimes the bread is sopping wet with it. There's a nice happy medium that you only get once in awhile, but I guess I'd rather have too much, than not enough.

I don't really like Chik-Fil-A sauce much, but I might have to try it on
    a burger. Overall I don't really get the hype around Chick-Fil-A..

I don't really care for the food all that much. It's just a chicken sandwich with a couple pickles on it.

The sauce though, can be put on anything. :)

Regards,
    Nick

• From Avon@21:1/101 to n2qfd on Wed May 15 11:12:29 2024
    On 14 May 2024 at 12:45p, n2qfd pondered and said...

I assume that's where fsx drew the policy from.

Nope, but essentially there's been heated back and forth between some past posters when views are shared regarding political and/or religious subjects.

I took the view that to negate discord and help foster the goals and values of fsxNet it was best to ask folks to take such posts to othernets... as some have mentioned already there's plenty of other spaces / places on the internet and BBS land that those conversations can take place in.

The feedback since that change was made has been overwhelmingly supportive.

Kerr Avon [Blake's 7] 'I'm not expendable, I'm not stupid and I'm not going' avon[at]bbs.nz | bbs.nz | fsxnet.nz

* Origin: Agency BBS | Dunedin, New Zealand | agency.bbs.nz (21:1/101)
  • From Accession@21:1/200 to Adept on Tue May 14 18:28:48 2024
    On Wed, 15 May 2024 03:27:10 +0000, you wrote:

That comment struck me as odd, too, as mayo seems to be the standard fry condiment in Germany, and I'm in the ketchup camp.

I tend to mix ketchup and mustard for dipping fries most of the time. Unless they're cheese fries or something.

And I grew up with my dad, for whom fries were ketchup-delivery
    vehicles. He was also a fan of ketchup on egg

I'll do salsa on eggs, which is probably closely related.

But I'd use mayo if no ketchup was available. Though maybe just not eat
    the fries. Potatoes just aren't my thing.

Gravy is the way to go, apparantly! I not so long ago had poutine for the first time in my life. It had pork belly and a brown gravy that was amazing! Not sure I can eat fries and ketchup ever again.

Regards,
    Nick

• From Nightfox@21:1/137 to Accession on Tue May 14 17:29:33 2024
    By: Accession to Nightfox on Tue May 14 2024 06:03 pm

I don't really like Chik-Fil-A sauce much, but I might have to try it on a
    burger. Overall I don't really get the hype around Chick-Fil-A..

I don't really care for the food all that much. It's just a chicken sandwich with a couple pickles on it.

I tend to agree. I think you can get a better chicken sandwich elsewhere.

Nightfox
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to Accession on Wed May 15 15:59:00 2024

I tend to mix ketchup and mustard for dipping fries most of the time. Unless they're cheese fries or something.

The only condiment required for fries, chips here in the civilised world ;)
    is Chicken Salt!

Spec

*** THE READER V4.50 [freeware]
    --- SuperBBS v1.17-3 (Eval)
    * Origin: Good Luck and drive offensively! (21:3/101)
  • From Warpslide@21:3/110 to Nightfox on Wed May 15 07:14:54 2024
    On 14 May 2024, Nightfox said the following...

I didn't realize coleslaw had mayo.. It always seemed to me that
    coleslaw has a dressing that is more runny and isn't as thick as mayo.
    I looked up a coleslaw dressing recipe, and indeed it mentions mayo.

When we go for Fish & Chips here it almost always comes with coleslaw, I'm not sure why. There a few that serve an oil & vinegar coleslaw which I'm not very fond of, to me it's just wet cabbage. The creamy coleslaw made with mayo is (IMO) far better.

Jay

... Can I offer you a glass of our finest hotdog water?

• From Accession@21:1/200 to Spectre on Wed May 15 20:28:22 2024
    On Wed, 15 May 2024 20:59:00 +1000, you wrote:

The only condiment required for fries, chips here in the civilised world ;) is Chicken Salt!

That sounds boring, to be completely honest. I'd just pass on the fries (or chips) then.

Regards,
    Nick

• From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to n2qfd on Wed May 15 07:05:00 2024
    n2qfd wrote to All <=-

I've learned to hold my head proudly while I dip my fries in
    mayonnaise. Let the scoffers hold their tongues!

... Each pope gets to add one new page to the bible.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
    * Origin: realitycheckBBS.org -- information is power. (21:4/122)
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to Warpslide on Wed May 15 07:12:00 2024
    Warpslide wrote to Nightfox <=-

We were out for lunch with the new missionaries at a burger place and
    they were surprised to see we only had ketchup and vinegar packets available for the fries.

I'm surprised vinegar hasn't come up in this conversation. Malt vinegar
    on fish and chips is a delight - and the only dish I'll add salt to.

Fish and Chips on the California west coast is hit and miss. Lots of
    restraurants treat fries as and afterthought, and whilst the Proper
    Fish is cod or haddock, I've seen Salmon used here.

