• VLC failing to play video (picture freezes but sound continues) after p

From NY@21:1/5 to All on Fri Jan 20 12:15:17 2023
    Is it just me, or has anyone else found that recent versions of VLC will not resume playing of the video part of a file if the video is paused and then resumed? The sound continues fine, but the picture is frozen. Sometimes the picture resumes after playing for a minute or so. The only guaranteed remedy
    is to stop the video (keeping VLC open) and then start playing again, moving
    to the point in the file where playback stopped working.

It happens on two different PCs (Windows 7 with ASUS EAH5450 graphics, and Windows 10 with Intel UHD / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics*). VLC support were singularly useless and refused to log it as a bug, even after I'd
    carried out the diagnostics that they requested. V2.1.5 works fine and the fault happens with V3.0.18; I've not tried every version in between to determine which version was the first to have the problem. I've experimented with various values of "Output" on the Tools | Preferences | Video menu, as well as turning on/off "Accelerated video output" and "Use hardware YUV-RGB" (of those which successfully play video, none fixes it).

(*) Piriform "Speccy" lists both ;-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)