• The Welsh seaside town's tea bike serving up drinks to thirsty locals a

From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 29 05:45:06 2023
    Visitors and locals are enjoying a cuppa and a chat at a seaside hotspot thanks to a young entrepreneur selling mugs of home-made masala chai from a bike. Sally Pierse, 24, launched The Chai Bike in April 2023 with the help of Big Ideas Wales, after
    discovering that the comforting and community yielding powers of tea aren’t limited to a traditional builder’s brew.

Sally first discovered chai while on a trip to India as part of a BA Philosophy degree at the University of York. Alongside attending academic lectures on women’s rights and Ghandi, Sally was invited to the home of a local woman who taught her
    traditional Indian recipes, including masala chai.

Taken by the sense of comfort and welcome she felt in the home of a stranger halfway across the world, Sally was inspired to start a similar initiative back home in Aberystwyth. By choosing to operate completely bilingually through her signage and social
    media, Sally hopes to grow more confident in her Welsh while encouraging her customers to use it more on their day-to-day sightseeing ventures.

Sally’s healthy, home-made chai is stored on an e-cargo bike and Sally encourages visitors to stick around and make themselves at home by serving the spicy tea, made with locally sourced ingredients like Welsh honey, as well as assam tea, dry roasted
    spices and fresh ginger, in ceramic mugs.

Sally said: “At first people are quite taken aback as you only usually drink from ceramic mugs at home or in a café – places we feel at ease. But that’s exactly why I offer them. I want my customers to get comfy, embrace the beauty of Aberystwyth
    and treat these scenic spots like our home – because they are.

“It’s also really satisfying to see people taking sustainability that one step further without realising it. All of my takeaway cups are 100% compostable and, while I still encourage customers to use recyclable and compostable products wherever
    possible, I just think ‘why stop there in my mission to be greener?’ The more single-use cups we can save, the better. There’s always more you can do to live a greener life.”

When she’s not cycling around Aberystwyth hotspots on her e-cargo bike provided by Ceredigion County Council, Sally trades at Aberystwyth Eco Hub initiatives, including Aberystwyth eco-clothes swap and the repair café.

Llinos Price, Business Adviser at Big Ideas Wales said: “It takes a very special businesswoman, with a very contagious energy, to inspire people to stop rushing through life, grab a ceramic mug of chai and put their feet up in Aberystwyth’s most
    scenic spots. Sally is a perfect example of how, by accepting the support that is on offer, you can turn your small dream into a big success. If you take anything from Sally’s story, let it be that we should all appreciate our hometowns and the
    community within them more than ever, and do what we can to help them thrive. Better yet, why not do it in neon pink!”

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/welsh-seaside-towns-tea-bike-27416135

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Peter Keller@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Sat Jul 29 18:57:01 2023
    On 29. 7. 2023 14:45, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
    Visitors and locals are enjoying a cuppa and a chat at a seaside hotspot thanks to a young entrepreneur selling mugs of home-made masala chai from a bike. Sally Pierse, 24, launched The Chai Bike in April 2023 with the help of Big Ideas Wales, after
    discovering that the comforting and community yielding powers of tea aren’t limited to a traditional builder’s brew.

Sally first discovered chai while on a trip to India as part of a BA Philosophy degree at the University of York. Alongside attending academic lectures on women’s rights and Ghandi, Sally was invited to the home of a local woman who taught her
    traditional Indian recipes, including masala chai.

Taken by the sense of comfort and welcome she felt in the home of a stranger halfway across the world, Sally was inspired to start a similar initiative back home in Aberystwyth. By choosing to operate completely bilingually through her signage and
    social media, Sally hopes to grow more confident in her Welsh while encouraging her customers to use it more on their day-to-day sightseeing ventures.

Sally’s healthy, home-made chai is stored on an e-cargo bike and Sally encourages visitors to stick around and make themselves at home by serving the spicy tea, made with locally sourced ingredients like Welsh honey, as well as assam tea, dry roasted
    spices and fresh ginger, in ceramic mugs.

Sally said: “At first people are quite taken aback as you only usually drink from ceramic mugs at home or in a café – places we feel at ease. But that’s exactly why I offer them. I want my customers to get comfy, embrace the beauty of
    Aberystwyth and treat these scenic spots like our home – because they are.

“It’s also really satisfying to see people taking sustainability that one step further without realising it. All of my takeaway cups are 100% compostable and, while I still encourage customers to use recyclable and compostable products wherever
    possible, I just think ‘why stop there in my mission to be greener?’ The more single-use cups we can save, the better. There’s always more you can do to live a greener life.”

