• SKYGLOBE FOR WINDOWS

From nikas.hayes.b@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Brendan DJ Murphy on Thu Jan 28 05:59:32 2016
    On Friday, October 12, 2001 at 4:06:22 PM UTC-4, Brendan DJ Murphy wrote:
    I have a copy of Skyglobe for Windows and enjoy it very much!

Because of the disappearance of the author (Mark Haney /KlassM Software )
    who actually owns the copyright of his program?

Would I be breaching copyright laws if I was to make it available for down-loading from a website (completely non-profit of course)

One thing which I particularly like is the Windows Screen-Saver which comes with it;
    a simple spinning display of the celestial sphere.

"Chris Marriott" <chris@chrism.nospam.demon.co.uk> wrote in message news:1002911162.24683.1.nnrp-08.9e9809e7@news.demon.co.uk...

"blurstall" <replyto@newsgoup.please> wrote in message news:ogfx7.25158$Tv6.126949@news1.rdc1.nsw.optushome.com.au...
    I registered my skyglobe 3.6 and also purchased V2 for windows.
    Still a top program in my opinion.
    I have tried to trace the author but no luck - perhaps he is involved with one of the current offerings?

To the best of my knowledge, Mark Hanney, the author of SkyGlobe, dropped out of the business MANY years ago and nobody's heard from him since. It
    was
    strange - one week he was active on such things as the CompuServe
    astronomy
    forum (this was in "pre-Usenet" days!) and the next week he just vanished. There was a lot of speculation that he might he died, but I don't think anyone actually found out for sure what had happened to him.

Regards,

--
    Chris
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    Chris Marriott, SkyMap Software, UK
    e-mail: chris@skymap.com Web site: http://www.skymap.com
    Astronomy software written by astronomers, for astronomers

Dear All, Actually you would not breach copyright laws in Mark's mind. Back in the early nineties Mark sent me two copies and said I could distribute as many copies as I wanted to up to 28. He stated that it wouldn't be worth his while to go legally
    after anyone who simply wanted to use his work

I am just saying

Haynik

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)