• musings on awakening/enlightenment

From David Dalton@21:1/5 to All on Fri Nov 9 02:26:57 2018
    XPost: alt.philosophy.taoism, alt.buddha.short.fat.guy, alt.religion.hindu XPost: alt.consciousness.mysticism

I have written a few times before of my hope that I will come out of my low/wilderness years and achieve awakening/enlightenment, like the Buddha did at the end of his seven ascetic years. I have said that I expect this awakening/enlightenment to consist of sustained productive creativity and mental stability, allowing me to taper off my medication without experiencing adverse effects.

I think I have briefly come out of the low years twice before, once one early evening when I was visiting Vancouver in September 2004, and once one New Year’s Eve a few years ago here in St. John’s. In both cases I
    experienced a feeling of luminous clarity, and it wasn’t similar to my
    waning crescent highs.

I have three types of awakening so far:
    1. my waning crescent highs (inspiration/call)
    2. release from my waxing gibbous moon trials by full moon
    3. the above-mentioned two brief incidents.

But anyway, while medication has eased my way, it seems that it has delayed
    the final awakening/enlightenment since most past figures similar to me had only seven years of low years, some had 14 years, and I have gone 22.78 years so far. If an 11 year sunspot cycle variation holds, I might come out of the low years 11 years after the 14 years, so 2.22 more years, or 22 years after the 7 years, or 6.22 more years. But I hope it will be sooner than 2.22 more years.

However, note that while my low years were quite bad in 1996 and 1997, these days they are not very low except in terms of creativity while I am on my current medication regimen of 1250 mg divalproex sodium and 7.5 mg of olanzapine nightly and am abstaining from alcohol 1--9 days before full moon and from marijuana during all of waxing moon, and am not blindly believing perineum click divination, though I still play at it.

--
    David Dalton dalton@nfld.com http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page) http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html Salmon on the Thorns (mystic page) “Don't get me wrong/If I come and go like fashion
    I might be great tomorrow/But hopeless yesterday" (Chrissie Hynde)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)
  • From David Dalton@21:1/5 to All on Sun Nov 11 22:36:28 2018
    XPost: alt.philosophy.taoism, alt.buddha.short.fat.guy, alt.religion.hindu XPost: alt.consciousness.mysticism

On Nov 9, 2018, David Dalton wrote
    (in article<0001HW.219559290010153A700006DBF2CF@news.eternal-september.org>):

I have written a few times before of my hope that I will come out of my low/wilderness years and achieve awakening/enlightenment, like the Buddha did at the end of his seven ascetic years. I have said that I expect this awakening/enlightenment to consist of sustained productive creativity and mental stability, allowing me to taper off my medication without experiencing adverse effects.

I think I have briefly come out of the low years twice before, once one early evening when I was visiting Vancouver in September 2004, and once one New Year’s Eve a few years ago here in St. John’s. In both cases I experienced a feeling of luminous clarity, and it wasn’t similar to my waning crescent highs.

I have three types of awakening so far:
    1. my waning crescent highs (inspiration/call)
    2. release from my waxing gibbous moon trials by full moon
    3. the above-mentioned two brief incidents.

But anyway, while medication has eased my way, it seems that it has delayed the final awakening/enlightenment since most past figures similar to me had only seven years of low years, some had 14 years, and I have gone 22.78 years so far. If an 11 year sunspot cycle variation holds, I might come out of the low years 11 years after the 14 years, so 2.22 more years, or 22 years after the 7 years, or 6.22 more years. But I hope it will be sooner than 2.22 more years.

However, note that while my low years were quite bad in 1996 and 1997, these days they are not very low except in terms of creativity while I am on my current medication regimen of 1250 mg divalproex sodium and 7.5 mg of olanzapine nightly and am abstaining from alcohol 1--9 days before full moon and from marijuana during all of waxing moon, and am not blindly believing perineum click divination, though I still play at it.

As I noted in item 16 of the Key Features of My Cycles subpage of my
    Salmon on the Thorns web page, at some times in the past I have felt
    "buddha" belly circles (one smaller, one larger, not at same time, smaller
    one lasted much longer).

Also in the past I have experienced belly pops of the smaller circle,
    and have thought that that meant I was being tested to see if I
    was a buddha by non-humans.

Late last night I experienced a number of these belly pops (usually
    preceded by a perineum click last night, and I don’t remember
    of that was the case in the earlier ones) again and divined
    that this time I was being tested by humans in various spiritual
    paths.

However the counter on my Salmon on the Thorns web page
    did not increase in the last two days so I doubt there is
    really any interest.

--
    David Dalton dalton@nfld.com http://www.nfld.com/~dalton (home page) http://www.nfld.com/~dalton/dtales.html Salmon on the Thorns (mystic page) “I'm sick of sitting 'round here trying to write this book
    I need a love reaction/Come on now baby gimme just one look" (B.S.)

--- SoupGate-Win32 v1.05
    * Origin: fsxNet Usenet Gateway (21:1/5)