• Hertfordshire county councillor urges cyclists to help shape cycling in

From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 5 04:11:01 2023
    Keen bicycle riders are being urged to attend a meeting on Friday which will help shape the future of cycling in Bishop’s Stortford.

A training workshop is being held for “passionate cyclists” to have an input in designing a Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan (LCWIP) in collaboration with Hertfordshire County Council and East Herts Council.

Cllr Graham McAndrew, county council member for Bishop’s Stortford Rural and deputy executive member environment, said: “We're seeking enthusiastic cyclists and cycling organisations to join us on this incredible journey.

“By participating, you'll have a direct impact on shaping the future of cycling infrastructure in our area.”

Council chiefs agreed the LCWIP in March, but campaigners complained it was long overdue. The aim is to enable a long-term approach to improving networks in the district for cyclists and pedestrians.

For more details on the workshop contact graham.mcandrew@hertfordshire.gov.uk. A training workshop also will be held on Thursday for councillors

https://www.bishopsstortfordindependent.co.uk/news/cyclists-urged-to-join-incredible-journey-by-councillor-9319917/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 5 11:33:31 2023
    Keen bicycle riders are being urged to attend a meeting on Friday which
    will help shape the future of cycling in Bishop’s Stortford.

A training workshop is being held for “passionate cyclists” to have an input in designing a Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan
    (LCWIP) in collaboration with Hertfordshire County Council and East Herts Council.

<snip>

Has anyone noticed that in the rush to get the ‘Local Cycling and Walking Infrastructure Plan’ in motion, only ‘passionate cyclists’ have been asked
    for input?

Where are ‘the passionate walkers’ in this one-sided exercise? [Rhetorical question]

https://www.bishopsstortfordindependent.co.uk/news/cyclists-urged-to-join-incredible-journey-by-councillor-9319917/

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed Jul 5 05:00:26 2023
    QUOTE: Keen bicycle riders are being urged to attend a meeting on Friday which will help shape the future of cycling in Bishop’s Stortford. ENDS

I'll help for £50 an hour, plus travelling expenses.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Wed Jul 5 05:05:06 2023
    On Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 1:00:28 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
    QUOTE: Keen bicycle riders are being urged to attend a meeting on Friday which will help shape the future of cycling in Bishop’s Stortford. ENDS

My last job as a laboratory contractor paid me £20 an hour for travelling.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Wed Jul 5 12:03:20 2023
    swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

So you’ll help only if they stuff your mouth with gold?

What a keen cyclist you are.

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Wed Jul 5 15:10:32 2023
    On 05/07/2023 01:05 pm, swldx...@gmail.com [the Chief Chav] wrote:

On Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 1:00:28 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com [the well-known janitorial expert] wrote:

QUOTE: Keen chav-bicycle riders are being urged to attend a meeting on Friday which will help shape the future of chav-cycling in Bishop’s Stortford. ENDS

But you had to provide your own mops, buckets and economy-size packets
    of Flash, didn't you?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Wed Jul 5 08:20:07 2023
    On Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 1:05:08 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
    On Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 1:00:28 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

It shut down after I left - same time as BP sold Saltend to INEOS.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05