• learning to code

From Stephen Walsh@39:901/280 to All on Mon May 17 17:16:38 2010
    Hello everybody.

So what can anyone recomend for some readig to learn the basic's of bashing the keyboard and making some code?

I have sas/c 6.58, and even a couple of Amiga books that's i've been colecting, but have yet to do anything with them.

Also have the book/disks for Programing in 'c' by the Amiga shopper guys.

Stephen

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
    * Origin: -:--- Dragon's Lair ---:- telnet: bbs.vk3heg.net (39:901/280)
  • From Benny Pedersen@39:14/0 to Stephen Walsh on Tue May 18 12:13:28 2010
    Hello Stephen!

17 May 2010 17:16, Stephen Walsh wrote to All:

So what can anyone recomend for some readig to learn the basic's of bashing the
    keyboard and making some code?

i had success with latice/sasc where i made one single program that extracted the printer driver name from the user selected printer in devs:printers/

program was to me very usefull since the filename could be diff then what name it was internal, most of my friends at that time was very impressed to see it worked

blink have linked overlay support, with means one can build one program in loadeble parts as needed, had not found if slink have this geek things aswell

if i remember it some versions of dpaint had this, so it worked on unexpanded a1000

I have sas/c 6.58, and even a couple of Amiga books that's i've been colecting, but
    have yet to do anything with them.

its always good to use valid dokumentation on amiga library and devs, and how to link compile it with your c compiler

Also have the book/disks for Programing in 'c' by the Amiga shopper guys.

good try as much as you can, just dont say it seems simple, so simple i cant laern from it, atleast that was what i did, i end up building my amigainfo program from all the parts i knowed how worked, and builded it after that into one single program, with reqtools gui :)

hope i still have the full sources on one of my harddisks, my a4000 harddisk lost its rdb so i have to wait until i have a td64 up and running to try using disksalv restore a ram based rdb to mount partions again, and then i hope i can backup all contents from it and give the disk to the bit bucket

Regards Benny

... there can only be one way of life, and it works :)

--- Msged/LNX 6.2.0 (Linux/2.6.33-gentoo-r2 (i686))
    * Origin: http://www.region23.dk/ http://www.fido.dk/ (39:14/0)
  • From Stephen Walsh@39:901/280 to Benny Pedersen on Mon May 24 09:22:23 2010
    Hello Benny.

18 May 10 12:13, you wrote to me:

So what can anyone recomend for some readig to learn the basic's
    of bashing the keyboard and making some code?

i had success with latice/sasc where i made one single program that extracted the printer driver name from the user selected printer in devs:printers/
    [...]
    if i remember it some versions of dpaint had this, so it worked on unexpanded a1000

Where to start is one thing that I'm hoping to learn. Hence why I've been collecting some programming books (Not just amiga ones, but also a few for linux).

I have sas/c 6.58, and even a couple of Amiga books that's i've
    been colecting, but have yet to do anything with them.

its always good to use valid dokumentation on amiga library and devs,
    and how to link compile it with your c compiler

The Amiga book I have are:

Amiga Shopper presents: "Complete Amiga C"
    The Waite Group's: "Inside the Amiga with C"
    Abacus: "Amiga Syetem Programmer's Guide"
    CBM: "Intuition Reference Manual" (This is from 1986, so porb. 1.2/1.3 rom based)
    CBM: "amiga ROM kernel Reference Manual - Includes and Autodocs" 3Rd Edition

Also have the book/disks for Programing in 'c' by the Amiga
    shopper guys.

good try as much as you can, just dont say it seems simple, so simple
    [...]
    hope i still have the full sources on one of my harddisks, my a4000 harddisk lost its rdb so i have to wait until i have a td64 up and
    running to try using disksalv restore a ram based rdb to mount

The bit bucket must be getting rather full by now.

Stephen

--- GoldED+/LNX 1.1.5
    * Origin: -:--- Dragon's Lair ---:- telnet: bbs.vk3heg.net (39:901/280)