• Banned Bridlington driver jailed for 12 years after passenger killed wh

From Simon Mason@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 23 08:23:34 2023
    Joshua Hawksworth-Robinson, of Trinity Road, was sentenced at Hull Crown Court on Monday September 25 after he pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving, causing death by driving while disqualified and causing death by driving while uninsured.

Following the result at court, Police Sergeant Rob Mazingham from Humberside Police’s Serious Collision Unit said: “I’d like to start by saying a huge thank you to all officers involved in this case who worked tirelessly to bring an extremely
    dangerous driver to justice.

“Driving 104mph in a 60mph limit, Hawksworth-Robinson was a disqualified driver, uninsured and under the influence of drugs, leading him to lose control and collide with a tree, recklessly killing his front-seat passenger.

“He himself suffered serious, life changing injuries, but that did not stop him discharging himself to evade police for fear of being arrested.

“It was because of the hard work and tenacity of the officers involved, that we were able to swiftly detain Hawksworth-Robinson where he subsequently cooperated, leading to him pleading guilty for all offences.

“While the result at court does not take away pain and suffering inflicted on the victim’s family, I do hope it will give them some comfort in knowing he is behind bars and off the roads so he cannot bring such tragedy onto another family.

“We encourage our communities to report any road traffic offences and dangerous driving to us by calling our non-emergency number 101 or 999 in an emergency, when safe to do so, to help hold reckless and dangerous drivers to account.”

The incident happened in July last year.

You can also submit video evidence of driving offences that you or other members of the public have witnessed via our online reporting tool Op Snap.

Op Snap allows police to effectively deal with the footage recorded by members of the public in a safe and secure way, helping us to progress investigations.

The force added: “We have a determined and robust approach to policing the roads and we’ll take every opportunity to make them safer for everyone.

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/crime/banned-bridlington-driver-jailed-for-12-years-after-passenger-killed-while-he-drove-at-over-100mph-4350503

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to Simon Mason on Mon Oct 23 17:24:54 2023
    On 23/10/2023 04:23 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

Joshua Hawksworth-Robinson, of Trinity Road, was sentenced at Hull Crown Court on Monday September 25 after he pleaded guilty to causing death by dangerous driving, causing death by driving while disqualified and causing death by driving while
    uninsured.

Following the result at court, Police Sergeant Rob Mazingham from Humberside Police’s Serious Collision Unit said: “I’d like to start by saying a huge thank you to all officers involved in this case who worked tirelessly to bring an extremely
    dangerous chav-cyclist to justice.

“Driving 104mph in a 60mph limit, Hawksworth-Robinson was a disqualified driver (ie, a mere chav-cyclist), uninsured and under the influence of drugs, leading him to lose control and collide with a tree, recklessly killing his front-seat passenger.

“He himself suffered serious, life changing injuries, but that did not stop him discharging himself to evade police for fear of being arrested.

“It was because of the hard work and tenacity of the officers involved, that we were able to swiftly detain Hawksworth-Robinson where he subsequently cooperated, leading to him pleading guilty for all offences.

“While the result at court does not take away pain and suffering inflicted on the victim’s family, I do hope it will give them some comfort in knowing he is behind bars and off the roads so he cannot bring such tragedy onto another family.

“We encourage our communities to report any road traffic offences and dangerous driving to us by calling our non-emergency number 101 or 999 in an emergency, when safe to do so, to help hold [other] reckless and dangerous chav-cyclists to account.”

The incident happened in July last year.

You can also submit video evidence of driving offences that you or other members of the public have witnessed via our online reporting tool Op Snap.

Op Snap allows police to effectively deal with the footage recorded by members of the public in a safe and secure way, helping us to progress investigations.

The force added: “We have a determined and robust approach to policing the roads and we’ll take every opportunity to make them safer for everyone.

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/news/crime/banned-bridlington-driver-jailed-for-12-years-after-passenger-killed-while-he-drove-at-over-100mph-4350503

FIFY (again).

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Simon Mason@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 23 10:03:24 2023
    QUOTE: You can also submit video evidence of driving offences that you or other members of the public have witnessed via our online reporting tool Op Snap. ENDS

I'd like to consider myself a pioneer of 20 years in sending in footage of law-breaking drivers to Humberside police - they didn't really know what to do with the videos in those days though. How things have improved greatly since then!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to Simon Mason on Mon Oct 23 21:47:14 2023
    Simon Mason <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
    QUOTE: You can also submit video evidence of driving offences that you or other members of the public have witnessed via our online reporting tool Op Snap. ENDS

I'd like to consider myself a pioneer of 20 years in sending in footage
    of law-breaking drivers to Humberside police - they didn't really know
    what to do with the videos in those days though. How things have improved greatly since then!

