• Re: Light meter app on iPad?

From whisky-dave@21:1/5 to David Brooks on Wed Nov 16 05:50:47 2022
    On Wednesday, 16 November 2022 at 12:45:17 UTC, David Brooks wrote:
    On 16/11/2022 11:36, John Hill wrote:
    On 15 Nov 2022 at 16:06:42 GMT, "sobriquet" <dohd...@yahoo.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, November 15, 2022 at 4:22:03 PM UTC+1, John Hill wrote:
    Is there a light meter app for the iPad? I can't find anything in the Apple
    App Store.

Searching the app store is probably working best if you know the name of a >> particular app.
    So best to search at google first.. just search for "light meter app iPad" and
    you get lots of
    suggestions.

https://www.photoworkout.com/best-light-meter-apps/

Maybe it's technically impossible, for some reason. It's something for >>> which I would have thought there was a demand. Similar to a sound level >>> meter, which I already have.

John.

I see what you mean!

I've had a look at them, and the one that comes nearest is to my simple needs
    is probably LUX. But many of the reviews are very negative, and it gets a poor
    overall rating.

I realise that people are more likely to report difficulties than satisfaction, but there are reports ranging from "it doesn't work" through "it's inconsistent" and 'it's wildly inaccurate" to 'it's almost impossible to
    use unless you pay".

Some of the others appear to be free, but have hidden subscriptions - I'm not
    falling for that!

I think I'd better think it out again.

John.
    For what would you use such a light meter if there WAS one, John?

Yes that's an important point, I've used "light meter" but all I wanted to do was
    geta rough idea of the amount of light at differtn times of day and under artifical light conditions
    to see how an old solar panel would perform under those conditions.

I've often wonder if theres a photographic version like we used for photography back in the
    days before we had in-biult light meters in camera and how they'd compare

--
    David

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From SM@21:1/5 to John Hill on Wed Nov 16 15:13:29 2022
    On 15 Nov 2022 at 15:22:02 GMT, "John Hill" <yclept@outlook.com> wrote:

Is there a light meter app for the iPad? I can't find anything in the Apple App Store.

Maybe it's technically impossible, for some reason. It's something for
    which I would have thought there was a demand. Similar to a sound level meter, which I already have.

I've used Cine Meter on iPhones and just confirmed that it works on my iPad. The app is decveloped by Adam Wilt who knows what he's about.

The current version is Cine Meter II at £22

--
    Cheers, Stuart

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)