• =?UTF-8?B?Q2FyIGZvciDCozc1MDA=?=

From RJH@21:1/5 to All on Sat Jun 11 07:19:46 2022
    A mate is after a car for £7500 - his first for 30 years. He doesn't seems to have much interest - just needs it to visit and transport elderly relatives about 250 miles away, and it must be ULEZ compliant (basically, I think, post 2015 diesel, 2005 petrol). Running costs will be a concern but he's OK for money on the whole.

I'd probably go for as new a medium sized diesel estate as I could afford - something like an Octavia - avoiding starship miles but 100,000 would be OK. But I've been out of the loop with all of this for a while . . .

Any recommendations? Or, what would you buy?

--
    Cheers, Rob

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Dave Plowman (News)@21:1/5 to RJH on Sun Jun 12 12:24:56 2022
    In article <t81fmi$ru4$1@dont-email.me>,
    RJH <patchmoney@gmx.com> wrote:
    A mate is after a car for £7500 - his first for 30 years. He doesn't seems to have much interest - just needs it to visit and transport elderly relatives about 250 miles away, and it must be ULEZ compliant (basically, I think, post 2015 diesel, 2005 petrol). Running costs will be a concern but he's OK for money on the whole.

I'd probably go for as new a medium sized diesel estate as I could afford - something like an Octavia - avoiding starship miles but 100,000 would be OK. But I've been out of the loop with all of this for a while . . .

Any recommendations? Or, what would you buy?

I'm wondering when all the diesels with Bosch injection (which is fiddled
    to pass the Euro emissions test) are finally banned. If the ULEZ is really meant to reduce emissions, rather than just a money making exercise.

--
    *If you don't like the news, go out and make some.

Dave Plowman dave@davenoise.co.uk London SW
    To e-mail, change noise into sound.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)