When she’s not cycling around Aberystwyth hotspots on her e-cargo bike provided by Ceredigion County Council, Sally trades at Aberystwyth Eco Hub initiatives, including Aberystwyth eco-clothes swap and the repair café.

Llinos Price, Business Adviser at Big Ideas Wales said: “It takes a very special businesswoman, with a very contagious energy, to inspire people to stop rushing through life, grab a ceramic mug of chai and put their feet up in Aberystwyth’s most
    scenic spots. Sally is a perfect example of how, by accepting the support that is on offer, you can turn your small dream into a big success. If you take anything from Sally’s story, let it be that we should all appreciate our hometowns and the
    community within them more than ever, and do what we can to help them thrive. Better yet, why not do it in neon pink!”

https://www.dailypost.co.uk/news/north-wales-news/welsh-seaside-towns-tea-bike-27416135

At last a positive post signalling some of the joys of bicycling and
    getting out into the open air, in contrast to the overwhelming majority
    of posts by cynical grumpy old men always shoving responsibility for
    their misfortunes onto others.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Peter Keller on Sat Jul 29 10:01:46 2023
    On Saturday, July 29, 2023 at 5:57:04 PM UTC+1, Peter Keller wrote:

In the UK, we call them gammons or Brexit voters.

https://wp.inews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/Screen-Shot-2018-05-14-at-14.57.15.png

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to Peter Keller on Sat Jul 29 19:02:50 2023
    On 29/07/2023 05:57 pm, Peter Keller wrote:

On 29. 7. 2023 14:45, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Visitors and locals are enjoying a cuppa and a chat at a seaside
    hotspot thanks to a young entrepreneur selling mugs of home-made
    masala chai from a bike. Sally Pierse, 24, launched The Chai Bike in
    April 2023 with the help of Big Ideas Wales, after discovering that
    the comforting and community yielding powers of tea aren’t limited to
    a traditional builder’s brew.

This could well be a problem for Wales.

The Welsh Assembly's definition of a Big Idea is someone selling tea
    from a bike.

What else? Ging door to door offering to sharpen knives and shears?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to Peter Keller on Sat Jul 29 11:36:32 2023

They still move among us.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/01/article-2334312-1A18554F000005DC-566_634x423.jpg

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 30 00:00:55 2023
    On 29/07/2023 07:36 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

They still move among us.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/06/01/article-2334312-1A18554F000005DC-566_634x423.jpg

That's YOUR lot, isn't it?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jul 29 23:18:21 2023
    The youth wing of the gammon Brextards.

https://leftcom.org/files/styles/galleryformatter_slide/public/2010-09-15-english-defence-league.jpg?itok=QB8LScf3

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 30 08:53:14 2023
    swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
    The youth wing of the gammon Brextards.

https://leftcom.org/files/styles/galleryformatter_slide/public/2010-09-15-english-defence-league.jpg?itok=QB8LScf3

Your lot lost, because of an ineffective campaign.

Get over it.

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Sun Jul 30 03:25:19 2023
    POOR THICK ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT HE WAS VOTING FOR. :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘I voted for Brexit and was told it wouldn’t affect "expats" – now I can’t live in my £13,000 Italian house’
    Greg Walter, from Winchester, says he feels betrayed as he and his partner are struggling to get visas to live in Italy.

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/brexit-voted-wouldnt-affect-expats-cant-live-italian-house-2508493?fbclid=IwAR2tD94e1lwHJsp3SSEzJ08eHdbp8bRvNAfuFjIbL0DXl4mFeI4dk0GZSmA

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 30 10:54:34 2023
    swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

‘I voted for Brexit and was told it wouldn’t affect "expats" – now I can’t live in my £13,000 Italian house’
    Greg Walter, from Winchester, says he feels betrayed as he and his
    partner are struggling to get visas to live in Italy.

https://inews.co.uk/news/world/brexit-voted-wouldnt-affect-expats-cant-live-italian-house-2508493?fbclid=IwAR2tD94e1lwHJsp3SSEzJ08eHdbp8bRvNAfuFjIbL0DXl4mFeI4dk0GZSmA

They haven’t yet worked out that in order to get something done in Italy,
    you need to bribe the right official…

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Sun Jul 30 05:23:17 2023
    On Sunday, July 30, 2023 at 11:25:21 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Greg Walter, from Winchester, says he feels betrayed as he and his partner are struggling to get visas to live in Italy.

ChadCMulligan · 28/07/2023 19:08
    Things which I will always find funny.
    Slapstick and brexiters being hoisted on their own petard

ilovesooty · 28/07/2023 19:08
    It's behind a pay wall, but if he voted without researching properly I can't be remotely sympathetic.

tt9 · 28/07/2023 19:04
    such tragedy... my heart breaks

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05