• A message to people who read, but do not post here

From Bob@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 15 13:21:19 2020
    It seems that about ten years or so ago, faithful Baha'is withdrew en masse from public discussions of their faith in such forums as this one. Until then, I had had enlightening discussions with such people.

In those discussions, I found a curious anomaly. The most outspoken Baha'is seemed to be what I referred to as, "New Age," politically Left, people who at that time were called "Liberals," but true Liberalism has been usurped by a more modern version of
    anti-western-culture radicals. The Liberals were a tame lot comparatively.

I found that ironic, since the Baha'i teachings as I found them written down in its classical scriptures, were (in great measure at least) what today would be called, socially conservative, even right-wing radical, social / cultural positions.

However, I was occasionally told by someone who read, but rarely posted, that the Leftist Baha'is were a small minority, and that the large majority were culturally conservative for the most part. IOW, they tended to disdain homosexual marriage,
    abortion, alcoholic beverages, and favored a male-only top of their hierarchy.

I am wondering if the same prevails now, or has the leftward cultural drift in the West been adopted by Baha'is in the main? I would appreciate a thoughtful reply.

This forum seems to have been abandoned to people overtly hostile to Baha'is, and while I disagree with Baha'i teachings (I am a former Baha'i), I am not hostile to rank and file Baha'is.

Thank you for any response.

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)