• Anti-wheel clamping device

From dboddy.db@gmail.com@21:1/5 to bolta...@boltar.world on Sat Aug 3 08:48:39 2019
    On Wednesday, July 20, 2011 at 2:59:34 PM UTC+1, bolta...@boltar.world wrote:
    On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:51:55 +0100
    "Tim Downie" <timdownie2003@obvious.yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    Chris Hills wrote:
    Does such a thing exist?

I believe the traditional solution is one of these.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamborghini_Countach

Alternatively, fit four of your own *first*. That should make things >difficult for the clampers. ;-)

Its a pity someone hasn't taken an old car, filled it with a few tons of
    lead or concrete and left it in a tow away zone and filmed the tow truck trying to lift it. That would be a laugh :)

B2003

I know of someone that filled their car with all their garden waste and crap they were going to git rid of, in a car that was technically written off before it got towed away by the council for unpaid parking tickets. I think they worked out they saved a
    few hundred plus obviously the debt was then cleared.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Anthony R. Gold@21:1/5 to dboddy.db@gmail.com on Thu Aug 8 01:42:14 2019
    On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 08:48:39 -0700 (PDT), dboddy.db@gmail.com wrote:

Its a pity someone hasn't taken an old car, filled it with a few tons of
    lead or concrete and left it in a tow away zone and filmed the tow truck
    trying to lift it. That would be a laugh :)

B2003

I know of someone that filled their car with all their garden waste and crap they were going to git rid of, in a car that was technically written off before it got towed away by the council for unpaid parking tickets. I think they worked out they saved
    a few hundred plus obviously the debt was then cleared.

I know of someone who replied to an eight year old post.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Commander Kinsey@21:1/5 to Anthony R. Gold on Sun Oct 20 20:52:29 2019
    On Thu, 08 Aug 2019 01:42:14 +0100, Anthony R. Gold <not-for-mail@ahjg.co.uk> wrote:

On Sat, 3 Aug 2019 08:48:39 -0700 (PDT), dboddy.db@gmail.com wrote:

Its a pity someone hasn't taken an old car, filled it with a few tons of >>> lead or concrete and left it in a tow away zone and filmed the tow truck >>> trying to lift it. That would be a laugh :)

B2003

I know of someone that filled their car with all their garden waste and crap they were going to git rid of, in a car that was technically written off before it got towed away by the council for unpaid parking tickets. I think they worked out they
    saved a few hundred plus obviously the debt was then cleared.

I know of someone who replied to an eight year old post.

Is that a social faux pas or something? Who cares? Are wheel clamps a subject which is somehow time sensitive?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05