That Ain't Right.

... A group of chipmunks is called a Chalupa.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to Nightfox on Wed May 15 07:19:00 2024
    Nightfox wrote to Warpslide <=-

I've put together coleslaw at home sometimes, and often I've bought pre-made coleslaw dressing such as this: https://www.vons.com/shop/product-details.106040046.html Looking at the ingredients for that, it doesn't specifically say it has mayo, I
    imagine several of the ingredients are pretty much what's in mayo.

I think what you're seeing is "let's make mayo and make it not cause
    food poisoning if it gets spoiled in any way..."

... Knock-Knock jokes are illegal in Poland.
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From Tiny@21:1/700 to WARPSLIDE on Thu May 16 06:21:00 2024
    Quoting Warpslide to Nightfox <=-

When we go for Fish & Chips here it almost always comes with coleslaw,
    I'm not sure why. There a few that serve an oil & vinegar coleslaw
    which I'm not very fond of, to me it's just wet cabbage. The creamy coleslaw made with mayo is (IMO) far better.

I like both versions, depending on what I'm having it with. ie: Fish and
    chips the oil and vinegar version helps cut through all the grease. ;)

Shawn

... If its stupid and it works - its not stupid
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: _thePharcyde telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin) (21:1/700)
  • From Accession@21:1/200 to poindexter FORTRAN on Thu May 16 18:04:30 2024
    On Wed, 15 May 2024 12:12:00 -0700, you wrote:

We were out for lunch with the new missionaries at a burger place and
    they were surprised to see we only had ketchup and vinegar packets
    available for the fries.

I'm surprised vinegar hasn't come up in this conversation. Malt vinegar
    on fish and chips is a delight - and the only dish I'll add salt to.

It did, briefly. But at the time, we were talking about subs and salads.

Fish and Chips on the California west coast is hit and miss. Lots of
    restraurants treat fries as and afterthought, and whilst the Proper
    Fish is cod or haddock, I've seen Salmon used here.

Same here in Wisconsin. But then again, there's not much you can do with fries/chips, besides finding anything incredible to put on them. :)

Here cod is the norm, but they usually have some locally popular fish like blue gill, perch, or walleye as other options as well.

That Ain't Right.

Agreed, but I don't think I've ever seen Salmon advertised as any kind of fish fry around here. Probably a good thing, I guess.

Regards,
    Nick

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to Accession on Fri May 17 11:12:00 2024
    S> The only condiment required for fries, chips here in the civilised
    S> world ;) is Chicken Salt!

That sounds boring, to be completely honest. I'd just pass on the fries (or chips) then.

Don't knock it till you try it. There are other... Plebs that'll go with Chicken Salt and dip in gravy, but that's a waste of perfectly good chippies for my money.

Spec

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to poindexter FORTRAN on Fri May 17 11:15:00 2024
    I've learned to hold my head proudly while I dip my fries in
    mayonnaise. Let the scoffers hold their tongues!

Mayo has always had an unfortunate lubricity combined with a taste like something thats died to my tastebuds... so I'd be reaching for the
    dishwashing liquid and washing my tongue :)

Spec

• From kirkspragg@21:2/150 to Spectre on Thu May 16 23:13:29 2024
    The only condiment required for fries, chips here in the civilised world ;) is Chicken Salt!

Chicken salt + gravy on mashed potatoes is in fact a superior codiment for fried.

KFC used to serve their fries with chicken salt & also had a decent mashed potato & gravy - both combined were the best..

... Don't ask me! I was hired for my good looks!

* Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbs>>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (21:2/150)
  • From Ed Vance@21:1/175 to Nightfox on Fri May 17 08:24:26 2024
    ME AND MY RC!
    but the Doctor says No Cola......
    Ed
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (21:1/175)
  • From Ed Vance@21:1/175 to Accession on Fri May 17 08:38:47 2024
    In the 1970's when I ordered a Hamburger at Burger Chef I learned they put Mustard and Ketchup in their sandwiches, so I'd have to specify "Mustard Only!" when ordering a 15 Cent burger there

A brother was Manager at another Burger Chef said to me "Oh you want 'no k plus o' " to me, so I began ordering what I wanted that way.
    Ed
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: capitolcityonline.net * Telnet/SSH:2022/HTTP (21:1/175)
  • From Accession@21:1/200 to Ed Vance on Fri May 17 17:21:00 2024
    On Fri, 17 May 2024 13:38:46 -0500, you wrote:

A brother was Manager at another Burger Chef said to me "Oh you want 'no
    k plus o' " to me, so I began ordering what I wanted that way.

That reminds me. I just learned recently that Burger King does orders in a wierd way like that also. Never knew about it for all these years.

If you order a Whopper with "heavy all" they give you 1.5 times the ingredients (besides the actual burger patty).

