• Widow of cyclist killed by dangerous driver says her life was 'torn apa

From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 5 10:41:45 2023
    The widow of a cyclist who was killed by a dangerous driver has told how her life was "torn apart" by her husband's death. Dad-of-two Martyn Gall was hit by a car as he rode near Alvechurch in Worcestershire on November 14, 2020.

The keen cyclist was pronounced dead a short time later. Friend James Middleton, who was also struck by the car, miraculously survived the crash - but was left with life-changing injuries.

Reckless driver Sania Shabbir, of Dale Road, Redditch, was sentenced to four-and-a-half years behind bars on June 14 after admitting death by dangerous driving. The 27-year-old had initially pleading not guilty, but later changed her plea on the day her
    trial was due to start.

Widow Diane Gall said 41-year-old Martyn meant "everything" to all of his family, reports the Daily Record. "The day Martyn died, the lives of all of his family and friends were ripped apart," said the mum.

"Martyn was everything to all of us, especially me, his wife, and our daughters who lost their dad aged just 15 and 17, when their lives had been full of hope for the future. Instead their world imploded and we're only starting to try to pick up the
    pieces."

Diane added that three years on there remained a "massive Martyn-shaped hole" in her life which would "never go". On Shabbir's sentencing, the mum said she wished the driver had "spared" her the distress of a lengthy court process by admitting her guilt
    immediately after the fatal crash.

She said: "There had to be justice for Martyn’s death. I am an educator, I teach children the same thing that Martyn and I taught our daughters – to tell the truth and take responsibility, no matter how hard that is."

Diane vowed to continue working with charity RoadPeace on campaigns for safer roads. She added: "I just want to say to all drivers that every day people are killed on the roads; just think about that and don’t be the person whose driving destroys lives.
    "

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/widow-cyclist-killed-dangerous-driver-27258570

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)