• Bike Camper With Retro Flair

From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 23 21:54:01 2023
    As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, thoughts naturally turn toward road trips. While most people do this in their car, the [Dangie Bros] built a 500 lb bike camper for their own take on the great American Road Trip.

Taking a maximalist approach not seen in most bike campers, this behemoth has a working sink, propane stove, seating area, and an upstairs sleeping area. A small window in the front of the camper opens to let the passenger inside converse with the person
    pedaling, and a solar panel charges a small battery for lights and a roof fan.

While the camper is very ’70s retro-chic, its lack of assist (other than the passenger getting out to push) meant that on the second day of their road trip they resorted to towing the camper behind a second bike in a pseudo-tandem arrangement. The fold
    out bed takes some design cues from RVs, but clearly needed more reinforcement since it collapsed partway through the night. With an e-assist and some refinements, this could be comfortable (albeit slow) way to go bike glamping.

If you’d like to try your own hand at a bike camper but do it more aerodynamically and attached to an assisted bike, checkout this teardrop trailer or this bike camper.

https://hackaday.com/2023/05/23/bike-camper-with-retro-flair/

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Wed May 24 14:31:06 2023
    On 24/05/2023 05:54 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, thoughts naturally turn toward road trips. While most people do this in their car, the [Dangie Bros] built a 500 lb bike camper for their own take on the great American Road Trip.

How many thousands of miles are they going to do on the chav-cycle?

Taking a maximalist approach not seen in most chav-bike campers, this behemoth has a working sink, propane stove, seating area, and an upstairs sleeping area. A small window in the front of the camper opens to let the passenger inside converse with the
    person pedaling, and a solar panel charges a small battery for lights and a roof fan.

While the camper is very ’70s retro-chic, its lack of assist (other than the passenger getting out to push) meant that on the second day of their road trip they resorted to towing the camper behind a second chav-bike in a pseudo-tandem arrangement.
    The fold out bed takes some design cues from RVs, but clearly needed more reinforcement since it collapsed partway through the night. With an e-assist and some refinements, this could be comfortable (albeit slow) way to go chav-bike glamping.

If you’d like to try your own hand at a chav-bike camper but do it more aerodynamically and attached to an assisted fairy-bike, checkout this teardrop trailer or this chav-bike camper.

https://hackaday.com/2023/05/23/bike-camper-with-retro-flair/

The circus is in town, lads.

Coco and Mad Mason can't be far behind.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Wed May 24 08:23:51 2023
    QUOTE: As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, thoughts naturally turn toward road trip. ENDS

Indeed - I have booked a trip on the Hull - Europoort ferry to see our friends all over the EU.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Wed May 24 08:49:16 2023
    On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 4:23:53 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
    QUOTE: As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, thoughts naturally turn toward road trip. ENDS

Indeed - I have booked a trip on the Hull - Europoort ferry to see our friends all over the EU.

Nasty Germans have made me pay for a "ULEZ" charge green sticker for valid most cities.
    Cost me £3 and lasts for as long as I own the car.
    Might go crying to GBeebies about unfair it all is.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Wed May 24 15:27:17 2023
    swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

See if one of your friends can take you in, then you can enjoy living in
    your paradise.

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Wed May 24 16:06:48 2023
    QUOTE: As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere,
    thoughts naturally turn toward road trip. ENDS

Indeed - I have booked a trip on the Hull - Europoort ferry to see our
    friends all over the EU.

Nasty Germans have made me pay for a "ULEZ" charge green sticker for valid most cities.

All the more reason to stay there.

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to Spike on Wed May 24 17:08:52 2023
    On 24/05/2023 04:27 pm, Spike wrote:

QUOTE: As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere,
    thoughts naturally turn toward road trip. ENDS

Indeed - I have booked a trip on the Hull - Europoort ferry to see our
    friends all over the EU.

See if one of your friends can take you in, then you can enjoy living in
    your paradise.

He's already been taken in.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Wed May 24 17:09:23 2023
    On 24/05/2023 04:49 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Ask Khan if he'll do the same.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Simon Mason@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Wed May 24 09:42:46 2023
    On Wednesday, 24 May 2023 at 16:49:18 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

I have to pay to use several motorway networks as well.
    UNFAIR!

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05