• Movies on Channel 4 - End Credits

From Gerard K@21:1/5 to All on Sat Nov 6 05:45:41 2021
    I have noticed that a couple of movies I have watched recently on 4 did not have anyone shouting loudly over squeezed end credits. The credits were allowed to run to their natural conclusion (as they should be of course). Is this a new policy or a knock
    on effect due to recent ongoing technical problems?

Gerard

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mike@21:1/5 to scotsmandrareg@gmail.com on Sat Nov 6 13:19:12 2021
    In article <ebfddd44-0316-436d-9342-d0eec9332645n@googlegroups.com>,
    Gerard K <scotsmandrareg@gmail.com> wrote:
    I have noticed that a couple of movies I have watched recently on 4 did not=
    have anyone shouting loudly over squeezed end credits. The credits were al=
    lowed to run to their natural conclusion (as they should be of course). Is = >this a new policy or a knock on effect due to recent ongoing technical prob= >lems?=20

It can't be policy, it's too sensible! :)

"Never attribute to competence what can be adequately explained by cockup!"
    or something.

I've noticed similar on E4, the usual squishing and shouting over "Young Sheldon" rendering the funny end-title-vanity-card unreadable has been suspended, so far.

I'm sure when they recover full facilities everything will back to
    normal.
    --
    --------------------------------------+------------------------------------ Mike Brown: mjb[-at-]signal11.org.uk | http://www.signal11.org.uk

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Mark Carver@21:1/5 to Gerard K on Sat Nov 6 15:25:37 2021
    On 06/11/2021 12:45, Gerard K wrote:
    I have noticed that a couple of movies I have watched recently on 4 did not have anyone shouting loudly over squeezed end credits. The credits were allowed to run to their natural conclusion (as they should be of course). Is this a new policy or a
    knock on effect due to recent ongoing technical problems?

It's because of the Red Bee play-out centre catastrophe in September,
    and C4 having to broadcast from a disaster recovery centre that's ill
    equipped (see threads regarding loss of subtitles)

Also see this:-

https://cleanfeed.thetvroom.com/9939/preswatch/fallout-from-red-bee-broadcast-centre-incident-latest-status/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From NY@21:1/5 to Mark Carver on Sat Nov 6 16:46:10 2021
    "Mark Carver" <mark.carver@invalid.invalid> wrote in message news:iunl3iF27d8U1@mid.individual.net...
    On 06/11/2021 12:45, Gerard K wrote:
    I have noticed that a couple of movies I have watched recently on 4 did
    not have anyone shouting loudly over squeezed end credits. The credits
    were allowed to run to their natural conclusion (as they should be of
    course). Is this a new policy or a knock on effect due to recent ongoing
    technical problems?

It's because of the Red Bee play-out centre catastrophe in September, and
    C4 having to broadcast from a disaster recovery centre that's ill equipped (see threads regarding loss of subtitles)

Also see this:-

https://cleanfeed.thetvroom.com/9939/preswatch/fallout-from-red-bee-broadcast-centre-incident-latest-status/

I wonder if any lessons will be learned from the Red Bee play-out centre catastrophe - such as making sure that the data and equipment at the backup site are identical in every way to that at the main centre, and that it is tested from time to time to guard against faults in the backup which are
    only found when the backup is required.

But the overriding lesson to be learned is: a fire-prevention system which knackers the equipment is useless - do you want your equipment destroyed by fire or by the fire-prevention equipment? :-) The people who specified it, supplied it or signed off the end result should be sacked/sued.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Gaff (Sofa)@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 7 10:06:09 2021
    I suspect the latter. and still no audio description on films I know had it
    in the cinema and dvd.
    They really are being clobbered by the disability rights people and offcom about this lack of back up plans. What a shambles.
    Brian

--

This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
    The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
    briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    Blind user, so no pictures please
    Note this Signature is meaningless.!
    "Gerard K" <scotsmandrareg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ebfddd44-0316-436d-9342-d0eec9332645n@googlegroups.com...
    I have noticed that a couple of movies I have watched recently on 4 did not have anyone shouting loudly over squeezed end credits. The credits were
    allowed to run to their natural conclusion (as they should be of course). Is this a new policy or a knock on effect due to recent ongoing technical problems?

Gerard

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05