• Boy who kidnapped & tortured 13 y.o.boy in 1995 is suspected of tor

From Susan Cohen@21:1/5 to valkillslyme@gmail.com on Sat Jun 5 15:55:53 2021
    XPost: alt.true-crime

On Sat, 5 Jun 2021 12:29:24 -0700 (PDT), Valerie Dahl
    <valkillslyme@gmail.com> wrote:

On Wednesday, October 15, 1997 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Joe1orbit wrote:
    Hello,
    Over in Wisconsin, a 19 year old fellow named Joseph Clark has been ordered >> by a judge to pay $21 million dollars in damages to a 13 year old boy that he
    kidnapped and took to his home. Joseph deliberately broke both of Thaddius >> Phillips's legs, then tortured him by stomping down on the broken legs. He >> also bit the boy, and locked him in a closet. After being held captive for >> nearly two days, Thaddius was able to drag himself down the stairs and use a >> telephone to call police for help.
    This incident occured in July of 1995, so Joseph was probably only 17 years >> old when he kinapped and tortured this boy, who was apparently 13 years old at
    the time of the abduction. Joseph was found guilty last year of attempted
    first degree murder and other charges, in this case. But it was until the day
    before yesterday that the judge imposed this 21 million dollar against Joseph.
    Joseph is penniless and serving a 40 year prison sentence for last year's
    conviction. But this pathetically moralistic judge still imposed a 21 million
    judgement agaionst Joseph, declaring that due to the "infamy" of the case, it
    is possible that "media coverage", I.E. the writing of a book or making of a >> movie about the case, might result in Joseph making some money.
    I think the entire "Son of Sam" law is OUTRAGEOUS. When a person commits a >> violent crime, your society should be allowed to seek ONE form of punishment >> against him. EITHER a prison term, OR a monetary fine. But NOT both things >> together, ESPECIALLY not when the criminal did not take or steal any money >> from his victim.
    In this case, 17 year old Joseph kidnapped & tortured 13 year old Thaddius. >> Is it fair for the judge to declare that Joseph should have to pay the ACTUAL
    medical bills that 13 year old Thaddius incurred as a result of Joseph
    breaking his legs? Yes, that is fair. The amount of money would be less than >> $20,000, I'm sure, in total medical expenses. So, a judgement against Joseph >> for that amount of money would have been fair and logical. But 21 million
    dollars? That is INSANE. There should be NO "punitive" money damages awarded,
    in any case where the defendent is ALSO sentenced to prison......

Judge Virginia Wolfe wrote.

Clark is also to stand trial in the death of 14-year-old Christian Steiner, >> whose body was found in 1994 in the Wisconsin River. His legs were broken. >> Steiner's death was considered accidental until Clark was accused of torturing Phillips.
    AP-NY-10-14-97 >----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So many inaccuracies. Thad's body was so damaged that he required many surgeries over the next few years. $20k wouldn't cover more than one of those. Joe Clark's victim, Thad, was kidnapped and abused in monstrous ways over 2 days. This kidnapper's plan
    was to hold him longer so he could inflict even more pain on Thad by breaking even more bones than the many he already had. During the 2 days, he also broke the boy's ribs by jumping on them, causing life-threatening internal bleeding. Of course, this
    was after inflicting similar injuries a year before on a boy he murdered by throwing the broken-up kid in a river (broken legs, arms, and more make it impossible to swim to save yourself.)

Those who believe both prison AND a fine to be paid if he profited from his brutality are too much punishment. In fact, too much punishment for this deranged murderer that his sentencing judge is said to be "pathetically moralistic". Joe Clark is a
    prime example of why decades imprisoned should be followed by a large fine hanging over his head. He could still write a book such as "Why I love Breaking Bones; Confessions of a kidnapper, torture expert, and murderer". If he did, then certainly every
    penny should go to the victim(s).

I prefer to live in a world where sickos like Clark are locked tightly away from the rest of society. And, if he ever gets paroled from 100 years +life, good luck surviving on nothing. Appropriate, considering the lifetime of pain, agony and grief he
    left in the wake of his crimes.

I'm new to this case and am wondering, were these boys White? If so,
    lock Joseph Clark in the deepest throes of Millhaven Institution for
    eternity and allow him to be a rape toy for all the negro inmates. Now
    if these were colored boys or indians, I say 5 years probation with
    some community service would suffice, Justice must be served

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)