• Dartford Tunnel

From wrightsaerials@f2s.com@21:1/5 to All on Mon Feb 20 03:31:50 2023
    According to MB21, "The Dartford Tunnel has a re-broadcast system, receiving MF, VHF and DAB services from various sites, and re-broadcasting them in the tunnel via a leaky feeder system. The tunnel has a Voice Break-in system for emergency use as
    detailed at entry to the tunnels."
    Does this 'Voice Break-in system' actually work on DAB? How?

Bill

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Mark Carver@21:1/5 to wrightsaerials@aol.com on Mon Feb 20 11:53:38 2023
    On 20/02/2023 11:31, wrightsaerials@aol.com wrote:
    According to MB21, "The Dartford Tunnel has a re-broadcast system, receiving MF, VHF and DAB services from various sites, and re-broadcasting them in the tunnel via a leaky feeder system. The tunnel has a Voice Break-in system for emergency use as

I would imagine using one of these ?

https://www.avt-nbg.de/en/products/magic-tbr-tunnel-break-rebroadcast-system

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Brian Gaff@21:1/5 to All on Tue Feb 21 17:53:36 2023
    I'd not know, but my friend has had a loan car while his was being mended,
    and it seemed to me that traffic alertscould break in to any input source, including an I phone plugged in. I guess it must have been listening on fm
    and operating some input switch in whatever he was playing. Since it was a German car he cold make no sense of the manual on how to stop this with its little pictures and arrows.
    Brian

--

--:
    This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
    The Sofa of Brian Gaff...
    briang1@blueyonder.co.uk
    Blind user, so no pictures please
    Note this Signature is meaningless.!
    "wrightsaerials@aol.com" <wrightsaerials@f2s.com> wrote in message news:c884f4c2-1d12-4638-b374-1a540ae36153n@googlegroups.com...
    According to MB21, "The Dartford Tunnel has a re-broadcast system, receiving MF, VHF and DAB services from various sites, and re-broadcasting them in the tunnel via a leaky feeder system. The tunnel has a Voice Break-in system for emergency use as detailed at entry to the tunnels."

Bill

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From wrightsaerials@f2s.com@21:1/5 to Mark Carver on Tue Feb 21 13:04:54 2023
    On Monday, 20 February 2023 at 11:53:39 UTC, Mark Carver wrote:
    On 20/02/2023 11:31, wrights...@aol.com wrote:

I would imagine using one of these ?

https://www.avt-nbg.de/en/products/magic-tbr-tunnel-break-rebroadcast-system
    Mark to the rescue as usual!
    Bill

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05