Yes the NFA rate is now down to 78% according to figures that you yourself published recently.

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to Simon Mason on Mon Oct 23 23:28:28 2023
    On 23/10/2023 06:03 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

I'd like to consider myself a pioneer of 20 years in sending in footage of law-breaking chav-cyclists to Humberside police - they didn't really know what to do with the videos in those days though. How things have improved greatly since then!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Simon Mason@21:1/5 to Simon Mason on Tue Oct 24 00:30:00 2023
    On Monday, October 23, 2023 at 6:03:26 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:

I'd like to consider myself a pioneer of 20 years in sending in footage of law-breaking drivers to Humberside police - they didn't really know what to do with the videos in those days though. How things have improved greatly since then!

Had about half a dozen illegal scramblers crushed in 15 years. :-0

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to Simon Mason on Tue Oct 24 11:00:17 2023
    QUOTE: You can also submit video evidence of driving offences that you
    or other members of the public have witnessed via our online reporting tool Op Snap. ENDS

what to do with the videos in those days though. How things have
    improved greatly since then!

Ah, the warm glow of petty vindictiveness…irresistible to some.

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Simon Mason@21:1/5 to Simon Mason on Tue Oct 24 04:58:14 2023
    On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 8:30:01 AM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:

Plus plenty of drivers going through no entry signs.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Simon Mason@21:1/5 to Simon Mason on Tue Oct 24 05:11:27 2023
    On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 12:58:15 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:

And in ASLs - look it up.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to Simon Mason on Tue Oct 24 12:02:13 2023

TCCB

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to Spike on Tue Oct 24 14:25:22 2023
    On 24/10/2023 12:00 pm, Spike wrote:

QUOTE: You can also submit video evidence of driving offences that you
    or other members of the public have witnessed via our online reporting tool Op Snap. ENDS

what to do with the videos in those days though. How things have
    improved greatly since then!

Ah, the warm glow of petty vindictiveness…irresistible to some.

With illegal motorcycles - which create a terrible noise nuisance as
    well as obvious danger - May Sun is right for once.

But it's a rarity.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Simon Mason@21:1/5 to Simon Mason on Tue Oct 24 06:33:38 2023

I was even stopped on my ride home for having a "too bright" front light. :-) Badge of honour.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to Simon Mason on Tue Oct 24 15:13:59 2023
    On 24/10/2023 12:58 pm, Simon Mason wrote:

Oh... the absolute IRONY! :-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to Simon Mason on Tue Oct 24 15:15:03 2023
    On 24/10/2023 01:11 pm, Simon Mason wrote:
    On Tuesday, October 24, 2023 at 12:58:15 PM UTC+1, Simon Mason wrote:

And in ASLs - look it up.

No-one cares.

It's totally unimportant, except to obsessive nutters on chav-bikes.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Simon Mason@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 24 10:18:56 2023
    QUOTE: “Driving 104mph in a 60mph limit, Hawksworth-Robinson was a disqualified driver, uninsured and under the influence of drugs, leading him to lose control and collide with a tree, recklessly killing his front-seat passenger. ENDS

Was the tree "lit up like a tree?"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to Simon Mason on Tue Oct 24 20:07:07 2023

QUOTE: “Driving 104mph in a 60mph limit, Hawksworth-Robinson was a disqualified driver, uninsured and under the influence of drugs, leading
    him to lose control and collide with a tree, recklessly killing his front-seat passenger. ENDS

All together now:

What is 104 minus 60?

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Simon Mason@21:1/5 to All on Tue Oct 24 13:30:55 2023
    QUOTE: “Driving 104mph in a 60mph limit, Hawksworth-Robinson was a disqualified driver, uninsured and under the influence of drugs, leading him to lose control and collide with a tree, recklessly killing his front-seat passenger. ENDS

When he retakes his test he needs to drive just like this.
    The examiner will die and Robbo will fail.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to Spike on Fri Oct 27 15:56:49 2023
    On 24/10/2023 09:07 pm, Spike wrote:

QUOTE: “Driving 104mph in a 60mph limit, Hawksworth-Robinson was a
    disqualified driver, uninsured and under the influence of drugs, leading
    him to lose control and collide with a tree, recklessly killing his
    front-seat passenger. ENDS

All together now:

What is 104 minus 60?

:-)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Simon Mason@21:1/5 to All on Fri Oct 27 08:47:59 2023
    QUOTE:
    “While the result at court does not take away pain and suffering inflicted on the victim’s family, I do hope it will give them some comfort in knowing he is behind bars and off the roads so he cannot bring such tragedy onto another family. ENDS

Just make sure this scrote serves his full term.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05