• OCLP Issues

From Alan B@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 24 08:39:15 2024
    I mentioned that a few weeks ago I installed the latest version of OCLP on my 2017 Intel MBA 7.2 currently on Monterey in an attempt to install Sonoma. Unfortunately there is no support for my 43xx wireless card which is not ideal for laptops! I've tried now an older version of OCLP (1.4.2) which may support 43xx (?) but it just stops when attempting to create a suitable Sonoma USB installer. This has happened a couple of times so I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues. As suggested previously maybe I'll just have to wait for a newer version of OCLP that supports my wireless card.

--
    Cheers, Alan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Alan B@21:1/5 to All on Mon Jun 24 11:34:33 2024
    On 24 Jun 2024 at 09:39:15 BST, "Alan B" <alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

I mentioned that a few weeks ago I installed the latest version of OCLP on my 2017 Intel MBA 7.2 currently on Monterey in an attempt to install Sonoma. Unfortunately there is no support for my 43xx wireless card which is not ideal
    for laptops! I've tried now an older version of OCLP (1.4.2) which may support
    43xx (?) but it just stops when attempting to create a suitable Sonoma USB installer. This has happened a couple of times so I'm wondering if anyone else
    has had similar issues. As suggested previously maybe I'll just have to wait for a newer version of OCLP that supports my wireless card.

Success - third time lucky! And what's more WiFi works :) Presumably I should NOT apply the Sonona 14.6 update rumoured to be avialble later today? Also is the installer that OCLP creates any different to the one you can create using the Sonoma App and the createinstallmedia command?

--
    Cheers, Alan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan B@21:1/5 to Jaimie Vandenbergh on Mon Jun 24 15:02:50 2024
    Jaimie Vandenbergh <jaimie@usually.sessile.org> wrote:

On 24 Jun 2024 at 12:34:33 BST, "Alan B" wrote:
    Success - third time lucky!
    What's more WiFi works :) Presumably I should NOT apply the Sonona 14.6 update rumoured to be avialble later today? Also is the installer that
    OCLP creates any different to the one you can create using the Sonoma
    App and the createinstallmedia command?

Never install raw updates after OCLP, and yes it's significantly different with a pile of extra drivers and the supporting scripting/prefs to allow
    them to run.

I've turned off auto-updates so hopefully I won't fall into that trap.
    Thanks for your advice :)

--
    Cheers, Alan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Jaimie Vandenbergh@21:1/5 to alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid on Mon Jun 24 13:25:56 2024
    On 24 Jun 2024 at 12:34:33 BST, "Alan B"
    <alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

On 24 Jun 2024 at 09:39:15 BST, "Alan B" <alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid>
    wrote:

I mentioned that a few weeks ago I installed the latest version of OCLP on my
    2017 Intel MBA 7.2 currently on Monterey in an attempt to install Sonoma.
    Unfortunately there is no support for my 43xx wireless card which is not ideal
    for laptops! I've tried now an older version of OCLP (1.4.2) which may support
    43xx (?) but it just stops when attempting to create a suitable Sonoma USB >> installer. This has happened a couple of times so I'm wondering if anyone else
    has had similar issues. As suggested previously maybe I'll just have to wait >> for a newer version of OCLP that supports my wireless card.

Success - third time lucky! And what's more WiFi works :) Presumably I should NOT apply the Sonona 14.6 update rumoured to be avialble later today? Also is the installer that OCLP creates any different to the one you can create using the Sonoma App and the createinstallmedia command?

Never install raw updates after OCLP, and yes it's significantly
    different with a pile of extra drivers and the supporting
    scripting/prefs to allow them to run.

Cheers - Jaimie
    --
    It's all fun and games until someone loses an eye. Then it's a scavenger hunt.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
  • From Alan B@21:1/5 to Jaimie Vandenbergh on Wed Jun 26 08:56:29 2024
    On 24 Jun 2024 13:25:56 GMT, Jaimie Vandenbergh wrote:

On 24 Jun 2024 at 12:34:33 BST, "Alan B" <alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:

On 24 Jun 2024 at 09:39:15 BST, "Alan B"
    <alanrichardbarker@gmail.com.invalid>
    wrote:

I mentioned that a few weeks ago I installed the latest version of
    OCLP on my 2017 Intel MBA 7.2 currently on Monterey in an attempt to
    install Sonoma. Unfortunately there is no support for my 43xx wireless
    card which is not ideal for laptops! I've tried now an older version
    of OCLP (1.4.2) which may support 43xx (?) but it just stops when
    attempting to create a suitable Sonoma USB installer. This has
    happened a couple of times so I'm wondering if anyone else has had
    similar issues. As suggested previously maybe I'll just have to wait
    for a newer version of OCLP that supports my wireless card.

Success - third time lucky! And what's more WiFi works :) Presumably I
    should NOT apply the Sonona 14.6 update rumoured to be avialble later
    today? Also is the installer that OCLP creates any different to the one
    you can create using the Sonoma App and the createinstallmedia command?

Never install raw updates after OCLP, and yes it's significantly
    different with a pile of extra drivers and the supporting
    scripting/prefs to allow them to run.

I just wish OCLP oould stop nagging me to upgrade to v. 1.5.0 despite my turning off the option to inform me of updates! Never mind I guess I can
    live with that :)

--
    Cheers, Alan

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05