• Virus Warnings

    From Jeff Gaines@21:1/5 to All on Sat Sep 10 07:47:20 2022
    Warning, imminent threat of death, Defender has found the following,
    probably planted by Putin:

    JGTaskManager - a program I have written in Visual Studio as a To Do
    manager.

    Speccy Installer

    PowerISO Installer

    Donkey Kong

    Iolo SystemMechanic6.exe

    ariskkey.exe

    Nirsoft Produkey

    And people wonder why I hate Windows 10 so much.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    Those are my principles Ė and if you donít like them, well, I have others. (Groucho Marx)

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Adrian Caspersz@21:1/5 to Jeff Gaines on Sat Sep 10 11:28:02 2022
    On 10/09/2022 08:47, Jeff Gaines wrote:

    Warning, imminent threat of death, Defender has found the following,
    probably planted by Putin:

    JGTaskManager - a program I have written in Visual Studio as a To Do
    manager.

    Speccy Installer

    PowerISO Installer

    Donkey Kong

    Iolo SystemMechanic6.exe

    ariskkey.exe

    Nirsoft Produkey


    False positives? Can you turn Heuristics off, and try again?

    And people wonder why I hate Windows 10 so much.


    Windows is popular. Low hanging fruit and all that ;->

    --
    Adrian C

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Abandoned_Trolley@21:1/5 to Jeff Gaines on Sat Sep 10 15:30:41 2022
    On 10/09/2022 08:47, Jeff Gaines wrote:

    Warning, imminent threat of death, Defender has found the following,
    probably planted by Putin:

    JGTaskManager - a program I have written in Visual Studio as a To Do
    manager.

    Speccy Installer

    PowerISO Installer

    Donkey Kong

    Iolo SystemMechanic6.exe

    ariskkey.exe

    Nirsoft Produkey

    And people wonder why I hate Windows 10 so much.


    Apart from stuff written for the WPF I think every program I have ever
    written (writted ?) has been found to be a virus.

    But if you hate Windows so much then why are you using Visual Studio ?



    --
    random signature text inserted here

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jeff Gaines@21:1/5 to All on Mon Sep 12 09:07:36 2022
    On 10/09/2022 in message <tfi72i$1fd8l$1@dont-email.me> Abandoned_Trolley wrote:

    Apart from stuff written for the WPF I think every program I have ever >written (writted ?) has been found to be a virus.

    But if you hate Windows so much then why are you using Visual Studio ?

    I don't hate Windows, W2K was brilliant, it's W10 that seems to cause the problems.

    I use Visual Studio as it's one of the best IDEs around, designed by the
    chap who designed Borland's IDEs - they WERE the best tools around by a
    million miles.

    VS2022, which I have on a test machine, has exactly the same bugs as
    VS2008 but has many more pop up windows which seem to be trying to guess
    what I'm trying to do. It is prettier though but doesn't allow the use of
    the Fixedsys font which is the choice of many programmers.

    I decide one program I am working on would benefit from MDI windows. The
    child windows look like Win XP, a point raised on many forums and ignored
    by MSFT. One good point though, I can tile windows vertically or
    horizontally because in those days it was assumed user knew what the words meant and didn't need "side by side" or whatever the other option is
    nowadays.

    Sorry, rant over, I still have the option of Win 8.1 that would treat me
    as semi literate at least.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    I take full responsibility for what happened - that is why the person that
    was responsible went immediately.
    (Gordon Brown, April 2009)

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Vir Campestris@21:1/5 to Jeff Gaines on Mon Oct 3 21:06:09 2022
    On 12/09/2022 10:07, Jeff Gaines wrote:
    I use Visual Studio as it's one of the best IDEs around

    I haven't programmed for Windows in 10 years - forced away by
    redundancy, and don't miss it except just occasionally there's some odd
    tool that is Windows only - but I second that. I _do_ miss Visual
    Studio. To the extent that I used VS Code exclusively as an editor, even
    though it didn't support my tool chain.

    I'm surprised by your false positives. When I was writing Windows stuff
    I hardly ever had a trigger. I'm really surprised it hadn't seen Donkey
    Kong before!

    Andy

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From Jeff Gaines@21:1/5 to All on Mon Oct 3 21:37:18 2022
    On 03/10/2022 in message <thffbi$2abg1$1@dont-email.me> Vir Campestris
    wrote:

    On 12/09/2022 10:07, Jeff Gaines wrote:
    I use Visual Studio as it's one of the best IDEs around

    I haven't programmed for Windows in 10 years - forced away by redundancy,
    and don't miss it except just occasionally there's some odd tool that is >Windows only - but I second that. I do miss Visual Studio. To the extent
    that I used VS Code exclusively as an editor, even though it didn't
    support my tool chain.

    I'm surprised by your false positives. When I was writing Windows stuff I >hardly ever had a trigger. I'm really surprised it hadn't seen Donkey Kong >before!

    Andy

    I assumed it was a recent update to defender, in the end it became
    unusable so I went back to 8.1 which has been fine.

    --
    Jeff Gaines Dorset UK
    640k ought to be enough for anyone.
    (Bill Gates, 1981)

    --- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)