• Is it realistic to use a van/car as your main station for QRP CW?

From Civil_Assistance@photographer.net@21:1/5 to All on Thu Oct 14 17:36:50 2021
    X-No-Archive: Yes

I am thinking of investing on a van/camper van for personal and business reasons. I would also one day use my van as my home, at least a few days a week, one of the reasons being that I am not allowed to erect antennas at my current location.

Is it realistic to operate low-power CW from a mobile location? My target bands would be 40, 30 and 20 metres. I don't expect top performance, but half decent QSO's. Do these small stick antennas actually work? My setup should be as stealth as possible.

Any input, however brutally honest, will be appreciated.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jim GM4DHJ ...@21:1/5 to Civil_Assistance@photographer.net on Thu Oct 14 22:32:13 2021
    On 14/10/2021 16:36, Civil_Assistance@photographer.net wrote:

I am thinking of investing on a van/camper van for personal and business reasons. I would also one day use my van as my home, at least a few days a week, one of the reasons being that I am not allowed to erect antennas at my current location.

Is it realistic to operate low-power CW from a mobile location? My target bands would be 40, 30 and 20 metres. I don't expect top performance, but half decent QSO's. Do these small stick antennas actually work? My setup should be as stealth as possible.

Go for a base loaded 2m lomg Diamond, Mandol or Comet whip they work
    great for me mobile or on my static caraven ....nothing bigger
    required.....

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From RustyHinge@21:1/5 to Civil_Assistance@photographer.net on Fri Oct 15 05:35:13 2021
    On 14/10/2021 16:36, Civil_Assistance@photographer.net wrote:

No problems, especially with CW.

--
    Rusty Hinge
    To err is human. To really foul things up requires a computer and the BOFH.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05