Regards,
    Nick

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to kirkspragg on Sat May 18 17:50:00 2024
    KFC used to serve their fries with chicken salt & also had a decent mashed potato & gravy - both combined were the best..

Wonder if your KFC is any different to ours... Ours serve indigestible
    grease laden schnitezengruben that could probably power a 3rd world country
    for a week.

There chips are good, will give you that much even here... but I'm not sure what it really is they're putting in the spud n gravy... cotton wool and axle grease maybe?

Spec

• From Spectre@21:3/101 to Accession on Sat May 18 18:22:00 2024
    If you order a Whopper with "heavy all" they give you 1.5 times the ingredients (besides the actual burger patty).

The missus used to be a manager at Hungry Jacks (read Burger King for the
    rest of the world), when I met her. I'd trundle in and hang out towards the
    end of her shifts. Not ever having had Jacks before that she'd get me
    something while I was waiting and reading the newspaper.

I'd get some really weird stuff out of that kitchen. A nominal double
    cheesey would have 4 patties in it, or wall to all pickles, or 5kg of cheese, always something weird with it.

Spec

• From niter3@21:1/199 to Spectre on Sat May 18 05:35:38 2024
    There chips are good, will give you that much even here... but I'm not sure what it really is they're putting in the spud n gravy... cotton
    wool and axle grease maybe?

Helps keep you regular. :D

* Origin: Clutch BBS * telnet://clutchbbs.com (21:1/199)
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to Spectre on Sat May 18 07:09:00 2024
    Spectre wrote to kirkspragg <=-

Wonder if your KFC is any different to ours... Ours serve indigestible grease laden schnitezengruben that could probably power a 3rd world country for a week.

There chips are good, will give you that much even here... but I'm not sure what it really is they're putting in the spud n gravy... cotton
    wool and axle grease maybe?

The gravy recipe is a corporate secret long held by PlastiCorp(tm).

... Listen in total darkness, very quietly
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to Spectre on Sat May 18 07:11:00 2024
    Spectre wrote to Accession <=-

I'd get some really weird stuff out of that kitchen. A nominal double cheesey would have 4 patties in it, or wall to all pickles, or 5kg of cheese, always something weird with it.

Deep fried hotdogs was my favorite teenage fast food closing-time
    experiment.

... Listen in total darkness, very quietly
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52
  • From kirkspragg@21:2/150 to Spectre on Sat May 18 16:44:32 2024

The important bit here is "used to", those days are long gone unfortunately.

Wonder if your KFC is any different to ours... Ours serve indigestible grease laden schnitezengruben that could probably power a 3rd world country for a week.

Unfortunately not, KFC here in New Zealand has a well deserved reputation for being as bad as you describe.

... Doing my part to annoy the religious right.

* Origin: 2o fOr beeRS bbs>>>20ForBeers.com:1337 (21:2/150)
  • From Spectre@21:3/101 to poindexter FORTRAN on Sun May 19 17:54:00 2024
    sure what it really is they're putting in the spud n gravy... cotton wool and axle grease maybe?

The gravy recipe is a corporate secret long held by PlastiCorp(tm).

Ahhh so PlasticMan is to blame. There goes the axle grease theory..

• From Tiny@21:1/700 to POINDEXTER FORTRAN on Sun May 26 06:03:00 2024
    Quoting Poindexter Fortran to Tiny <=-

started renting when the neighborhood was sketchy, but it's become
    quite hip now. They still paid $780 for it. It looked the worse for

So when we moved here the Downtown core was sketchy so our rent started
    at $999 a month when the average was $1100. The neighbourhood went hip,
    then covid, nwo it's a drug infected poop hole again. However they are building expensive apartments so it's coming up again. hahah

what landlords try to pull - since most people aren't aware of the
    law, it makes sense for them. A fraction of the poeple will object,
    like you did, and most will go along with it.

That's what my daughter told me. She went around the building and told
    anyone who would listen not to sign.

The "the lease is invalid because the building sold" gets used a lot.

They try that, but it doesn't work for us. :)

Shawn

... Freedom of religion MUST also include freedom FROM religion.
    --- SBBSecho 3.20-Linux
    * Origin: _thePharcyde telnet://bbs.pharcyde.org (Wisconsin) (21:1/700)
  • From poindexter FORTRAN@21:4/122 to Tiny on Sun May 26 10:53:00 2024
    Tiny wrote to POINDEXTER FORTRAN <=-

That's what my daughter told me. She went around the building and told anyone who would listen not to sign.

The "the lease is invalid because the building sold" gets used a lot.

Nolo Press has some great self-help books on tenant's rights. I don't
    know if they're California-only or have books for all states, but
    they've been a godsend here. They also have forms for most
    tenant-landlord communication for free download.

... A NEW LIFE AWAITS YOU IN THE OFF-WORLD COLONIES!
    --- MultiMail/Win v0.52