• Equality of Men and Women / A Muslim President of the United States?

From unsuk arvay@21:1/5 to All on Thu Jun 22 06:26:33 2023
    From Aug 2017 re-posting now

Men and women are equal, but not interchangeable. The Baha’i adage that men and women are like the wings of a bird is well intentioned, but it misses an important point. We are not mirror images of each other. Our equality is asymmetrical.

This is why, I suppose, women are not permitted to serve as members of the UHJ.

I find it curious that there are Baha’is who disagree with that doctrine, and yet declare themselves to be followers of the faith. Indeed, they disagree with much more than that, and yet hold themselves forward as Baha’is. One wonders.

= = = = = = =

From 9/2015

Republican presidential candidate Dr Ben Carson recently became the target of critics when he declared that he could not support a Muslim candidacy for president. What he really said was that he could indeed support anyone of any faith, so long as the
    way they would preside would be consistent with the US Constitution.

The question then becomes, is Islam compatible with the US Constitution?

Carson asked for any authoritative Islamic teaching which renounced the penalties for apostasy or homosexuality, and which proposed equal rights for women. He pointed out that all the Islamic teachings he could find were inconsistent with basic freedoms
    guaranteed under the US Constitution, and said that if he were to be given an authoritative document otherwise, he would reconsider.

I pose two questions:

1. Can anyone here produce such a document?

2. If Islam and the US Constitution are compatible, then could a Christian be elected head of a predominantly Muslim nation?

Thank you in advance.

-

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)