• Van driver narrowly avoids hitting cyclist, yells "f*** off" at Jeremy

From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 16 05:47:44 2023
    Jeremy Vine has shared footage of a van driver in London swinging across the middle of the road ahead of an oncoming cyclist while making a left turn and then shouting "f*** off" out the window when the BBC and Channel 5 broadcaster acknowledged the
    driving.

Vine, whose Twitter videos of incidents and near misses while cycling around the English capital have racked up millions of views, attention from national newspapers and thousands of replies and likes, was tempted to confront the driver, but decided he "
    quite fancied getting home alive", instead laughing with a group of passing youngsters.

In the footage, shot in Fulham, the driver can be seen making a left turn, crossing the white line in the middle of the road as a cyclist approaches the turning, no more than a few metres ahead of the front of the van.

As both parties swerve away from a near-collision, Vine exclaims: "Ooh, wow" and is met by a shout of "F*** off" from the van's driver who then stops further up the road.

Taking in the scene, Vine is told: "It's alright, boss, you're in the right" by one of the three teenagers walking by, who the Radio 2 presenter then tells: "It could be dangerous. He seems like the sort of guy who might not come to my birthday party".

"Crikey. I was about to have a word with this van driver, and then decided I quite fancied getting home alive," he concluded on Twitter.
    Two weeks ago a courier who called Vine a "p***k" while crossing the road in west London was suspended from work while his employer investigates.

The 50-year-old man, named as Tony in an interview with the Mail, was filmed crossing the road in front of Vine — as the broadcaster rounded a van stopped in a bike lane.

As Vine passed, continuing his ride through Hammersmith, the man turned around, saying "Vine you p***k" before some other inaudible dialogue.

The warehouse worker later insisted he did not regret anything and "called him a p***k because he was acting like one" and claiming that the presenter had almost hit him. Vine subsequently shared a second camera angle raising doubt about how close the
    apparent collision had been.

https://road.cc/content/news/van-driver-yells-f-jeremy-vine-301275

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Tue May 16 14:12:44 2023
    On 16/05/2023 01:47 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Jeremy Vine has shared footage of a van driver in London swinging across the middle of the road ahead of an oncoming cyclist while making a left turn and then shouting "f*** off" out the window when the BBC and Channel 5 broadcaster acknowledged the
    driving.

Vine, whose Twitter videos of incidents and near misses while cycling around the English capital have racked up millions of views, attention from national newspapers and thousands of replies and likes, was tempted to confront the driver, but decided he
    "quite fancied getting home alive", instead laughing with a group of passing youngsters.

In the footage, shot in Fulham, the driver can be seen making a left turn, crossing the white line in the middle of the road as a cyclist approaches the turning, no more than a few metres ahead of the front of the van.

As both parties swerve away from a near-collision, Vine exclaims: "Ooh, wow" and is met by a shout of "F*** off" from the van's driver who then stops further up the road.

Taking in the scene, Vine is told: "It's alright, boss, you're in the right" by one of the three teenagers walking by, who the Radio 2 presenter then tells: "It could be dangerous. He seems like the sort of guy who might not come to my birthday party".

"Crikey. I was about to have a word with this van driver, and then decided I quite fancied getting home alive," he concluded on Twitter.
    Two weeks ago a courier who called Vine a "p***k" while crossing the road in west London was suspended from work while his employer investigates.

The 50-year-old man, named as Tony in an interview with the Mail, was filmed crossing the road in front of Vine — as the broadcaster rounded a van stopped in a bike lane.

As Vine passed, continuing his ride through Hammersmith, the man turned around, saying "Vine you p***k" before some other inaudible dialogue.

The warehouse worker later insisted he did not regret anything and "called him a p***k because he was acting like one" and claiming that the presenter had almost hit him. Vine subsequently shared a second camera angle raising doubt about how close
    the apparent collision had been.

https://road.cc/content/news/van-driver-yells-f-jeremy-vine-301275

Well... yes...

Pedestrians are the lowest of the low as far as chav-cyclists are
    concerned, aren't they? Their safety is of absolutely no consequence to
    a typical chav-on-a-bike, whether on the footway, crossing the
    carriageway or even on a footpath away from a road and fitted with
    chav-bike obstacles.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 16 08:25:11 2023
    Stevearafprice wrote:

Drivers shouting abuse after being dick heads is pretty normal. I nearly got doored by a distracted passenger outside the local kids football club where every bugger parks on the cycle lane [ sanctioned by the council and police in Walsall ] , I
    suggested they park somewhere other than the CL , "fuck off " came the reply.... yeah... and you mate.

I think that translates as "How DARE you criticise my driving?!"

It doesn't actually matter how badly they are driving: a lot of people think that the British Way is to (pretend to) ignore the bad behaviour of others ("Somebody Else's Problem"

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From JNugent@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Tue May 16 17:36:51 2023
    On 16/05/2023 04:25 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

Stevearafprice wrote:

Drivers shouting abuse after being dick heads is pretty normal. I nearly got doored by a distracted passenger outside the local kids football club where every bugger parks on the chav-cycle lane [ sanctioned by the council and police in Walsall ] ,
    I suggested they park somewhere other than the CL , "fuck off " came the reply.... yeah... and you mate.

That's the sort of reply that you chavs understand, though, innit?

I think that translates as "How DARE you criticise my driving?!"

The passenger was driving?

Are you feeling even less compos mentis than usual?

It doesn't actually matter how badly they are driving: a lot of people think that the British Way is to (pretend to) ignore the bad behaviour of others ("Somebody Else's Problem"

All these passengers driving badly... the mind boggles.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 16 10:02:47 2023
    QUOTE: Taking in the scene, Vine is told: "It's alright, boss, you're in the right" by one of the three teenagers walking by. ENDS

Clever kids, these teenagers:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwQ9e5UWAA4y3-v?format=jpg&name=small

The future is in safe hands.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Tue May 16 18:48:57 2023
    swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
    Stevearafprice wrote:

Drivers shouting abuse after being dick heads is pretty normal. I
    nearly got doored by a distracted passenger outside the local kids
    football club where every bugger parks on the cycle lane [ sanctioned by
    the council and police in Walsall ] , I suggested they park somewhere
    other than the CL , "fuck off " came the reply.... yeah... and you mate.

Your Starter for Ten:

What vehicle was being used when the famous instruction “Get out of my ******* way I’m not stopping!” was shouted?

For another ten points:

Name the victim.

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Spike@21:1/5 to swldx...@gmail.com on Tue May 16 18:53:15 2023
    swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
    QUOTE: Taking in the scene, Vine is told: "It's alright, boss, you're in
    the right" by one of the three teenagers walking by. ENDS

Clever kids, these teenagers:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwQ9e5UWAA4y3-v?format=jpg&name=small

The future is in safe hands.

Being teenagers, I suspect that the only things in their hands are their iPhones and sex organs.

Unfortunately, young people grow old, and in between learn that politicians
    are liars. That’s why they change their simplistic views - because they don’t fit the real world.

--
    Spike

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From swldxer1958@gmail.com@21:1/5 to All on Tue May 16 11:59:53 2023
    brooksby | 11506 posts | 6 hours ago
    7 likes

Why, it's almost as if Jeremy expected that van driver to slow down and negotiate the corner carefully...

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05