• Re: Cottaging - Anthony Charles Lynton Blair (Tony Blair, former PM of

From Arlene Threfall@21:1/5 to Chris Holland on Sun Jan 2 05:28:51 2022
    On Friday, 2 April 2021 at 14:10:06 UTC+1, Chris Holland wrote:
    It is, of course, a beautiful story and as a lifelong Tory I'd dearly love for it to be true. Unfortunately pesky facts get in the way away that would clearly impugn upon the veracity of the tale. At the time of the alleged offence/court appearance,
    Blair was actually in the Young Conservatives and hadn't yet come up with his clever plan to infiltrate the Labour Party. He wasn't even a member of the Labour Party at the time and wasn't standing for election as an MP, and so was unlikely to have been
    standing in the dock in front of the Bow Street beaks.

whilst doubting this "cottoning Blair ", narrative myself one thing I do know is that Blair joined the Labour Party in 1975

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Sysadmin@21:1/5 to Arlene Threfall on Tue Jan 4 05:38:30 2022
    On Sun, 02 Jan 2022 05:28:51 -0800, Arlene Threfall wrote:

It is, of course, a beautiful story and as a lifelong Tory I'd dearly
    love for it to be true. Unfortunately pesky facts get in the way away
    that would clearly impugn upon the veracity of the tale. At the time of
    the alleged offence/court appearance, Blair was actually in the Young
    Conservatives and hadn't yet come up with his clever plan to infiltrate
    the Labour Party. He wasn't even a member of the Labour Party at the
    time and wasn't standing for election as an MP, and so was unlikely to
    have been standing in the dock in front of the Bow Street beaks.

whilst doubting this "cottoning Blair ", narrative myself one thing I do
    know is that Blair joined the Labour Party in 1975

I read this article: 'He was charged and appeared in court at Bow Street Magistrates Court for importunity in a public toilet with another male. He tried to get sexual favour from the other man; little did he know that the toilet was being watched by police. Blair was fined £500, and walked away
    with nobody knowing who he really was as he used his middle names to cover
    who he was. Charles Lynton is the name used, and his friends in court
    got him off with a fine, because he is one of them.'

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Noel Eye@21:1/5 to Chris Holland on Fri Jan 7 09:32:09 2022
    On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 3:10:06 PM UTC+2, Chris Holland wrote:
    It is, of course, a beautiful story and as a lifelong Tory I'd dearly love for it to be true. Unfortunately pesky facts get in the way away that would clearly impugn upon the veracity of the tale. At the time of the alleged offence/court appearance,
    Blair was actually in the Young Conservatives and hadn't yet come up with his clever plan to infiltrate the Labour Party. He wasn't even a member of the Labour Party at the time and wasn't standing for election as an MP, and so was unlikely to have been

Is it obligatory for people arrested for indecent behaviour to be standing for election before the courts will deal with them?

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Noel Eye@21:1/5 to Chris Holland on Fri Jan 7 09:29:25 2022
    On Friday, April 2, 2021 at 3:10:06 PM UTC+2, Chris Holland wrote:

I don't see the relevance of what his political views were at the time. Why do you think that 'the Bow Street Beaks' are only interested in prosecuting people who are standing for election? I'd suggest that your muddled thinking fits perfectly with
    your political views.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From VinniethePanda@21:1/5 to Arlene Threfall on Thu Aug 18 09:26:45 2022
    On Sunday, 2 January 2022 at 13:28:53 UTC, Arlene Threfall wrote:
    whilst doubting this "cottoning Blair ", narrative myself one thing I do know is that Blair joined the Labour Party in 1975

Cottaging.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05